Chapter Ten

ChapterTen - Liam

Liam frowns as he pulls up in front of Zayn's apartment building, it's ten minutes after six, and he feels bad for being later than he said he would be. It's not his fault,really, a new client showed up just as he was packing up to leave,asking questions about his contract, Liam answered most of them,before politely suggesting they set up a proper meeting with Niall the next day. Thankfully the client had agreed and Liam has never left the office so fast in his life. He sent Zayn a text as he was leaving that he would be a few minutes later than he planned, but he still feels bad. Liam locks his car and quickly makes his way into the building, humming to himself while he waits for the elevator,when the doors open Zayn's friend Louis steps off and smirks at Liam,"have a good night" Louis chirps before he disappears outside.Liam shakes his head and gets on the elevator pressing the button for Zayn's floor, once the doors open again Liam heads down the hall to Zayn's door. He knocks lightly, but loud enough to be heard, he doesn't hear Arabella's excited shrieking this time, and wonders if she knows he's coming over tonight. Zayn opens the door a minute later, dressed all in black and Liam bites his lip, because he looks good, better than good actually, and Liam's mind is starting to wander, "hey, sorry I'm late" he manages not to stutter, but Zayn waves him away. "You're hardly late Li, c'mon in" Zayn assures him, stepping aside to let Liam walk in, Liam can tell from the doorway that Zayn's been cleaning today, and the apartment smells amazing. Liam smiles at Zayn as he toes off his shoes, "you look nice" he murmurs, pulling Zayn into his arms for a hug, Zayn grins"thanks, so do you" he answers tugging gently on Liam's tie,which he had meant to take off. Liam groans "sorry, came straight from work" he mumbles and Zayn laughs, stepping out of his arms,which Liam pouts at, "no, I like you in a suit" Zayn murmurs, and Liam blushes.

They make it to the living room and there's still no sign of the energetic two year old, Liam looks around confused before turning to Zayn, "where's Bella?" he asks slowly. Zayn chuckles and points towards the bedrooms, "she's in her room, playing, doesn't know you're here, or coming at all" he explains, Liam nods slowly eyes scanning around the room, taking in all the framed pictures he didn't notice the first time he was here.There's suddenly footsteps running towards them "Baba, I can't find Bunny" Bella pouts, and Liam watches as she notices he's there, her eyes widen and a huge grin spreads across her face, before she looks to Zayn who nods, and she launches herself at Liam. Liam catches her mid jump and hugs her tightly while he laughs, "Leeyum why here?"she asks cocking her head, dark curls falling into her eyes slightly.Liam smiles and brushes the hair away gently, "your Baba invited me for dinner, and I came to see you" he teases, bopping her nose lightly, Arabella scrunches it up and giggles, squirming to get down.Liam sets her down and watches amused as she marches over to Zayn,pointing a tiny, accusing finger at him, "why not tell Bella?"she demands, gesturing back at Liam. Zayn smirks at his daughter before arching an eyebrow at her, "it was a surprise, do you like it?" he asks slowly, Bella chews her lip for a minute before nodding and throwing herself at Zayn to hug him, "thanks, Baba"she mumbles against his knees, before she runs out of the room again.

"Where did she go?" Liam asks confused, scrunching his eyebrows as he watches where she ran off to,Zayn shakes his head, stepping closer to Liam, "no idea" he murmurs, wrapping his arms around Liam's waist, and resting his head on his chest. Liam feels his own heart stutter at Zayn's actions, and figures the younger can feel it under his ear as well, "is it completely insane that I missed you?" Zayn asks his voice muffled by the fabric of Liam's shirt. Liam rubs his back gently, and shakes his head, smiling fondly at the boy in his arms "not at all,because I missed you too" he murmurs, hearing Zayn sigh contently.Their moment is broken a few seconds later by Bella running back into the room and pushing herself in between them. Once she's pushed Zayn back enough she can wrap her arms around Liam, she turns her head to glare at Zayn, "Baba no. My Leeyum" she states shaking her head at him, before turning back to Liam. Zayn barks out a laugh and shakes his head, as Liam scoops the toddler into his arms, "okay,sorry, you and your Liam get comfortable, dinner will be ready in ten minutes" Zayn chuckles, before turning to leave the room. "Zayn wait" Liam calls, because this will be the first time he's alone with Bella, and sure Zayn's just in the next room, but he wants to make sure the younger man is truly okay with this. Zayn arches his eyebrow at Liam, a silent question on his face, "you sure?" is all Liam says and Zayn's face changes to understanding, before he nods his head, "yeah, I'm just gonna be in the kitchen Li, yell if you need me" he says before he disappears around the corner.