Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six – Liam

Liam wakes up Monday morning to find Zayn not in bed, he frowns and swings his legs over the side of the bed, to go and find his boyfriend. It doesn't take him long as Zayn comes walking out of Bella's room as Liam enters the hallway a frown on his face, as he mumbles to himself.  "Everything okay?" he asks gently, and Zayn jumps, turning to face him, "not really, no" he answers stepping into Liam's outstretched arms. "Why, what's wrong" Liam hums and Zayn sighs, "Bella is most definitely sick, she's running a fever now, and I can't stay with her, I have to go to school and hand in a few assignments, and I have a test today" he mumbles. Liam frowns, pressing a kiss to Zayn's head, "I'll stay home with her" he shrugs, and Zayn blinks up at him, obviously confused, "you don't have to do that Li, I can still take her to my mum's and I'll just try to be home early" Zayn mumbles. Liam sighs shaking his head "or, I could just call Niall and tell him I'm working from home today" he counters. Zayn looks undecided and Liam pulls him a little closer, "I know you don't like leaving her, when she's sick, and I also know you can't miss school today. Yes you could still take her to your mum's but I know you don't want to do that either. So let me stay with her" he explains. Zayn sighs, seemingly giving in, "you sure?" he asks looking up at Liam through his eyelashes, Liam nods "yes I'm sure, how bad can it be?" he asks. Zayn laughs at that, "sick toddler, yeah you're right not bad at all" he chuckles and Liam makes a face, "go get ready for school, I'll call Ni" he croons, pushing Zayn lightly towards the bedroom.

The phone rings four times before it's answered and Liam is considering hanging up and just calling Nikki, to let Niall know for him, "...hello?" Niall asks, Irish accent thick with sleep. Liam chuckles, "sleeping in?" he asks, and Niall groans,  "no,I was just being lazy, it's Monday after all" he counters. Liam chuckles "true enough" he laughs. "So why are you phoning me Li?" Niall asks, and Liam sighs "I'm not coming into the office today, Bella's sick and Zayn can't miss classes today" he explains. Niall yawns before answering, "alright,take care of her, I hope she feels better. There's nothing major going on today anyways, I'll call ya if I need to" he says. Liam sighs in relief, "thanks Ni, you're the best, lunch is on me tomorrow" he rushes. Niall laughs, "I'll always accept free lunch, but you don't have to Li, I get it, your little girl needs you" he chuckles. Liam feels his heart warm at Niall calling Bella his, but clears his throat "thanks Niall, I'll talk to you later" he reasons and Niall laughs, "yeah, see ya Li" he answers, before hanging up. Liam hangs up and is tucking the phone back into his pocket as he walks into the bedroom to see Zayn hanging up his own phone. "Mum says good luck, and just call her if you need anything" Zayn says, leaning up against Liam, Liam chuckles wrapping his arms around him, "we'll be fine, anything I need to know?" he asks. Zayn shrugs, "She's going to be super cuddly, when she's awake, and sleeping a lot, her medicine is in the bathroom cabinet, other than that, you know Bella" he explains. Liam chuckles nodding, "alright" he nods, as Zayn shimmies away, "I'm gonna go say goodbye to her, and then I'll be on my way" he murmurs reaching up on his toes to kiss Liam's cheek, "thank you" he mumbles when he pulls back. Liam chuckles trapping Zayn with his arms, and kissing his lips, "no need to thank me" he murmurs, kissing Zayn again. Zayn grins, biting his lip, "I'll try to be home early, Talia's taking my shift tonight" he murmurs, and Liam nods, "we'll be fine" he assures him, as Zayn heads back out into the hall.

The morning starts off fine, Bella slipping back into sleep after Zayn left, and Liam disappears into his office to get some work done while she does, wanting to be able to devote his attention to the sick toddler when she is awake. Liam's in the middle of sending some files to Nikki to have Niall check them over, and let him know if they need to be tweaked in any way, when he hears it. There's a thump followed by a loud cry, he's on his feet before he even thinks about it, rushing down the hall to Bella's room. When he bursts through the door she's sitting on the floor wailing pitifully, "oh Princess, did you roll out of bed?" he murmurs, stepping closer. Bella sniffles reaching out to him, "want Baba" she whimpers and Liam sighs, he expected this, if he's being honest, "Baba's at school, love. He'll be back as soon as he can" Liam murmurs, pulling her into his arms. Bella pouts but snuggles into Liam's neck, "Daddy" she whines, "I'm right here, Love" Liam coos, frowning when he feels how warm Bella is against his neck, "want Baba" she mutters again. Liam sighs, cuddling the girl close as he leans down to grab her blankets and favourite stuffed bunny, "I know, how about you and I go watch a movie?" he asks, carefully making his way from the room. Liam heads into the living room and moves to set Bella down on the couch while he finds something to watch, what he doesn't expect is for her to start crying again, and cling tightly to him, "no Daddy, no leave Bella" she whimpers. "I'm just trying to put on your movie, Love" Liam reasons, but Bella shakes her head clinging onto him, sighing Liam sets down the blankets and carries Bella towards the TV to find a movie.