Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six

Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six – Liam

"Dada no" Chloe whines and Liam pouts at her, it's been two days since the daycare sent her home sick and she's still not well. "You have to take your medicine, Gorgeous" Liam hums offering her the liquid again. Chloe pouts and swats at his hands in an effort to make him stop. "How does Baba do this?" Liam huffs and Bella giggles as she comes into the kitchen grabbing an apple, "he bribes her with cookies" she offers taking a bite of her apple and trying to leave the room, but Liam stops her. "He what?" Liam asks arching an eyebrow at the five year old, who rolls her eyes playfully at him, "yeah, I heard him last night. He offers her a cookie if she takes it and she opens her mouth" Bella shrugs, taking another bite. "So your father bribes your sister to take her medicine?" he asks still not believing it. Bella giggles "yup" she answers popping the 'p'. "Thanks Princess" Liam hums and Bella shrugs "I don't know why you're surprised he used to bribe me too" she giggles before she runs out of the kitchen again.

Liam watches his oldest daughter go before he shakes his head and turns his focus back to Chloe, "would have been nice for Baba to share that information with me before he left" Liam mutters. "Chloe, Bug, if I give you a cookie will you take your medicine?" Liam asks and is almost shocked at how quickly Chloe nods, opening her mouth for the medicine. Shaking his head Liam quickly squeezes the liquid into his daughter's mouth, her making a face at him before making grabby hands for her cup of juice, which Liam hands over to her. "Dada 'ookie" Chloe insists, nodding her head at him as she points towards the cabinet they keep the treats in. Liam chuckles scooping her into his arms as he moves to grab her a cookie, deciding he should give Bella and Zack one as well. Chloe grins before she drops her head onto his shoulder and takes a bite of the cookie, as Liam moves towards the stairs to go down and find Bella and Zack in the playroom. "Hey, I have cookies, who wants one?" Liam asks. Bella grins reaching up for one from where she's been helping Zack build his train track. "Thanks for your help Princess" Liam hums and Bella grins nodding at him, as Zack jumps to his feet "me too Dada" he cheers making grabby hands at the cookie, which Liam passes over to him.

"When's Baba home?" Bella asks, coming to sit beside Liam on the couch, where Chloe is snuggled into his chest, he and Zayn having noticed she's even more clingy when she's sick. Liam shrugs, pulling out his phone to check the time, Zayn had to go to the school for a staff meeting, even though it was Saturday, leaving Liam alone with the kids which he was more than fine with. "He should be home in about an hour" Liam answers and Bella nods, "why, do you need something?" Liam asks, but Bella shakes her head "no, just miss him" she mumbles. Liam pouts and reaches out a free hand to pull Bella into his chest, "you saw him this morning, and he'll be back soon" he soothes, feeling Bella nod against him. Another thing they've noticed is in the past few weeks Bella has been more clingy with one or the other of them as well, last week it was Liam, this week seeming to be Zayn's turn. "Bel-la play" Zack shouts suddenly and Liam chuckles as Bella pulls away from him to return to her brother on the floor.

**

"Twins get put down okay?" Liam asks as Zayn flops down on the couch beside him, Zayn nods, before he reaches over taking Liam's beer bottle from his hand and taking a sip before he passes it back. "Help yourself" Liam chuckles and Zayn grins "I will, thanks" he says reaching over to take Liam's beer again. "How was everyone today while I was gone?" Zayn asks turning so he could kick his feet into Liam's lap. Liam shrugs reaching down to rub at Zayn's feet, "fine, would have been nice if you told me you bribe our daughter to get her to take her medicine though" he smirks, this being the first chance the pair has been able to talk alone since Zayn got home. Zayn shrugs sipping at Liam's beer, "sorry, but you figured it out"he grins. Liam rolls his eyes shaking his head "yeah after Bella told me" he mutters. Zayn laughs "I thought you knew" he chuckles, making Liam roll his eyes again.