Chapter One Hundred Nineteen

Chapter One Hundred Nineteen –Zayn

Zayn wakes up cold, he's laying on top of the sheets on the too big bed, and he's alone. His head is throbbing, no doubt because he spent most of yesterday crying. Biting his lip he gets up to go to the bathroom, grimacing at his appearance in the mirror, before he turns the shower on as hot as he can stand and waits for it to heat up. The conversations he had with his friends last night echoing around his head as he lets the hot water warm him up and soothe the ache in his muscles, but his heart still hurts, when he remembers what happened with Liam at the pool. A part of Zayn wants to run into his arms and just stay there forever, but the more stubborn part of him knows what he saw and just can't. He replays the conversation he had with Harry and Louis, after his first conversation with Louis, who swore he was going to kill Liam for him. Harry had made some valid points that Zayn wanted to believe, like Liam would never do something like that to him, and they are in fact on their honeymoon. But Zayn still can't get the vision of Liam flirting with the pretty bartender out of his head, squeezing his eyes shut as he rinses out his hair, Zayn groans and slams his fist against the shower wall, it hurts, but it distracts him momentarily against the pain in his chest.

Zayn can't help himself, once he's dry he pulls on the sweatpants and hoodie Liam packed, surrounding himself with his husband's comforting scent, when his phone rings Zayn jumps, before grabbing it. "Morning Lou" Zayn sighs "morning, Zee. How you holding up?" Louis answers. Zayn sighs, "I don't know. What do I do Lou-Lou?" he mutters, Louis laughs at the old nickname, "what do you want to do?" he asks and Zayn shrugs, "I don't know" he mutters. "Okay, the way I see it, you only have one more day left in Barcelona. I think you should hear Liam out, you do have to fly back with him tomorrow" Louis explains, and Zayn groans, pulling the sleeves of Liam's hoodie over his hands, "but what if he really doesn't love me anymore Lou?" Zayn mumbles, his voice sounding small and scared. Louis makes a gentle sound, it's a sound Zayn usually hears him use around small children, "Zayniekins, you know Liam loves you" he coos, but Zayn scoffs in response, "no Zee. Trust me that man loves you, I can tell, and I will personally rip him apart if he hurts you again, but he's beating himself up about this, he's hurting too right now Zayn" Louis explains, voice still soft and gentle. Zayn sighs and digs the heels of his hands into his eyes, "Lou" he mumbles and Louis hums "I know you're scared Zee, but this is your Liam, your man. Go and talk to him, please. If not for yourself, do it for those three perfect little angels waiting for you at home" he insists. Zayn bites his lip at the mention of the kids, because he knows Louis' right, "I gotta go Lou" he mumbles, "bye Zayn, I love you" Louis hums before Zayn hangs up.

Zayn slowly unlocks the door, before he pulls it open quietly, when he looks out Liam is curled up uncomfortably on the couch, his phone in one hand and what appears to be tear stains on his cheeks. Zayn frowns at that because Liam shouldn't be crying, why was he crying? "Liam?" Zayn hisses, prodding at the sleeping man's shoulder, "wha-? Zayn?" Liam asks shooting up on the couch to reach out and wrap his fingers around Zayn's wrist. And okay, Zayn gets that, Liam's afraid he's going to run off and lock the door again, and he wants his chance to explain. "I-I think I'm ready to talk" Zayn mumbles, looking at his hands, and shuffling from foot to foot. "Zayn, baby I am so sorry, but it wasn't what you thought, you have to believe me" Liam says quickly, standing up to be eye level with Zayn, before he drops to his knees on the carpet in front of him. Zayn looks down at the man confused, "what was it then" he mumbles, "mostly, her being inappropriate, and me trying to politely get away from her" Liam frowns. Zayn makes a face at this and Liam sighs, reaching out and gripping Zayn's hands in his own, Zayn doesn't pull away, determined to let Liam explain. "She started pitching some business ideas to me, then before I knew it she was flirting with me and I didn't know how to tell her to stop. I promise everything you saw was entirely one sided, on her side. I just wanted to come and be with you" Liam explains, eyes boring into Zayn's. Zayn opens his mouth to say something but Liam cuts him off. "You have to believe me baby, I love you. You're my world, I  don't know what I would do without you. You are my everything Zayn Javadd Malik-Payne. I will spend every waking minute of forever making this up to you, and loving you" he whimpers.