Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Sixty One – Zayn

Zayn frowns as he watches Liam carry a still very much awake Bella into the apartment, it's late, way later than Bella should be awake. They're just getting home from dinner with everyone celebrating Zayn being done school and all Zayn wants to do is fall into bed and sleep, but Arabella apparently has other plans for him and Liam as she refuses to settle down. Zayn blames Louis, and his insistence that three bowls of ice cream for dessert would be an alright thing, but Louis got to go home with just Harry and, if Zayn knows him as well as he thinks he does, is already asleep back in his bed. "Bella no the couch is not for jumping on" Liam calls, as Zayn rounds the corner into the living room to see the two year old jumping up and down on the couch, and dodging Liam's hands as he tries to stop her and get her to settle. Zayn watches for a minute, before deciding to let Liam continue to handle it and disappears into the kitchen to make coffee, because it's going to be a long night, and he and Liam are going to need it. "Baba, help" Bella squeals running into the kitchen and ducking behind his legs, followed closely by Liam, who is limping slightly. Zayn arches an eyebrow at his fiancé who gestures to Bella, "she kicked me" Liam mumbles, and Zayn groans, turning around and catching Bella before she can run off again. "Arabella Trisha Malik we do not kick people, you know better. That's not okay, what do you think you should say to Daddy?" Zayn asks, voice stern. Bella pouts, "accident Baba" she whines and Zayn sighs shaking his head, "accident or not, it's not okay, what do you say to Daddy?" he tries again. Bella pouts, but turns to Liam, "sorry Daddy, not mean to" she murmurs. Liam smiles gently, "it's okay, lovely, but it's time to get ready for bed, it's past your bedtime" he says slowly.

Bella resists, and Zayn knows it's coming before it actually happens, she's overtired and overstimulated, so when she throws herself away from Zayn with tears pouring down her cheeks he's not surprised. Liam arches an eyebrow, but doesn't say anything as Zayn crouches down to be eye level with the hysterical girl, "Bella, my Love, look at Baba please?" Zayn murmurs, and Bella peeks up at him through her eyelashes. "There's my girl" Zayn murmurs, brushing a few tears off her cheeks, "you need to come and get your jammies on okay, it's very late" he adds. Bella pouts but nods and reaches for Zayn, who scoops her up as he stands, "I'll finish the coffee and meet you in our room?" Liam asks, Zayn grins, leaning over to kiss him quickly, "that sounds good, thank you" he mumbles before heading from the kitchen towards Bella's room.

Zayn sets Bella down on her bed as he turns to pull out some pyjamas, "Baba, I not tired" Bella whines and Zayn shakes his head, "I know baby, but you need to get ready for bed" he reasons. Zayn hears the thump as Bella kicks her bed but chooses to ignore it, turning around with Bella's favourite Frozen pyjamas and a new pull up in his hands. "Alright, hands up" Zayn coos, as he grabs the bottom of Bella's dress, pulling upwards, she's barely cooperating, but she's not fighting him, so he'll take it, Zayn's quick to get her into a new pull up and the pyjamas after the dress is off. "There you're all done, ready for bed" Zayn hums, pulling Bella into his lap, "Baba, no. No bed" Bella insists, and Zayn groans inwardly, "why no bed?" he asks curiously, "don't wanna, not tired" she answers, pouting. Zayn sighs nodding, "what if you come and watch a movie with Baba and Daddy?" Zayn asks, in an attempt to keep her calm enough she'll start to get tired, Bella thinks for a second, biting her bottom lip gently, "okay Baba" she mumbles quietly and Zayn grins scooping her into his arms to carry her towards his and Liam's room. Once they're both settled on the bed Zayn starts flipping through Netflix, trying to find something to watch, Liam comes in carrying two mugs and a sippy cup, "for you" he murmurs, passing Zayn one of the mugs. "And for the apparently wide awake princess" Liam hums handing Bella the cup, "what is it?" Bella asks and Liam grins, "warm milk, my mum always made it for me, when I couldn't sleep" he answers, winking at Zayn, who laughs taking a sip of his coffee.