Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One – Zayn

"Bella, you need to stay with Baba" Zayn warns as he unbuckles her from the car seat in Liam's car which he's been driving all week while he's been away at Liam's request. Bella bats her eyelashes at him "but Daddy back" she grins, bouncing in her seat, and Zayn chuckles, "yes Daddy will be back soon" he says, pulling her into his arms. "No walk" Bella whines, squirming until Zayn sets her on her feet, his large hand wrapping around her smaller one, "if you walk you need to hold my hand, okay?" Zayn warns, Bella nods "yes Baba" she says. Zayn shakes his head and makes his way slowly into the airport, it's been just over a week and Liam's flight is scheduled to land in the next twenty minutes, he's off for the next week at Liam's request, and picking him up from the airport. Zayn was going to leave Bella with his mum, but once she found out where he was going, and who he was going to get, she refused to stay, insisting she needed to come with Zayn.

Zayn grips tightly to Arabella's hand as he scans the arrivals board to find the right gate for Liam's flight, once he's got his bearings he head towards arrivals to wait for his boyfriend. Zayn didn't realize how much he was going to miss Liam this past week, and Bella too. Liam had worked his way into their lives and hearts, rather quickly, becoming a part of their family and things just felt strange when he was gone. Even though Zayn doesn't see him everyday when he's home, he knows Liam's only a phone call and short drive away. But this last week, he's been on the other side of the planet, completely out of reach, and Zayn didn't really like that. "Baba, where Daddy?" Bella whines, tugging on his hand, Zayn sighs sitting on one of the airport chairs and pulling her into his lap, "Daddy's still on the airplane, baby. But we'll see him really soon" he soothes. Bella cocks her head to look at him "give picture?" she asks and Zayn laughs, "yes, you can give him your picture" he chuckles bopping her nose lightly, which makes her scrunch it up.

It takes about forty five minutes before Zayn sees people beginning to trickle out of the arrivals gate, all looking tired and travel weary. He scans them all for his muscular, business man boyfriend, biting his lip when he spots him and Niall both walking slowly out. Bella must see him too because she starts bouncing on Zayn's lap and pointing towards the pair. "I see them baby girl, just let him get closer, okay?" Zayn murmurs, Bella huffs but doesn't move off his lap so Zayn knows she understands. Zayn waits until Liam is free from the crowd of people, and relatively close before he pats Bella's leg gently, leaning down "go get him" he whispers in her ear. Bella grins and jumps off his lap, running the few steps to collide with Liam's legs, all while calling "Daddy" loudly. Liam grins and crouches down as soon as he hears Bella's voice, catching her in his arms instead of letting her wrap around his legs. Zayn watches as Bella buries her face into Liam's neck, squeezing as tightly as her little arms can, before he moves to be closer to the pair, "hey" he murmurs, once he's close. Liam smiles and holds one arm out towards Zayn, the other still supporting Bella in his arms, although Zayn's fairly certain she's wrapped herself tightly enough around Liam, she is in no danger of falling. Zayn lets himself be pulled into the hug, snuggling into Liam's side, as Bella burrows further into Liam's neck "missed Daddy, love Daddy" she mumbles repeatedly. Liam presses a kiss to both Bella's head and Zayn's temple "I missed you too" he murmurs squeezing them both tightly.

Liam insists Zayn drive them home again, because he's too tired, and the car is quiet except for Bella's excited chatter as she fills Liam in on everything he's missed while away. Liam reaches over and grabs Zayn's hand, intertwining their fingers, "I really missed you" he mumbles, Zayn turns to look at him slightly, noticing how tired he looks, "I missed you too" Zayn answers, eyes darting back to the road. "Daddy, what you bring Bella?" Bella asks suddenly, which makes Liam chuckle and Zayn groan, "Bella, that's rude, we've talked about this" he scolds gently, eyes darting to see the toddler in the rear view mirror. She pouts at him, "I just askin' Baba" she whines and Zayn shakes his head, "it's fine Zee" Liam soothes squeezing the hand he's still holding. Zayn feels himself relaxing at the action "I did bring you something, but you can't have it until we're at your house, okay?" Liam asks, turning in his seat to see Bella. Zayn watches as she sighs but nods her head slowly at Liam, before he directs his full attention back to the road.