Chapter One Hundred Thirty Three

Chapter One Hundred Thirty Three – Zayn

Zayn looks behind him to see Bella chewing on her lip as they pull into the parking lot to drop the twins off before they head over to talk to her teacher. "Alright Bella-Bug do you want to come with me to drop Zack and Chloe off?" Zayn asks quietly. Bella shakes her head no at him "no thanks Baba. But can Daddy take them, and you stay in the car?" she mumbles. Liam pouts from the driver's seat, he's taken part of the morning off to be able to come to school, and Zayn shrugs, "sure thing Boo" Zayn hums and Bella half smiles as Liam unbuckles his seatbelt, to get out of the car. "Bye bye" Zack calls as Liam lifts him out of his seat, Chloe just waving at Zayn and Bella, when Liam picks her up as well. Zayn watches Liam walk towards the building until he's reached the doors before he turns in his seat to look at Bella, who's just kicking the bottom of the seat in front of her.

"Arabella?" Zayn asks gently and she looks up at him through her eyelashes, "you know that you're going to be okay, right?" Zayn asks Bella just biting her lip as she shrugs, "Daddy and I will take care of this okay?" Zayn adds. Bella looks like she's about to say something but instead she just nods her head at him, "after we talk to your teacher she'll be able to keep an eye out for him bothering you some more and hopefully it all stops" Zayn continues in an effort to get his oldest to talk. Bella just nods again and Liam is opening the driver's door and climbing back into the car, "are we ready?" he asks. Zayn frowns reaching back to pat Bella's knee and she nods slowly at the two men, "yeah let's go" Zayn says slowly. Liam nods and puts the car into drive to switch to Bella's school. It's only two minutes later that Liam's parking the car and he and Zayn are unbuckling their own seat belts. Zayn moves around to Bella's door waiting for the five year old to grab her bag and climb out of the car, he offers her his hand, which she takes and Zayn notices she squeezes his hand tightly in her own. It's so obvious she's nervous and Zayn just hopes this all goes smoothly and they can get this kid to stop bothering her.

Liam checks them in at the office and the receptionist whose name Zayn can never remember directs them to take a visitor's tag and head down to Bella's classroom, Mrs. Arrow should be expecting them as Liam had emailed her the night before. "Thank you" Zayn hums to the receptionist who nods and smiles at him before she looks to Bella, "have a good day sweetheart" she chimes and Bella half smiles at her before she squeezes Zayn's hand again. They arrive at the happily decorated classroom moments later, and Liam stops before they enter the room turning to crouch down in front of Bella. Zayn watches with fond eyes as Liam pulls her into his arms kissing her forehead, "I know you're scared Princess, but we'll take care of everything, promise" he hums. Bella smiles hugging Liam back, before she pulls away and grabs Zayn's hand again. "You ready?" Zayn asks, Bella nods hesitantly and Liam knocks on the open classroom door.

Mrs. Arrow turns from where she was setting something up on one of the tables "good morning, right on time I see" she smiles, "and hello Bella, did you have a good night" she adds. Bella frowns "morning. Uncle Louis and Uncle Harry came over" she answers and Mrs. Arrow smiles again, "that sounds lovely" she says, before turning more towards Zayn and Liam. "I wish I had larger chairs to offer you, but I unfortunately only have these, please, come sit" Mrs.Arrow offers, gesturing to where she's set up a few of the child sized chairs so they can talk. "Why don't you go play for a few minutes Boo" Zayn whispers to Bella who's still holding his hand in hers, Bella bites her lip but nods as she moves towards the carpet and starts playing with some toys. Zayn takes a seat beside Liam, once he's sure Bella is content and Mrs. Arrow looks at them both expectantly.

"Alright Mr. Malik-Payne, your email said we needed to talk but you never said what about. What can I help you with?" Mrs. Arrow asks. Liam frowns, "please call me Liam" he mumbles and she smiles, "sorry Liam, Zayn, what can I do for you gentlemen?" she asks. Zayn looks quickly over his shoulder at Bella before he looks back at the teacher. "There's a boy in your class that has been picking on Bella" Zayn starts. Mrs. Arrow raises her eyebrows "I can assure you I have never noticed anything, but what has been happening?" she asks. Zayn frowns, and nods his head "he tells her that he wishes all of our family would die, that my husband and I are wrong and bad because two men can't be together the way we are" he continues. Mrs. Arrow gasps, "well that is unacceptable, has she said who it is?" she asks and Zayn and Liam both shake their heads no. "She didn't tell us his name just what he said, and when our nephew asked him to stop on the playground he pushed Mason and continued" Liam explains. Mrs. Arrow nods as she makes a few notes, "I promise you I want my class and this school to be a safe place for all the children, I will do everything to ensure this behaviour stops" she swears.