Chapter Eighty Two

Chapter Eighty Two – Liam

Liam bolts upright when he hears loud sobbing coming from down the hall, it's two in the morning and honestly he expected it earlier. It had taken him, Zayn, and Louis a long time to convince Bella she was safe enough to even go to bed, the three year old clinging to both Liam and Zayn tightly in an effort to not lie down. It was finally Louis who had convinced her it was late and she needed to sleep, by promising he would sleep in front of her door all night long to keep anyone unwanted out. Which to his credit Louis has been keeping that promise, laying curled up on the floor just inside Bella's door, while a watchful Aurora gives an assist, the dog seeming to know something went down, as she's been unwilling to let Bella out of her sight. Zayn's awake beside him almost instantly and the pair exchange a look before jumping out of bed and making their way to Bella's room, where they find Louis trying to calm the hysterical girl down. Bella's tired and scared eyes lock on Liam and she whimpers reaching towards him, much like she did at the park, "Baba, Daddy"she whines, before sobbing loudly, which makes Aurora whine loudly as well. "C'mere Princess" Liam coos as Zayn reaches down to calm the golden retriever down as well. Bella practically dives into Liam's arms and a tired looking Louis smiles lightly, before leaving the room, mumbling something about making tea.

"Daddy, not safe, mean lady gonna take Bella" Bella mumbles frantically once Louis' out of the room, and Liam pouts, hearing Zayn growl beside him. "No she's not" Liam says, "remember what officer Hardwick told you at the park?" Liam asks. Bella scrunches her eyebrows and buries her face in Liam's chest before shaking her head no, Liam smiles lightly "he told you that you were safe now, that he wouldn't let her ever get close to you again. That Baba and I would help him make sure of it" he explains, looking over to see Zayn smiling lightly. Bella whimpers "want Baba" she mumbles, and Liam nods, "Baba's right here" he coos, passing her into Zayn's waiting arms, where Bella burrows in, before her fingers run down his arms and press on the tattoo Zayn has for her. Liam watches Zayn's arms flex as he tightens his hold on her and hugs her closer to him. Bella's body starts shaking and Liam frowns when he realizes the girl is crying, again, it's been an ongoing occurrence since they got home from the park. "Hey, hey, hey" Liam coos moving closer to the pair and running a hand down her back, frowning when she jumps slightly at the contact, "you're alright Love, no one is ever going to hurt you again" he murmurs. Bella pulls her tear streaked face out of Zayn's chest to look at Liam, "promise?" she whimpers and Zayn and Liam both nod seriously, "promise" they say in unison.

"Why don't we go see what Uncle Louis' doing, then you can come in and sleep with me and Daddy" Zayn murmurs after a few moments, Bella sniffles and nods, while Liam smiles at Zayn and leads the way out of the bedroom and down towards the kitchen. When they get there Liam sighs in relief Louis has made three cups of tea and small cup of hot chocolate for Bella, "thanks Lou" Liam murmurs but Louis waves him away, "it's nothing" he mumbles, picking up one of the mugs and taking a sip. They all stand in the kitchen just quietly sipping their drinks for a moment before Bella whimpers again, burrowing further into Zayn's chest, Liam manages to grab her mug before it slips from her fingers and sets it down on the counter behind him. "What is it Love?" Liam coos as Zayn starts humming and rocking the girl gently, "not safe, mean lady" Bella mumbles and Liam growls, "I'll kill her" Louis mutters and Zayn snorts, "get in line Lou" he mumbles, before returning his attention back to the girl in his arms. Liam smiles, moving to stand behind Zayn and Bella wrapping his arms around them both and nuzzling into Zayn's neck, "do you want to go to bed?" Liam murmurs and Bella sniffles before pulling her face out of Zayn's chest and nods. Liam nods "okay, say goodnight to Uncle Louis and you can come sleep with us" he murmurs. Bella turns her body then, reaching for Louis who smiles and takes her into his arms, hugging her tightly, Liam can't hear what he says to her, but Bella smiles slightly, before nodding seriously at the man. Bella's then diving out of Louis' arms back towards Liam and Zayn, Liam catching her easily and holding her close, "goodnight Lou" they mumble before Liam leads the way up to their room.