Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve – Liam

Liam frowns as he hangs up his phone after talking to his mum for almost an hour, his dad is having a bad spell and his mum wants everyone to come for another barbecue. Which is fine it really is, except that she wants him to bring Zayn, and Bella. Which Liam isn't so sure about, it's been three weeks since the day he spent with Bella because Zayn was sick, which means it's been about a month since he and Zayn started dating. Liam's worried it's way too soon and he'll end up scaring Zayn away, well not so much him as his sisters and their children. He's massaging his temples when the door to his office opens "Liam? I have those contracts you asked...are you okay?" Elise trails off to ask him, Liam looks up to see her concerned expression. "Yeah, I just. Can I ask you something?" he asks his assistant, watching as she nods, setting a stack of folders on his desk. Liam smiles gratefully,"first thanks for these" he mumbles, but Elise waves him away,"is a month too soon to meet the other's parents in a relationship?" Liam asks quickly. Elise laughs and shakes her head,"no I don't think so, I mean not if you know it's gonna last, anyways" she shrugs, Liam bites his lip. Because the thing is he knows it's going to work with Zayn, it has to, because he can't picture his life without him, or Arabella, and he doesn't want to have to. Liam shakes his head, to clear his thoughts "thanks Elise,you can clock out early today if you want. I'm probably going to leave soon anyway" he says, and the girl grins, "sure thing"she giggles as she leaves the office, shutting the door behind her.

Liam groans when Niall bounds into his office a few minutes later, "Nikki tells me you were askin' Elise about Zayn meeting your parents" he crows, and Liam rolls his eyes."Mum wants to meet him, and Bella. Wants me to bring them to lunch this weekend" he grumbles, and Niall laughs, "well you are gone for him, and that little girl, it won't be too bad" he attempts but Liam sighs. Liam knows it won't be, and he loves his family and realistically knows Zayn will have to meet them eventually, but he's not sure he's ready himself, to share Zayn with his family, he just let Niall meet him last week. Niall resting a hand on Liam's shoulder makes him jump and Niall cackle, "just ask Zayn, yeah? And see what happens from there. Then talk to your brother's in law, and make sure they keep your sisters in check" he teases and Liam rolls his eyes, although that is a good idea. They're quiet for a minute before Niall speaks again, "I sent Nikki out early too, figured if you're begging off early I can too" he says before his face changes and he looks Liam in the eyes, "how's your old man?" he asks. Liam shrugs, because he's the same, "same as always Ni" he mumbles in response, and Niall nods patting his shoulder before he leaves Liam alone with his thoughts in his office.

Just over an hour later and Liam's standing outside Zayn's door, he's nervous, because he's worried about how Zayn will react to meeting his family. He knocks gently, chuckling quietly when he hears Bella cheer, "I get it" she calls, followed by running footsteps and both Zayn and Louis shouting "no!". The door opens and Liam chuckles as he sees Bella pouting behind Zayn who's attempting to get his shoe off, "Liam, hey! I didn't know you were coming over today" Zayn murmurs as Bella squeals and jumps out from behind Zayn into Liam's arms. Liam chuckles catching the toddler and lifting her up, pretending she's too heavy as he does, making her giggle loudly, "yeah, we finished early and I wanted to ask you something. And I missed you" Liam answers honestly. Zayn frowns but nods his head, and gestures for Liam to come further into the apartment. Liam follows Zayn into the living room where he sets a squirming Bella down, and she runs away, Louis looks up from the papers he's reading, "hey Liam" he waves before directing his attention back to what Liam now realizes is a script. "I missed you too, by the way" Zayn murmurs as he sits down, pulling Liam down beside him and pressing a kiss to his lips. Liam whines because Zayn's gone before he can even react, and the kiss wasn't long enough for him at all, especially considering he hasn't seen Zayn since Monday, and it's now Friday.