Chapter One Hundred One

Chapter One Hundred One – Zayn

Zayn frowns it's been two days since Liam told him and Bella that he had to leave for awhile on business, and Bella still hasn't spoken to him since she ran up to her room. She'll talk to Zayn and even chatters away to the twins, but as soon as Liam comes into a room she huffs and refuses to look at, or speak to him. Zayn knows it's wearing on Liam, he can tell just from the look in his husband's eyes every time Bella ignores him or dodges him when he tries to give her a hug. Zayn can also see where the three year old is coming from, he understands she's worried that Liam's leaving and he'll never be back, but she's going to be even more sad on the day he leaves if she doesn't cuddle with him now. It's very reminiscent of the first time Liam went away on business, after they started dating, that time Bella did come around again at the airport, but Zayn knows he needs to get her talking to Liam again before that for both Liam and Bella.

"Zayn have you seen my phone?" Liam asks coming into the kitchen where Zayn's making dinner as he thinks of a way to make his daughter talk to his husband, Zayn shakes his head, "not since this morning" he answers slowly. Liam curses under his breath and Zayn shakes his head "what time are Louis and Harry coming?" Liam asks and Zayn shrugs, "probably in the next half hour" he answers. Liam nods, before pressing a kiss to Zayn's cheek, "smells good" he hums before he leaves as quickly as he arrived, no doubt still looking for his phone. Bella runs into the kitchen almost as soon as Liam leaves "Baba when Uncle Louis and Uncle Harry come?" she asks bouncing on the spot. Zayn chuckles there's no doubt she's excited to see his best friends, he knows how much she still misses seeing Louis every day. "Soon Boo. Have you seen Daddy's phone?" Zayn asks. Bella bites her lip and avoids Zayn's eyes as she shakes her head no at him, "Arabella, if you've seen Daddy's phone you need to tell me" Zayn warns turning away from the stove to arch an eyebrow at the almost four year old, lately while she's not talking to Liam, Bella has been hiding things that she knows Liam won't leave without. "In playroom Baba" Bella mumbles after a minute and Zayn nods, "can you go get it please?" Zayn asks and Bella pouts but runs off out of the room and he can hear her thumping down into the basement a moment later.

Zayn's still making dinner when he hears the doorbell ringing repeatedly, he rolls his eyes as he knows it's Louis and Harry, "Li can you get the door please?" Zayn calls. "On it" Liam calls back and Zayn hears him moving towards the door, just as Bella runs into the kitchen, dropping Liam's phone onto the counter before she dashes out of the room again. Zayn sighs before he hears footsteps behind him and feels a hand on his shoulder, "Zaynie" Louis coos and Zayn rolls his eyes at his best friend "hey Lou" he mumbles. "Okay what's going on?" Louis demands and Zayn sighs, is he really being that obvious, or does Louis just know him that well? "Bella's still not talking to Liam, and I need to get her to before he leaves" Zayn mumbles turning to look at Louis who arches an eyebrow at him, "she's doing that again?" he asks and Zayn just nods. "Yup, plus she's hiding Liam's stuff from him, trying to prevent him from leaving" he adds. Louis hums "that's a tough one Zee" he murmurs, "thanks Louis" Zayn grumbles making the other laugh loudly. Harry comes into the kitchen then with Bella on his back, "where's Liam?" Zayn asks, Bella just shakes her head, "he went to check on the twins" Harry answers and Zayn nods moving to stir something on the stove. "It smells really good Zayn" Harry offers, as Louis pulls Bella off of his back and into his own arms, cuddling the girl close. "Miss Uncle Louis" Bella hums, snuggling more into Louis' neck and Zayn thinks his best friend might melt right there.

Liam comes in carrying both babies in his arms and Harry lets out the strangest sound Zayn's ever heard, before he's taking Zack from Liam's arms and cuddling him close, all while cooing. "Do you need any help?" Liam asks, and Zayn shakes his head, "no I'm almost done, why don't you go relax with the babies" he murmurs leaning over to kiss Liam's lips, before he bends further and kisses Chloe's head. Harry follows Liam out of the room after that and Zayn turns to see Louis watching Bella, while Bella watches after Liam, a longing look on her face. "Do you mind if I talk to her?" Louis asks quietly and Zayn shakes his head no, "go for it Lou" he murmurs and Louis grins before he drops to his bum on the kitchen floor.