Chapter One Hundred Thirty Two

Chapter One Hundred Thirty Two – Liam

"Honey I'm home" Liam calls out as he walks through the door connecting the garage into the kitchen. It's been three weeks since they started their new routine, and everyone seems to be settling in. For the first week Zack and Chloe fell asleep every night during dinner, being so tired from being active all day long. Zayn spends more time down in his office now, after the kids are in bed figuring out lesson plans and marking assignments. Bella is five now and that thought makes Liam pout, she seems like such a grown up, bringing home books for her to read every night from school. "Dada" Liam hears looking down to see Zack coming towards him "hey Bubba, you have a good day?" Liam asks dropping his briefcase and scooping the fifteen month old into his arms. Zack just nods dropping his head onto Liam's shoulder with a content sigh. That's another thing, although he's still defiant and a troublemaker, since everyone settled into the new routine Zack is slightly less so, preferring to just play with his Daddy and Baba more often than disobey them, which Liam is very grateful for. "I missed you today Bubba" Liam hums, kissing the boy's hair.

"Where's Baba?" Liam asks as he starts to walk through the house, usually everyone is in the kitchen when he gets home, so today he's confused. Zack shakes his head "no" he answers and Liam chuckles, "not entirely helpful Zack Attack" he laughs continuing into the living room. "Hey" Zayn calls from where he's sprawled on the the floor, both Chloe and Bella on top of him. "What are we doing?" Liam asks, setting a squirming Zack down on the floor and laughing as he moves to join his sisters. "I'm honestly not sure what we're doing" Zayn laughs as Zack climbs on top of his legs. "Baba stuck" Chloe cheers as she reaches out to pat Zayn's cheek, but it looks more like a slap, across the face to Liam, and from Zayn's wince, felt like it too. "Chloe, we don't hit" Liam warns, arching an eyebrow at the toddler, who frowns and leans down to kiss Zayn's cheek.

"Do you want me to start dinner?" Liam asks and Zayn shakes his head as best he can from underneath all three of their children. "No, Louis and Harry are bringing dinner, should be here any minute actually" Zayn explains. Liam makes a confused face before he nods and turns to leave the room, "I'm gonna go get changed" he says before heading upstairs to get out of his suit. Liam quickly changes into sweatpants and a loose fitting t-shirt, before running a hand through his hair to mess it up a little. Once he's satisfied he leaves his and Zayn's room to head back downstairs, where he's met in the kitchen by Harry unloading a few bags on the counter. "Hey Harry, need help?" he asks and Harry turns to look at him shaking his head "thanks Liam, but I'm okay" he hums. Liam nods slowly and turns to head into the living room where Zack, Chloe, and Bella have switched from Zayn to Louis, now pinning their uncle to the floor as he laughs and pretends to beg them for his freedom. "Hey Lou" Liam calls out and Louis waves, before Bella pins his hand down, "hi Liam" Louis manages before Zack pushes a hand over his mouth. Zayn quickly moves to Liam's side, "how was work?" Zayn asks, leaning up to kiss Liam who kisses back, before he pulls away. "It was good. Busy. But good" Liam hums.

Zack squeals suddenly and when Liam looks the fifteen month old looks disgusted as he wipes his hand on Louis' shirt, "Lou did you just lick my son?" Liam asks arching an eyebrow at Zayn's best friend. Louis chuckles and nods, the best he can, "I sure did. The little terror kept covering my mouth, so I licked his hand" Louis offers. Zack pouts climbing off Louis to come over to Liam and Zayn, holding his hand out towards Liam "Dada, yuck" he mutters and Liam chuckles. "You're right Bubba, that is yuck. Let's go wash your hands" Liam laughs, scooping the toddler into his arms and carrying him into the kitchen, where Harry is opening a bunch of plastic containers. "Did you make that?" Liam asks as he helps Zack wash his hands. Harry chuckles, "yeah. I figured you guys could use a night off from cooking, and I love to do it, so" he trails off. "Thanks Haz, it smells delicious" Liam hums as Zack reaches for Harry, who scoops the toddler into his arms. "Unc Lou, yuck" Zack mutters and Harry laughs, "what did Uncle Louis do this time?" he asks seriously. Zack frowns and shows Harry his now washed hands, which makes Harry turn to Liam confused, "Louis licked his hand, when Zack covered his mouth" Liam offers as an explanation. Harry gasps, "I'll talk to him, okay Bubba" he asks and Zack nods happily, tucking his head into Harry's neck. Harry cuddles him close with one arm while he keeps getting the food ready with the other. Liam watches him closely for a minute, smiling to himself at how easily the younger moves around the kitchen with Zack in his arms.