Chapter Fifty Four

Chapter Fifty Four – Liam

Liam groans as he flips through the large pile of files on his desk, a few days after the engagement, he and Niall are in the middle of what could be one of the biggest buyouts of their career as long as they handle everything correctly. This isn't the first time Liam's navigated a buyout of another company, but it could potentially be the biggest and open up Payne Industries to a whole new world. "Liam?" Elise's voice buzzes through the speaker on his desk, "what is it Elise?" he sighs. "Sorry to bother you, but there's a Louis Tomlinson on line two, he says it's important" Elise explains, Liam furrows his eyebrows, wondering why Louis would be calling him, while he's at work, what could his fiance's best friend want right now, "thanks Elise, and you're not bothering me" he replies, reaching for his phone. "Louis this better be important" Liam growls as soon as he presses the button for line two, Louis chuckles into the phone, "hello to you too" he laughs and Liam rolls his eyes. "Look Louis, if you just called to laugh into the phone, I'm hanging up, I have a ton of work to do today, and I would like to get home to see Zayn and Bella before tomorrow" Liam sighs. Louis makes a whining sound into the phone, "okay, no don't hang up I'm sorry" he says quickly, "I actually was hoping you and I could get some lunch, today, if you had a chance?" Louis adds. Liam furrows his eyebrows still confused, but he does need to eat and it was lunchtime, "alright Louis, where do you want me to meet you?" he asks slowly.

Liam runs a hand through his hair as he pulls into the parking lot of the restaurant Louis wanted to meet at, it's more of a diner than anything, and Liam feels comfortable as soon as he walks through the door. He spots Louis almost instantly, playing on his phone in a booth in the back corner of the restaurant, and dodges a waitress as he makes his way over to him. Louis looks up and grins at him, gesturing for him to sit across from him, "thanks for meeting me" he grins and Liam just nods in response still confused as to why Louis wanted to meet him. "I already ordered you a burger,and a Coke, hope that's okay" Louis says as Liam sits down, and Liam nods slowly, because it's what he would have ordered, but he's still confused. "Okay you look confused" Louis laughs and Liam arches an eyebrow at him, "you think? Louis we rarely hang out without Zayn what is this about?" he asks. Louis sighs, "I just thought with you marrying my best friend we should hang out just the two of us" he explains, and Liam looks at him confused. There's something else going on with Louis, something off, he's normally bouncing off of walls, and right now he seems too calm, too relaxed for everything to be alright. "Louis what's really going on?" Liam asks quietly, leaning back to allow the waitress to place their drinks down on the table, "am I that obvious?" Louis asks and Liam chuckles nodding his head.

Neither one of them says anything else for a minute and Liam knows Louis is trying to organize his thoughts, so he gives him a minute. "Alright so I know about your run in with Sadie, and I'm worried about all three of you if I'm being honest" Louis says quickly, after a moment. Liam furrows his eyebrows at him, "Lou, I don't, what are you talking about?" Liam stutters and Louis chuckles "your encounter with Sadie at the park Li, Zayn told me all about it, and I'm worried. But not just about Zayn and Bella, about you too" he explains. Liam furrows his eyebrows, because he's a grown man and can take care of himself, so he tells Louis as much. "Yes you can, but Sadie is a different kind of crazy, she will stop at nothing to get what she wants. I found out from one of her friends that if Zayn hadn't willingly gone with her at that party, she was going to drug him" Louis murmurs, and Liam can feel his heart rate picking up a little, that maybe they've been underestimating her. "Also I've seen her around campus a lot lately, usually trying to hide, and always watching Zayn. I just, something doesn't feel right Liam" Louis adds. Liam nods, taking a sip of his drink to distract himself, "so what are you saying?" he asks, Louis sighs, shaking his head, "I don't know Liam, but I know you need to be careful" he answers.