Chapter Eighty Nine

Chapter Eighty Nine – Zayn

Zayn groans as Bella spins around on her carpet, completely avoiding him and the pyjamas he's holding for her, "Arabella, it's time to get ready for bed, c'mon" he calls. Bella just giggles as she shakes her head and spins away from him, "I'm going to count to three, and then no story tonight if you're not over here" Zayn warns. Bella just giggles again but makes no move to come towards him. Sighing Zayn starts to count, "one...two...Bella please" Zayn starts, "...three" Zayn sighs after a long pause. "Alright, there's no story tonight Bella, pyjamas now" Zayn says sternly, arching an eyebrow, "but Baba" Bella whines and Zayn shakes his head, "I'm sorry Boo, you had a chance" he answers holding out the pyjamas. Bella pouts but comes towards him, allowing Zayn to pull her dress off over her head, and replace it with the pyjamas he was holding. "Alright let's go brush your teeth and say goodnight to Daddy" Zayn murmurs holding out his hand for her, Bella just huffs and shakes her head at him, "no Baba mean, want Daddy" she mutters and Zayn sighs. "You want Daddy to brush your teeth?" he asks and Bella nods, Zayn shakes his head alright, "but he's not going to read you a story either" he warns. Bella pouts again but doesn't say anything so Zayn leaves her in her room while he finds Liam.

The problem with the house is it's so much bigger than their apartment was and having only been there a few days Zayn's still trying to figure out the layout. It takes him five minutes before he finds Liam downstairs in his office, Zayn taps on the door making Liam look up from his paperwork. "what's up?" Liam asks and Zayn sighs. "Bella wants you to come help her brush her teeth and tuck her in" Zayn mumbles and Liam arches an eyebrow at him, "she's upset with me because she wasn't listening so I told her no story. So now she wants you to help her, because I think, she thinks she can get you to read her one" he explains. Liam chuckles "you know that's not gonna happen right? I mean you said no story and we are a team, so I'm going to stick with you on that" he murmurs, pressing a kiss to Zayn's head that for some inexplicable reason makes him blush. Zayn follows Liam up from the basement and to Bella's room Zayn frowns when Bella lights up and throws herself at Liam, "Daddy, Baba's mean" she mutters and Zayn rolls his eyes, because he's always 'mean' apparently. Liam chuckles "why is Baba mean?" he asks and Zayn hears Bella huff "tell Bella no story" she whines and Liam hums "yeah, and why did Baba say no story, Princess" Liam asks. The room is quiet and Zayn peeks around the door to see Bella avoiding Liam's eyes as she tries to come up with an answer for him, "Bella not listenin' to Baba" she admits quietly. Zayn smiles because at least she's honest, before he moves into his and Liam's room to allow them some privacy.

Zayn's only alone for a few minutes before the door pushes open and Liam carries a slightly pouting Bella into the room, "hey" Zayn murmurs, "someone wanted to tell Baba something before she goes to bed" Liam hums. Bella pouts and reaches out for Zayn, who cuddles her close to his chest, "I sorry Baba, you not mean. Bella should listen" she murmurs, Zayn smiles and presses a kiss to her head, "thank you Love" he murmurs back. "Good night Baba, love you" Bella chimes, pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek, Zayn grins, "night Boo, sweet dreams. I love you" he says, kissing her cheek. Bella then reaches out for Liam who scoops her into his arms, "I'll be right back" he hums, before he carries Bella out of the room and back to her own room. Zayn smiles after them and reaches for his book off the nightstand, sighing at all the boxes still scattered around the room, he really should be unpacking but after working all day and being a dad all evening he's tired and just doesn't want to. Liam comes back into the room a minute later and Zayn grins at him "she in bed?" he asks and Liam nods, coming to lay beside Zayn on the bed, "yes, but she's still not happy she didn't get a story" he hums. Zayn sighs "thank you" he murmurs and Liam grins "we need to stick together, soon she's gonna have two accomplices, they'll outnumber us" he jokes and Zayn laughs before leaning over to kiss him lightly.