Chapter Fourteen

ChapterFourteen – Liam

Liam's going over a few contracts for an important meeting he and Niall have tomorrow, making sure everything is right, and benefits them, in the long run, while being fair. His phone starts ringing in his pocket and Liam frowns pulling it out to see who's calling him, seeing it's Zayn he quickly presses accept, deciding he can ask to call his boyfriend back in a few hours, "hey, Zayn" he murmurs into the phone eyes still scanning over the contract. "Hey, Liam, I'm sorry to bug you while you're working but..." Zayn trails off. Liam furrows his eyebrows Zayn sounds off, like something's wrong, "hey, babe, I'm busy, but what is it, you sound off?" Liam asks. Zayn lets out a sigh through the phone, "um I hate to ask you this, because I know how busy you are, but I can't find Louis and Harry's at work with me, and I can't leave right now, and-" Zayn rambles. Liam shakes his head, "what is it?" he asks concerned and Zayn sighs "okay, well, I guess my mum blacked out, and Waliyha took her to the hospital, but someone needs to go and pick up Bella, and I know it's not a great time but" Zayn explains quickly, cutting off to breathe deeply and Liam frowns at his phone, "are you asking me to pick up your daughter?" he asks confused, "also is your mum okay?" he adds. Zayn chuckles "yeah,Mum's fine, she just forgot to eat all day or summat, but yes I am asking you to pick up Bella. I would but, my boss won't let me leave,and I don't have a car anyways" he answers, and Liam can picture him biting his lip, and tugging on his hair. Liam thinks for a second before he makes his decision, it was never a question really, "I'll go get her, but Zee, I don't have a seat for her" he says, Zayn laughs, just take the one from Waliyha's car, I'll take it back to her when I drop Bella off next" he answers. Liam nods and stacks up the papers on his desk, "I'll have to bring her back to the office, I still have a ton of work to do today" he warns. "That's fine Liam, I wouldn't even be asking you if I wasn't desperate, I'll come pick her up as soon as I can" Zayn assures him. Liam sighs, shaking his head, "no I'll bring her home when I'm done here, I could use some Zayn time" he mumbles, Zayn laughs, "deal, I have to get back to work, thank you" he calls, hanging up before Liam can respond.

Liam pulls up to the hospital thirty minutes later, he stops at the reception desk to ask for the room number, "I'm looking for Trisha Malik?" he asks, slowly. The girl looks up lazily at him, "are you family?" she asks, snapping her gum loudly. Liam rolls his eyes, "not really, I'm her son's boyfriend, and they're expecting me" he informs her, she sighs and types away on the computer in front of her, before telling Liam the room number. Liam takes the elevator to the floor and heads down the hallway in search of the right room, "you must be Liam?" a girl's voice asks, and Liam furrows his eyebrows at her, "right sorry, I'm Waliyha, Zayn's sister" she introduces herself. Liam grins and reaches out to shake her hand, now that he knows who she is, the resemblance to Zayn is undeniable, "sorry yeah, I'm Liam" he murmurs, and she grins. "Zayn told me you were coming, but he forgot to mention you were stunning" Waliyha says, blushing lightly, Liam chuckles and nods his head, "thank you?" he asks,more than says. Waliyha blushes, and points towards a room on their left, "Bella's in there with Mum, but I really don't think you want to meet my mum under these circumstances" she sighs, and Liam raises an eyebrow, "why not?" he asks, and Waliyha laughs. "She's upset at everyone right now, doesn't think she needs to be in here, which she's probably right. Also Zayn is a mumma's boy and I know he'll want to be there when you do meet her, so I'll go and bring Bella out here, and then we can go down and switch over the car seat" she says decidedly, before disappearing into the room before Liam can respond. "Must be a Malik thing" he mumbles to himself, before the door opens again and suddenly an energetic toddler is crashing full force into his knees, "Leeyum" Bella whimpers.

Liam realizes with a start that Bella's crying, and he bends down to pull her into his arms "hey, shh, why are you crying, Love?" he asks gently. Arabella shrugs andsnuggles further into his shoulder, "scary, place. Grandma fall down" she mumbles, and Liam understands instantly, "oh, are you scared of the hospital?" he asks. Bella nods in response and Liam instantly feels bad for the toddler, she's had a long day already,and it's barely one in the afternoon. Waliyha appears again, carrying Bella's bag and the three head towards the elevator again, when they make it to the parking lot, Liam realizes he's parked beside Waliyha,"convenient" he chuckles and Waliyha nods, quickly moving the seat from her car into Liam's backseat, since Bella shows no signs of letting go of Liam. "There you go, all set" Waliyha says as she stands back up, "bye munchkin" she murmurs, pressing a kiss to Bella's cheek, who pulls her face out to wave at her aunt "bye Auntie Wali" she murmurs. Waliyha turns and heads back inside,waving to Liam as she does, "alright, let's get you buckled in" Liam murmurs, slowly placing Bella in her seat, and doing up the straps. "We goin' to see Baba?" Bella asks quietly, Liam bites his lip and shakes his head, "not right away, we're going to my office first" he tells her, kissing her forehead when she pouts at him. "Want Baba" Bella whines as Liam slides into the driver's seat, starting the car before turning to face her, "I know sweetie, I do too. But I promise I'll finish my work fast and we can go find Baba, alright?" Liam asks. Bella appears to be thinking about it before she whines quietly, and nods her head at Liam, who nods back and turns to face the road.