Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven – Zayn

"You sure about this Li?" Zayn asks, as he stuffs a few colouring books into Bella's bag, it's been a week since Bella and Liam stayed home together when she was sick, and Liam's taking her with him to his office today. "I mean I have classes all day and then I have to work, so I won't be able to come and pick her up at all" he warns. Liam chuckles, passing Zayn a few of Bella's princess dolls, "yes I'm sure, and I know you'll be gone all day. But I promised her and I'm not breaking a promise to her" he explains. Zayn sighs and moves around Liam towards Bella's bedroom to grab a few changes of clothes, he's not sure what she could possibly do to need them, in Liam's office, but if there's one thing he's learned from having Bella it's to never underestimate the mess she is capable of creating. Zayn decides on two outfits, placing them into the bag, before heading back out into the living room, where Liam is currently drinking coffee and watching Peppa Pig with Bella. "Don't you have a meeting today?" Zayn asks, remembering a conversation he and Liam had a few days ago, Liam shrugs, setting his mug down, "yes. But it's not a long one, and Elise and Nikki are excited to hang out with her for a little while" he explains. Zayn huffs, he's not sure why he's against this, or why he feels something's going to go wrong. He knows realistically that Bella will be fine, she's been to Liam's office a few times, and nothing terrible has ever happened, but unrealistically he thinks this is a bad idea, just because.

Liam's arms are suddenly wrapping around his waist and he's being pulled into a strong chest, "relax, alright. We'll be fine, I have one meeting right before lunch, the rest of the day is all just work around my office. I promise everything will be okay" Liam soothes. Zayn relaxes against him and nods, "I'm sorry, I don't even know why I'm being like this" he mutters and Liam laughs, "because you're a good father, but you just focus on your classes and job, and I'll take care of your girl, deal?" he asks. Zayn chews his lip as he thinks before nodding, "deal. But Liam?" he asks, and Liam furrows his eyebrows obviously confused, "she's our girl" Zayn murmurs. Zayn watches as Liam's eyebrows shoot up in surprise "Zayn, you mean that?" he asks, and Zayn smiles, shrugging, "yeah, I mean legally and all that she's mine, but she is ours Liam" he murmurs. Liam grins wrapping Zayn in a tight hug, "thank you" he mumbles and Zayn pulls back to smile at his handsome boyfriend, before surging up to kiss him deeply. Bella crashing into their legs makes them pull apart, "what is it Boo?" Zayn asks, scooping her into his arms, where she snuggles into his chest, Zayn smiles hugging her back, as Liam moves to put his now empty mug in the sink. "You be good for Daddy today, okay?" Zayn asks. Bella nods, kissing his cheek, "promise Baba" she murmurs, wriggling to get down again. Zayn lets her down just as Liam comes back in briefcase in hand, "you ready to go Bella?" he asks. Bella nods running to grab her bag from the floor, "you have to say bye to Baba, first" Liam chuckles. Bella grins and runs over to Zayn who catches her in his arms hugging her tightly, "bye Baba, love you" she coos and Zayn smiles, "bye I love you too" he answers, before releasing her. Liam comes to hug Zayn then, "bye, I love you. Take care of her" Zayn murmurs, before kissing him, Liam smiles "I promise, I love you" he murmurs, kissing Zayn again, before pulling away and scooping Bella into his arms to leave.

Zayn curses when he glances at the clock after Liam and Bella have left, he's going to be late to class if he doesn't leave right now. Sighing Zayn grabs his own bag, before stuffing his wallet and phone into his pocket, grabbing his keys and heading out into the hall and towards the elevator, down to the parking garage. Once he's on his way he allows himself to relax a little, he's going to be on time and everything with Liam and Bella is going to be fine today. But even as he tells himself this Zayn can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong today. Zayn pulls into the parking lot at school and manages to get a spot directly beside Louis, who's still in his car as well. Zayn smiles at his best friend as they both get out of their cars, Louis handing Zayn a Starbucks cup once he's close enough, "thought you could use this" Louis explains. Zayn takes a sip, "thank you, I definitely can use it" he murmurs, and Louis nods as they make their way towards the main building on campus. "How's living with Liam?" Louis asks as they walk and Zayn smiles, "it's great Lou, how's Harry?" he asks. Louis bites his lip and grins, "he's great, I may ask him to move in, he's at the apartment all the time anyways" he says. Zayn grins, "that's great Lou!" he cheers, "I do miss you though" he adds and Louis smiles wrapping an arm around his waist, "I miss you too" he coos, pinching Zayn's cheek. Zayn swats him away, shaking his head, "you wanna grab lunch today?" Zayn asks. Louis smiles nodding, "sure thing, meet you here around twelve?" he asks and Zayn nods, "see you then" he calls before they split off to head towards their classes.