Chapter One Hundred Twenty Five

Chapter One Hundred Twenty Five – Zayn

Zayn runs a frustrated hand through his hair, before he looks back at the computer screen as he searches for something for the twins' birthday. He's locked himself in his office as he searches, Liam has taken Bella out to help him with something that is "top secret" and Zayn couldn't know about, and the twins are napping upstairs. So Zayn's holed up in his office, with a snoring Aurora curled up underneath his desk, as he searches for ideas for the birthday party they need to have in two weeks. The doorbell ringing repeatedly makes Zayn groan again before he flips his laptop closed and tucks it under his arm to head upstairs to answer the door. "Hey Louis" Zayn mumbles as he swings open the door to find his best friend standing there, "no Harry with you today?" Zayn asks and Louis shakes his head, "he's not feeling well, has a headache or something" he explains. Zayn nods stepping aside to let him in the house, "where are the kids?" Louis asks and Zayn shrugs as he leads the way up into the living room, "Bella is out with Liam somewhere and the twin terrors are napping...although Zack should be up any minute" he explains as he looks at the clock.

As if on cue Zack starts shrieking into the monitor a moment later"Baba. Baba. Baba" he chants and Zayn chuckles, before he leaves Louis on the couch to go get his son. "Hey Bubba. Shh let's not wake up Chloe" Zayn tells the almost one year old as he approaches the crib. Zack grins and puts one finger over his lips, as if telling Zayn to be quiet, "shh" he giggles and Zayn chuckles, "yeah" he murmurs as he scoops Zack into his arms and moves to leave the room. Zack whines once they're in the hall, "what is it Bubba?" Zayn asks and Zack points back at the room "Lo" he whines and Zayn grins. "Chloe's still sleeping Zack, she'll come down and play when she wakes up. But Uncle Louis' here to see you" Zayn explains. Zack pouts before he grins widely and points towards the stairs "go" he insists and Zayn shakes his head fondly, before he heads back downstairs to find Louis again. As soon as Zayn walks into the room Zack starts squirming, trying to get out of his arms so he can go and see Louis. Chuckling Zayn sets him down on the floor and watches fondly as his son moves as quickly as he can across the room towards his best friend, Louis crouching down to catch him in his arms and cuddling him close to his chest. "Hey Buddy, look how good you are at that now" Louis grins, as Zack nods seriously at him "noLo" he mumbles shaking his head. Louis laughs and presses a loud kiss to Zack's cheek, "Chloe doesn't walk yet?" he asks looking to Zayn for confirmation, Zayn nods at the same time Zack says "yes" with a pout.

"She'll walk when she's ready Big Guy" Louis chuckles, kissing Zack's hair, as Zack snuggles into him, wrapping his arms around the older's neck and resting his head on his shoulder. Zayn watches his best friend and can't help but smile at the scene, Louis loves all his kids as if they were his own, always has, he used to cuddle Bella like this all the time, especially if Zayn had work to do. "So what are the plans for this one's birthday?" Louis asks snapping Zayn out of his thoughts. "I don't know yet" Zayn shrugs, "I was trying to find something to do for them when you got here actually" he adds. Louis nods as he rubs Zack's back and Zayn is a little amazed at how calm his son is in Louis' arms, Zack never cuddles for long, unless he's not feeling well, usually he wants to be on the go constantly, but right now with Louis, Zack seems content to cuddle into his shoulder and play with the hair on the back of Louis' head with one hand. "What about your anniversary?" Louis asks and Zayn shrugs again, "I don't think we're really doing anything. Liam and I talked about it and at least this year we'd rather focus on the twins" he explains. Louis makes a face but doesn't say anything, but Zayn knows he wants to, "what is it Lou?" he mumbles. "Nothing just I know that first birthdays are important, but so are anniversaries. Are you sure that you want to skip it?" Louis asks, still rubbing Zack's back. Zayn shrugs, "Liam and I are fine without celebrating this year.And I want the twins' birthday to be our main focus that's all" he hums. Louis nods and Zayn knows he wants to say something else, but he doesn't, instead Louis sits on the floor with Zack still in his arms, leaning back against the couch.