Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine – Zayn

Zayn chews his lip as he waits for Louis to get home, it's a few days after he agreed to move in with Liam, and he has yet to tell his slightly older best friend, and roommate about his plans. Zayn's trying to focus on his homework as he waits for Louis, knowing he should be here any moment, but it's just not working, so with a frustrated groan Zayn pushes his books off his lap, them landing on the floor with a dull thud. The sound makes Zayn wince and look towards the hallway, holding his breath as he waits to see if it will wake up Bella, who's just gone to bed a little over forty minutes ago, when there's no sound or movement Zayn allows himself to relax, as much as he can. He's worried about how Louis will react, the older has been there for him his entire life, but Louis' been the only reason Zayn and Bella have been able to survive for the last two and half years. But the more Zayn thinks about living with Liam, the more he knows that it's what he wants, and he knows that no matter what Louis will be happy for him, as long as he's happy himself.

It's only ten minutes later that Zayn hears Louis out in the hall, and then in the apartment itself. He gets up and heads to the kitchen to boil the kettle for some tea, knowing Louis handles everything better with a good cup of tea. He's just dropped a tea bag into Louis' favourite mug, which is actually very hideous, but Bella picked it out for him during one of their shopping trips so Louis loves it, when Louis comes into the kitchen. Zayn watches as Louis' eyes narrow in on the mug that will soon hold tea before darting to Zayn, "alright out with it then" Louis sighs, dropping his bag and sitting in one of the chairs at the table. Zayn splutters and is grateful the kettle chooses that moment to finish so he has something to distract himself with. He sets the kettle down again after pouring the boiled water over the tea bag, "what are you talking about Lou? Can't I just make you tea to be nice?" Zayn asks. Louis chuckles shaking his head "you could, but you don't. So what is it you need to tell me. That you don't think I'm going to like?" he asks. Zayn sighs and chews his lip, he's looking around the kitchen refusing to meet Louis' bright blue eyes. Louis makes a strange noise that makes Zayn turn to him, "Zee, whatever it is, can't be that bad. Just tell me please?" he murmurs and Zayn sighs again.

Zayn brings Louis the steaming mug, passing it to the older boy, who takes it with a grateful smile, before Zayn sinks into a chair opposite his best friend. "Alright,well you know Liam?" Zayn asks, immediately wanting to smack himself, because what a stupid question. Louis laughs "yes I've met him once or twice. He's your boyfriend right?" he teases, and Zayn rolls his eyes. "Well he's asked me and Bella to move in with him..." Zayn says trailing off at the end, deciding to get straight to his point. Louis takes a sip of his tea before arching an eyebrow at Zayn, "and I'm guessing you said yes. Otherwise, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation" he says slowly. Zayn bites his lip, avoiding Louis' gaze again as he nods, "yeah, I said yes, but I can always tell him I've changed my mind, please tell me you don't hate me" Zayn rambles. Louis shakes his head and reaches out to grab Zayn's hands in his own, "Zayn, I would never hate you, you and I have been through too much together for that. And don't you dare tell Liam you changed your mind, I'm not upset, I can see how happy he makes you and Arabella" he says carefully. Zayn smiles nodding his head, "he really does make me happy Lou" he murmurs and Louis nods "I know, so when do you move out?" he asks. Zayn shakes his head and shrugs because there is no date yet, he wanted to talk to Louis first, which Liam had understood "no idea, we haven't set one yet" he mumbles and Louis laughs, nodding his head.

The room is silent for a few minutes, Louis just sipping his tea and Zayn watching him carefully, "I am going to miss you, both of you. You know?" Louis murmurs after a few moments. Zayn smiles nodding his head, "we're going to miss you too" he mumbles, making Louis grin. "Hey Lou?" Zayn asks quietly, Louis' head snapping up to look at him, "thank you, I mean for everything you've ever done for me...and Bella. We wouldn't have made it without you" Zayn mumbles, and he can feel his cheeks heating up. Louis smiles, setting his cup down, and standing up, moving and pulling Zayn to his feet as well, before wrapping him in a hug, "you don't have to thank me, and you would have figured it out, I'm sure of it. But I am glad I could help you out" Louis murmurs. Zayn snuggles into Louis' embrace, loving the familiarity of it all, the pair having been friends since their first day of school, back when they were four years old. "I love you Louis" Zayn mumbles, and he means it, not the way he loves Liam, that's different but he loves Louis like he loves his family, because Louis is family as far as Zayn's concerned "I love you too, Zayner" Louis chuckles. Zayn pulls away after that, "enough of that sappy stuff, now are you sure this is okay?" he asks. Louis groans nodding his head, "yes Zee, I'm happy for you, and just know, no matter what you and Bella will always have a room here, deal?" he asks and Zayn nods slowly.