Chapter Seventy Seven

Chapter Seventy Seven – Zayn

Zayn's struggling to keep his eyes open at breakfast the next morning, he got next to no sleep last night, thinking about why Sadie would be following him and Liam. He doesn't think he's been this tired since Bella was born and had her days and nights mixed up. Liam looks just as exhausted across the table where he's just holding a cup of coffee, not actually ever drinking it, just holding it. "Baba?When Grandma coming?" Bella asks, poking Zayn's arm lightly, and Zayn turns to look at her, smiling lightly at the yogurt surrounding her mouth, "in a few hours Boo, why?" Zayn asks and Bella shrugs, "wear shirt?" she asks. Zayn furrows his eyebrows, in complete confusion, because what is Bella talking about, "your big sister shirt?" Liam asks slowly and Bella shrugs again ,"shirt wore with Grandma Karen" she says to clarify, and Zayn's sleepy mind finally catches up. "Yes you can wear the shirt we need to tell Grandma and Grandpa" Zayn answers and Bella claps her hands excitedly, all while cheering before turning her attention back to her breakfast.

Zayn's slowly cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast while Liam gets changed and Bella has disappeared to play with her toys in the livingroom. Liam appears wrapping his arms around his waist from behind, "hey" Zayn yawns and Liam chuckles, "so you got about as much sleep as I did?" he asks and Zayn just nods, "possibly less" he mutters. Liam chuckles, pressing a kiss to his neck, "I just don't understand what the Hell she wants" Zayn mumbles and Liam nods against him, "I know, we need to figure it out, though and soon. I really don't want her snooping around once new baby's here" Liam murmurs and this time Zayn nods, he really just wants Sadie to be gone and out of their lives for good. "Do you think anyone would blame me, if I just hit her with a shovel?" Zayn asks with a smirks, and Liam chuckles, "unfortunately yes. And I really don't think I can do this alone" he answers, gesturing around the apartment. Zayn pouts, "but if they'd ever met her they would understand" he whines and Liam full out laughs at that, "but a jury never would have met her, and wouldn't see it that way" he chuckles. Zayn just pouts at that, because he knows Liam's right, but to his sleep deprived mind it still seems like a good solution, not that he would ever actually hit someone with a shovel.

Zayn's working on getting lunch ready, when he hears a knock on the door followed by Bella's excited cheering and quick footsteps as she runs towards the door. Heavier footsteps follow her and Zayn knows Liam's trying to get to the door first to prevent her from opening it alone. Yawning lightly Zayn moves out of the kitchen at the sound of his mum's voice, coming into the entranceway to see his whole family being greeted by Liam, who has a pouty Bella on his hip. Waliyha notices him first and breaks away to come hug him, "you okay? You look exhausted" she hums and Zayn sighs, "just didn't get a lot of sleep last night" he murmurs. Waliyha pulls away to give him a concerned look before she shrugs and is pushed out of the way by Safaa, who hugs Zayn as well. Trisha is there when Zayn pulls away from his youngest sister, "hey Mum" Zayn murmurs, pulling her into his arms, "everything alright?" she asks and Zayn just nods, hugging his mum closer to him for a minute, he misses her, yeah he sees her everyday when he drops Bella off or picks her up, but he still misses his mum. "We'll figure it out" Zayn hums and Trisha looks unconvinced but she lets it go and Zayn is grateful for it, he releases his mum just to be pulled into a strong hug from his dad "hey dad" he murmurs, and Yaser just squeezes a little tighter, almost sensing that Zayn needs it today.

Zayn moves back into the kitchen while Liam ushers everyone into the living room, he can hear Bella telling everyone where to sit, and chuckles a little shaking his head fondly at the girl. "Are you going to tell me what's going on or no?" Yaser asks suddenly, and Zayn jumps where he's standing by the stove "what do you mean?" Zayn stutters and his dad just arches an eyebrow at him. "Well for one, you look like you haven't slept at all. Two, Liam seemed a little jumpy when he answered the door, I know there's something bothering you two, what I don't know is what it is" Yaser explains, leaning on the counter beside Zayn. Zayn sighs, he knows there's really no use lying to his father, he knows he'll never get away with it, the man is too observant and Zayn knows it. "You remember Sadie?" Zayn asks and his dad arches an eyebrow, but just nods in response, "Well she's been coming around again, being a general pain in the arse, and asking for money. But last night she was following Liam and I away from dinner. I'm pretty sure she was trying to figure out where we live, but I don't know why" Zayn continues. "Did you guys lead her back here?" Yaser asks, and Zayn shakes his head quickly, "no, Liam made her believe we live in his assistant's building, but it's only a matter of time before Sadie realises we're not there, and comes back looking for us again" he mumbles. Zayn's suddenly being pulled into his dad's arms, "you make sure that little girl out there is safe, okay? And I know you and Liam will figure out the rest" Yaser murmurs pressing a kiss to Zayn's forehead, "thanks Dad" Zayn mumbles before they pull apart.