Chapter One Hundred Thirty Seven

Chapter One Hundred Thirty Seven– Zayn

"Baba?" Bella asks as she comes into his office, dropping to sit in one of the extra chairs. Zayn looks up from the essay he's marking, dropping his pen on top of the papers, to give her his full attention. "What is it?" Zayn asks and Bella shrugs reaching out to play with one of the random things on Zayn's desk, most of them given to him by her. "C'mere" Zayn hums pushing away from his desk and opening his arms for Bella to climb into his lap. "What's been going on with you lately? You know I love cuddles and I'm always available to snuggle with you, but the past few weeks, you've been extra cuddly. Is something going on?" Zayn asks gently, wrapping his arms around her tightly, it's been about a month since he and Liam first noticed Bella's need to be close to them.

Bella shrugs, leaning in to Zayn's chest and poking at the tattoos on his forearm, a habit she's always had that Zayn secretly hopes she never grows out of. "Nothing happened, I just want to be with you and Daddy" Bella mumbles. Zayn furrows his eyebrows at that but nods his head, "and you know we always want to spend time with you too. Just, you know if something is bothering you, you can always talk to me. Or Daddy" he says, squeezing her gently, before he tickles her sides. Bella giggles and squirms trying to get away from him, pushing on his arms, Zayn laughs and stops his attack. "I love you" he mumbles and Bella looks up at him with a grin, before she presses her fingers into the tiara tattoo he got for her, "I know, I love you too Baba" she echos. Zayn laughs and presses kisses to her hair and face until she's a giggling mess and struggling to get out of his arms.

"Where's Daddy and your siblings?" Zayn asks once Bella's caught her breath and she smiles pointing up, "upstairs, Auntie Ruth and Uncle Ben are here with Ethan, Mason and Kenzi" she explains. "And you're just telling me this now?" Zayn asks arching an eyebrow. Bella giggles, "I like when it's just you and me sometimes, Baba" she mumbles. Zayn smiles "me too, Boo" he hums, standing up with her in his arms. "How about next weekend we leave Chloe and Zack home with Daddy and you and I go out somewhere, just us" he asks, as he shuts off his office lights and carries Bella towards the stairs. It's a lot more difficult than it used to be, because she's over half his height now, but he can manage it. Bella nods, "okay" she answers as Zayn climbs the stairs and sees his nephews playing trains in the living room with Zack, as Liam talks to Ruth and Ben.

"I wondered where you two were" Ruth laughs as Zayn sets Bella down and she runs over to play with Kenzi and Chloe. Zayn laughs hugging his sister in law gently, "sorry Bella didn't tell me you were here until about thirty seconds ago" he chuckles, stepping away and clapping Ben on the back in greeting." That explains it, I thought she got lost" Liam laughs, and Bella turns to glare at him playfully, "I don't get lost in my own house Daddy" Bella huffs and everyone laughs. "Mason did" Ethan teases, chuckling before his younger brother slaps his arm, "no" Zack scolds, narrowing his eyes on his cousin. Mason rolls his eyes and Ethan laughs offering the toddler a high five, "yeah Mase be nice to me" he chuckles. Mason grumbles something under his breath and Zayn shakes his head at the whole interaction, "boys, be nice" Ruth groans, turning to arch an eyebrow at her sons, who both mutter apologies before turning back to the trains Zack's offering them.

"So what brings you guys here?" Zayn asks Ruth and Ben as Liam tugs him into his side, "oh I just missed you Zayn" Ben teases and Ruth rolls her eyes at her husband as Liam side eyes his brother in law. "Dad, don't be weird" Ethan huffs, arching an eyebrow at the older man, and Zayn can't help but laugh. "But look at his hair E" Ben jokes, and Ethan rolls his eyes, turning back to Zack as the toddler pokes his cheek wanting his cousin's attention. Zayn breathes out a laugh when he feels Liam's arms wrap a little tighter around him, "mine" he grumbles and Zayn rolls his eyes, "all yours" he agrees, leaning over to kiss his lips gently. "Daddy, Baba stop" Bella whines and Zayn chuckles kissing Liam a couple more times before he pulls away. "Sorry Love" Liam grins and Bella makes a face "no you're not" she mutters as Kenzi giggles beside her. "But to answer your question Zayn" Ruth starts, "we're here because Ethan said he needed your help with something at school and Kenzi wanted to see Bella outside of school" she finishes. "And I just got dragged along" Mason says, reaching out for the train Zack is shoving in his face before it hits him in the eye. "Gentle Zack" Zayn warns, the toddler pouting but he stops trying to blind the eight year old with his trains. "You love us" Liam teases getting up to scoop Mason into a bear hug, tickling his sides until he admits he loves to come visit his favourite uncles.