Chapter One Hundred Fourteen

Chapter One Hundred Fourteen – Liam

Liam laughs as he hears Zayn calling Bella again, Louis and Harry are coming over today and want to ask Bella if she'll be their flower girl. The couple had already asked Liam and Zayn what they thought about it, both men agreeing to it, Zayn insisting that Bella will do anything for Uncle Louis. It's been two months since the day the twins started teething and Zack decided he could sit up, and in that two months Zack has managed to cut two teeth, while Chloe only has one, but Liam is pretty sure she's working on another one, given how miserable she's been for the last week. Chloe has also started sitting up, about two days after her brother, the same thing happened, Liam sat her up in front of him, and she had just stayed, Zayn of course had cried, while Bella cheered both her little brother and sister on, because sitting is one step closer to playing. Liam's pretty sure that Zack at least, is about ready to crawl, the boy always trying to get his hands and knees underneath himself to chase after Aurora, and Bella, and almost anything that moves if he's honest. Chloe doesn't seem to share Zack's need to be moving, but Liam knows as soon as Zack's mobile his twin won't be far behind him.

Liam sends the email to his travel agent confirming the last minute details to his and Zayn's trip, which they are supposed to leave for in two weeks, and Liam only hopes that if Zack does start to crawl it's either before they leave, or after they're home. Trisha agreed to staying at their house with all three kids, as Liam's mum has her hands full with his dad, who although he seems to be getting better, still needs her help. But Karen had assured her son that she planned on coming to visit Trisha and her grandbabies often while they were gone. "Bella you need to clean this up, Uncle Louis is coming to see you!" Zayn calls again and Liam chuckles, his husband sounds exasperated and rightfully so, Bella's basically been ignoring him since they told her a couple weeks ago that both of them were going away without her for a few days. 

Sighing Liam leaves his desk heading up the stairs to find the twins both sitting on a playmat in the living room, random toys all around them, Zack squealing when he lays eyes on his daddy, and dropping his hands to the floor, struggling to get his knees to cooperate. Liam watches in awe as Zack manages to get his knees underneath himself and pushes himself up, pulling out his phone Liam hits record, and quickly calls Zayn. Zayn makes it to the room just as Zack starts to actually succeed in moving, slowly towards Liam, Chloe squeals from where she's still sitting, watching her brother. "Is he?" Zayn asks and Liam nods "come on then Zack, come to Daddy" he coos as Zack continues towards him, Liam closes the last few steps between him and his son, scooping the happy boy into his arms. "You did it Zack Attack" Liam cheers kissing his cheek, and Zack grins at him happily before snuggling into Liam's chest.

Zayn scoops Chloe into his arms, bringing her over to Liam, "I guess we need to put up those baby gates, huh?" Zayn asks and Liam chuckles, leaning over to kiss Zayn and then Chloe's cheek, when she whines in protest at him. "Yeah, I don't think we want this little man taking a fall down the stairs" Liam answers just as Bella runs into the room and tugs on Liam's jeans. "Daddy?" she asks and Liam crouches down to be at her level, "Uncle Louis' comin'" she says and Liam nods. "He is, but did you clean up like Baba asked you to?" he asks and Bella avoids his gaze, giving him his answer, "you need to do what Baba says Arabella" Liam scolds. Bella pouts but shakes her head, "Baba's leaving" she mutters and Liam hears Zayn sigh before his younger husband takes Zack from his arms and carries the twins out of the room. Liam raises an eyebrow at Bella and sits down on the hardwood floor, pulling her into his lap, "I'm leaving too Bella, and Baba and I will only be gone for one week and then we'll be home to play with you" he explains. Bella shakes her head at him, "but Baba never leaves" she whimpers and suddenly it all makes sense. Liam's been away on business several time since he's been in Bella's life, but the longest Zayn has ever been away from her is one night, and even then he was still just at home if she needed him.