Chapter One Hundred Fifty One

Chapter One Hundred Fifty One – Zayn

Zayn pouts as he eyes the wrapped presents suspiciously. It's now November, and Chloe and Zack's second birthday. Everyone has just arrived for the party to celebrate the toddlers, and Liam is somewhere talking to their guests, leaving Zayn in the room glaring at the presents like it's their fault that his babies are growing up. Zack comes toddling in then a mischievous grin on his face as he approaches the large pile of presents all for him and his twin sister.

"Baba, I open" Zack insists, reaching out for a present, knowing how this works now.

"Don't you dare you Little Monster" Zayn chuckles, scooping Zack up into his arms and away from the presents before he can rip into any of them. "It's not time for presents yet" he adds, blowing a raspberry onto Zack's cheek, making the toddler squeal.

"Mine?" Zack asks head tilting to the side, much like the way Bella always has done. "I open" he adds seriously.

Zayn chuckles, shaking his head and carrying Zack away towards the kitchen where everyone else currently is, "yes they are yours, and you can open them later Bubba" Zayn explains patiently to the boy.

Zack huffs, pouting at Zayn before he struggles in his Baba's arms wanting to be set down, once Zayn sets his feet on the floor Zack beelines for Liam, reaching up towards him with a whine "Daddy up" Zack whimpers.

Liam looks confused for half a second before he bends down to pull the two year old into his arms, and Zayn rolls his eyes when Zack glares in his direction before dropping his head onto Liam's shoulder. "What's up Bubba?" Liam asks, confused by the interaction, Zack has never been a cuddler, except for with Louis.

"Baba mean" Zack says quietly and Zayn rolls his eyes again, "no open. They mine" Zack adds with a huff.

Liam furrows his eyebrows glancing towards Zayn who shakes his head and wraps an arm around Bella when she appears to lean against him, "he's mad because I won't let him open his presents just yet" Zayn offers, seeing as Liam understands and his husband shakes his head at the toddler in his arms.

"We can't open presents yet Zack, Aunt Doniya isn't here yet" Bella offers, helpfully before she turns in Zayn's hold to press her face into his stomach.

"You okay, Boo?" Zayn asks, already moving his hands around to feel her forehead, sighing in relief when she's not feverish.

Bella hums, burrowing further into Zayn "just tired Baba" she mumbles, before yawning widely as if to prove her point.

Zayn pouts, bending down to press a kiss to his oldest baby's head, "how late did you and Kenzie stay up at Auntie Ruth's last night?" he asks knowingly, "you can go lay down if you need to Boo, Daddy or I will come and get you for cake and presents" Zayn adds.

Bella huffs, "not that late Baba" she mutters "don't wanna nap, 'm not a baby" Bella adds with a huff, before she yawns again.

Zayn chuckles fondly, "I never said you were a baby, but hey even me and Daddy nap sometimes. Why don't you go rest for a little bit and then you can enjoy your brother and sister's party even more" he offers, as Bella burrows further into his stomach.

Bella's about to protest again Zayn can tell, before Niall approaches from where he was standing talking to Ruth about something, "hey Bella what if I come take a nap with you?" Niall asks, clearly having heard Zayn and Bella's conversation. "Uncle Josh wouldn't turn the TV off last night so I didn't get much sleep" he adds with a grin.

Zayn is grateful for Niall who since their trip together has become Bella's favourite Uncle, a fact that has made Louis pout more times than anybody can count. "Okay" Bella mumbles through a yawn pulling away from Zayn and silently reaching out for Niall, who grins as he scoops her into his arms.

"Thank you" Zayn murmurs as Niall passes him towards the stairs, Bella already almost asleep against his shoulder, but Niall just waves Zayn off with a grin before he's gone from view.

"Baba!" Chloe shouts suddenly, pulling on Zayn's shirt, "up" she adds with a grin, reaching for him.

