Chapter One Hundred Four

Chapter One Hundred Four – Liam

Liam hears the door upstairs slam, before he hears small running footsteps, "Bella's home early" he mumbles to himself before turning his focus back to the last few documents he needs to get through. "Li?!" Zayn calls out and Liam sighs because he really just wants to be done with all this work drama and be able to actually spend time with his husband, and their kids. Zayn appears in the office doorway a minute later "can I talk to you?" he asks and Liam looks up at him, "can you give me fifteen minutes? Then I'll be finished and can spend the next week with you" he murmurs, rubbing his temples, Zayn sighs and looks like he wants to say something but instead just nods before leaving Liam alone in his office once again. Liam hears Zayn moving around upstairs and the sounds of Bella shuffling along after him, before he hears Louis' voice saying goodbye to both of them, and cooing at the twins before the front door opens and closes again. Liam shakes his head and forces himself back to work to finish everything up, so he can be rid of the nightmare the past few days have turned into.

Liam's never felt more relieved, he got through the paperwork and managed to find the source of what could have been the biggest disaster in the history of Payne Industries. He grabs his coffee mug and stretches before he leaves the office and heads upstairs. He finds Bella first, playing with her princess dolls and a monster truck as what looks like Frozen plays quietly in the background. "Hey Princess" Liam hums moving to sit beside her on the floor, "Daddy" she cheers wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug before letting go and driving the monster truck full of princess dolls into his knee. "I missed you, did you have a good day?" Liam tries but Bella ignores him for her game, and he chuckles, pressing a kiss to her head before getting up to go find Zayn, Zack and Chloe. He finds Zayn in the kitchen getting bottles ready as he hums to himself, grinning Liam moves to wrap his arms around Zayn's waist from behind, making the younger jump, "all done?" Zayn asks once he settles in and Liam nods, "yes and I don't plan on doing anything work related for the next three weeks" he grumbles. Zayn laughs "yeah right. I give you one week at the most before you need some work to do" he teases. Liam pouts but he also knows Zayn's right "shut up" he mumbles as Zayn pulls away, "what did you need to talk about?" Liam adds. Zayn smiles lightly "come help me feed the twin terrors and I'll tell you all about it" Zayn mumbles walking out of the room.

When Liam finds his husband again he's in the nursery Zack cuddled in his arms as he offers him the bottle, Liam scoops up Chloe and the bottle Zayn left on the change table and settles into the other chair beside the one Zayn's in. "How was lunch with Lou?" Liam asks and Zayn grins "it was good. He asked me to be his best man" he answers and Liam smiles, "he needed to ask that?" he teases. Zayn laughs "that's what I told him, but he was worried Harry would get to me first or something stupid" he explains. Liam nods, cooing down at Chloe as she eats, "so what did you need to talk about?" he asks again, hearing Zayn sigh deeply. "I got a call from Bella's school while I was with Lou" Zayn starts and Liam's eyes widen, "is everything okay? I thought she was home early" he murmurs. Zayn nods, "it's okay now. They told me I needed to come in right away it was easier that way. And when I got there Bella was curled into a corner crying, not letting anyone touch her" he continues. Liam frowns "what the hell happened?" he asks. Zayn smiles down at Zack who's still drinking his bottle happily, and Chloe demands Liam's attention when she whines loudly, as the bottle slipped from her mouth. "There's a new staff member in Bella's room, and she's blonde, slender, similar to Sadie. Bella just got scared. I explained the situation to the staff and got Bella calmed down enough to realize it wasn't Sadie, and that she's safe" Zayn explains. Liam nods, as he switches Chloe to burp her, "so everything's alright now?" he asks slowly and Zayn nods, "yeah I think Bella's still a little shook up, but I think everything will be fine" he answers.

Liam chews his lip as he cuddles Chloe and Zayn burps Zack, "I think we should all go out tonight, get our minds off everything that's been going on" he says suddenly and Zayn shakes his head at him. "No? Why?" Liam pouts and Zayn laughs "I went out for lunch with Lou, I shouldn't eat out two meals in a row" he chuckles as he stands up with Zack in his arms. "Sure you can, and we need this Zayn, please?" Liam hums following his husband out of the room with Chloe in his arms, Zayn sighs and turns to face him at the top of the stairs, "fine Li. We can go out" he mumbles and Liam cheers internally as Zayn walks away from him.