Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Three – Zayn

"Baba, no. It's 'Punzel" Bella shrieks as Zayn pauses to take a quick breath and organize his thoughts, it's their second day at Disney and Bella had woken him and Liam up earlier than the sun, to start the day. Zayn had managed to keep her in their bed for a couple hours until the sun came up, but then she was too excited to keep still. Liam had found them breakfast, and getting that into Bella was a whole different fight, Zayn doesn't blame her, this is all so much for her two year old brain to take in, and it is exciting, but it's also exhausting. There's a tugging on his hand that snaps Zayn out of his tired thoughts, "I see Rapunzel, baby" Zayn soothes looking down at his impatient daughter as she tries to pull him forward to meet the princess standing only feet away. "She's not going anywhere, Bella" Liam chuckles from Zayn's other side, and Zayn can't help but laugh at the look the toddler sends in his direction. Bella stares at Liam in disbelief for a moment before shaking her head and grabbing his hand too, "no Daddy, see now" she urges, trying to pull both Zayn and Liam forwards now. Zayn's worried she's going to trip and fall over backwards, she is still clumsy in her movements at the best of times, never mind when she's trying to walk backwards, while pulling two grown men. Zayn shakes his hand free and Arabella pouts at him, as he reaches down to scoop her into his arms, "relax, Boo, we're going, alright?" Zayn murmurs, and Bella huffs, but nods as she tries to hide her yawn from Zayn.

After meeting Rapunzel, Bella's energy just plummets "Baba, tired" she mumbles as she holds her arms out for him to pick her up. Zayn laughs and scoops her into his arms, "I don't doubt that, there's a reason, we let the sun wake up first" he teases, poking her nose gently. Bella scrunches it up and rests her head on his shoulder, "we'll go back to the hotel, now, and everyone can have a rest" Liam murmurs, rubbing a hand up and down Bella's back gently, before tangling his fingers with Zayn's hand that isn't supporting Bella. "No nap. Daddy nap. Bella fine" Bella grumbles, as they walk, and Zayn laughs "you just told me you were tired" he chuckles, but she lifts her head to shake it at him, "Bella not, Daddy tired" she mumbles, pointing at Liam who grins. Zayn shakes his head, because he can tell Bella is exhausted, it's just after noon and she's struggling to stay awake, "you're right, I do need a nap, will you lay with me?" Liam asks slowly. Zayn grins because this may be the perfect way for them to get Bella to lie down, now that she's decided she doesn't need sleep. Bella appears to be thinking about it, before she nods and reaches out for Liam, who takes her into his arms, easily.

Zayn's pouting when they get back to the hotel, and Bella giggles tiredly at him, "why can't Baba nap with us, princess?" Liam asks, as they step into the elevator. Arabella shakes her head and points to Zayn "Baba no nap, because, no need nap" she decides, and Zayn's pout deepens, he's ready to start whining, he does need a nap, he's exhausted. Liam sighs, "that's not very nice, Bells. I think we should let Baba lay with us" he tries. Zayn watches as Bella thinks it over, before she shrugs "Baba, nap couch. Bella, nap Daddy" she decides as they step off the elevator. Zayn sighs, opening the door to their suite, Bella struggles to be put down and grabs Liam's hand, pulling him towards the master bedroom, Zayn makes to follow them, because this is ridiculous, he's not going to be bossed around by a two year old. When he gets into the room, Bella is laying with her head on Zayn's pillow as Liam gets himself settled onto the other side of the bed, Zayn watches as she rolls into Liam as soon as he's settled, and he wraps a protective arm around her. Bella looks up "night, Baba" she yawns cuddling back up to Liam. Zayn pouts and Liam chuckles, "give me a few minutes to get her settled and I'll come nap with you on the couch, okay?" Liam asks quietly. Zayn nods, sighing because really it's the best he's going to get.

It's twenty minutes later, and Zayn is almost asleep on his own, when Liam emerges from the bedroom, "she's finally asleep" he murmurs, crawling onto the couch with Zayn, who makes grabby hands at him. Liam chuckles pressing a kiss to Zayn's cheek, which is not what Zayn wants at all, so he whines, and Liam laughs again before leaning in to kiss him properly. Zayn responds immediately, wrapping his arms around Liam's neck and deepening the kiss, Liam's arms wind around Zayn's waist and he pulls him into his lap. Zayn goes willingly, and he's now straddling Liam's thighs, as they kiss. A few minutes later they pull apart breathless and Zayn falls against Liam's chest, as the older wraps his arms tightly around him, "thank you" Zayn murmurs. Liam pulls him away and furrows his eyebrows at him, "for what Zayn?" Liam asks clearly confused and Zayn shrugs, "all of this, and putting up with me being a bit of a brat yesterday when we got here" he explains. Liam's shaking his head before Zayn finishes speaking, "you don't have to thank me, I missed you guys when I was away, and I've actually been planning this trip with you for awhile now" he explains. Zayn bites his lip and nods, falling back into Liam's chest, "still thank you" he mumbles, Liam chuckles and Zayn can feel it vibrate under his cheek, "and as for you being a brat, you're always kind of a brat, but you're my brat" Liam teases. Zayn looks up at him pouting, "am not" he mutters and Liam laughs, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "No you aren't a brat, but you are mine" he murmurs, and Zayn doesn't argue, because that sounds pretty good to him.