Zayn complies quickly, pressing a noisy, wet kiss to her chubby cheek. "What can I do for you Birthday Girl?" he asks, once she's successfully pushed him away from kissing her.

Chloe grins, her arms around Zayn's neck as the fingers from one hand start playing with the hair on the back of his head, "need cuddle" she says simply her head dropping to his shoulder.

Zayn smiles fondly, glancing across the kitchen to where Zack is now actually climbing up Liam's side, "I'm always up for a cuddle" he hums, laughing when Louis appears from nowhere and pulls an unsuspecting Zack off of Liam into his own arms, tossing the toddler in the air before he catches him in his arms, Zack letting out a squeal before he dissolves into giggles and demands his favourite Uncle do it again.

**

The mess is bigger than any mess Zayn remembers having before, there's wrapping paper littering every inch of the floor, and piles of toys, books and clothes, both in and out of boxes filling one corner of the living room. The party was great with everyone spoiling the twins completely. Arms suddenly wrapping around his waist make Zayn jump, before Liam chuckles right in his ear, the sound sending shivers through Zayn's whole body.

"Leave the mess Zee, we'll get it tomorrow" Liam hums pressing a kiss just below Zayn's ear, "your sister and my sister want us to come to the playroom, apparently the kids have something for us" he adds pulling away and catching Zayn's hand in his own.

Zayn allows himself to be lead down into the basement by Liam, he jumps slightly making his husband laugh, again, when there's a thump coming out of the playroom.

"Happy Anniversary Daddy and Baba!" Bella cheers jumping through the doorway of the playroom, startling both Zayn and Liam as she thrusts a homemade card towards Zayn's face.

"Thanks Boo" Zayn murmurs, taking the paper to see a messily drawn picture of what is clearly himself and Liam, with a big red heart drawn between them, a big number 2 written inside of the heart. Zayn smiles softly as he opens the card to see Bella's carefully written words scrawled across the inside, wishing them a happy second anniversary and telling them how much she loves her daddy and baba.

Zack comes running next breaking free of Louis who Zayn has just realized is still there with Harry, Niall and Josh as well. "Baba, mine. Mine" Zack exclaims jumping in front of where Zayn has leaned back against Liam's chest, and practically throwing the paper he's holding into Zayn's face.

"Did you make us a card too, Bubba?" Liam asks, plucking the paper out of Zayn's hands, making Zayn pout and turn to look at Zack's paper, it's just a big blue scribble, and someone, probably Doniya, judging by the writing, has written Zack's name on the bottom.

"It's beautiful Zack Attack. Thank you" Zayn coos, dropping to his knees to pull the toddler into a hug, Liam scooping him into a hug as soon as Zayn lets go, before Zack squirms away running back towards Louis and Harry as soon as he's free.

Doniya steps forwards next with a sleepy looking Chloe in her arms, Chloe clutching onto a piece of paper as well, "what ya got Tiny Dancer?" Zayn hums, as Chloe passes over the paper.

"Picture. Love Baba. Love Daddy" Chloe mumbles, dropping her head to her aunt's shoulder as soon as Zayn takes the paper and presses a kiss to her chubby cheek.

Chloe's picture is similar to Zack's, it being a mostly green scribble, with a few random pink patches on it as well. Once again someone has written Chloe's name for her on the bottom. "This is beautiful" Zayn grins, passing it over his shoulder to Liam, who takes it and hums his appreciation.

"We love them all, thank you" Zayn murmurs, feeling tears threatening in his eyes. Liam had taken him out for dinner the night before (their actual wedding anniversary), it's why Arabella had spent the night with Kenzie at Ruth's. While Louis and Harry had volunteered to stay at the house with Zack and Chloe. Liam always spoils Zayn any chance he can get, but Zayn never expected this, didn't expect his sister and sister in law to get the kids to make them cards and surprise them like this, after the chaos of the birthday party. But if he's being honest with himself it makes his heart feel full and happy and leaves him wondering, not for the first time, how did we end up here?