Chapter One Hundred Fifty Two

Chapter One Hundred Fifty Two – Liam

Liam's down in his office working on some contracts that he didn't get done before he left to come home. It's the beginning of December and although things are busy at the office Liam doesn't want to miss out on any of the Christmas lead up this year. Zack and Chloe actually understand what's coming up, as much as two year old's can, and Bella being almost six is one hundred percent invested in the holiday.

A thump makes Liam's head snap up just as Zack comes charging through the office door, looking over his shoulder as he comes. Which is a dead giveaway that Zack has definitely done something he's not supposed to have and is expecting someone to be chasing him as he comes into Liam's office to hide.

"Daddy" Zack cheers, climbing up into Liam's lap as soon as Liam pushes away from the desk enough that he can fit. "Love you Daddy" he mumbles as he settles himself on Liam's chest.

The whole scene is cute, if it wasn't so suspicious, Zack isn't the cuddler out of the twins, that's Chloe, and always has been. Liam narrows his eyes as he wraps an arm around the two year old and waits for whoever it is that's looking for Zack, probably Zayn if Liam had to guess. "I love you too Zack, but what did you do?" Liam asks slowly hearing the footsteps on the stairs.

"Liam have you seen...nevermind" Zayn starts, cutting himself off as he settles his best 'Baba look' on Zack, who grips tighter to Liam's shirt in response. "Zack, Bubba, why?" Zayn asks arching an eyebrow at the toddler who giggles slightly.

"What did he do Zayn?" Liam asks confused, unsure whether Zack just ran away from bath time or if he's actually in trouble right now.

Zayn sighs, long and deep before he holds up a floppy stuffed bunny, "Zack got a hold of a Sharpie and decided to colour Bella's bunny, while I was making dinner and you were down here" he explains, stepping closer to Liam's desk the bunny still held in his hands.

Liam's eyes widen as he takes in the black scribbles all over what is easily Bella's most prized possession, the bunny that Liam knows she's had longer than he's been in her and Zayn's life. "Zackary Yaser Malik-Payne why on earth would you do that?" Liam asks in disbelief, his grip on Zack tightening just a little when Zack moves to get off his lap, no doubt to run away again. It's when Zack's hands come up to push against Liam's chest that he notices the black marker on the two year old's hands.

"No Daddy. No Baba" Zack huffs shaking his head "I not" he insists still struggling against Liam's hold on him.

Zayn sighs again dropping the bunny onto Liam's desk and scooping Zack up into his arms, "the marker on your hands tells me you did Bubba, not to mention Bella caught you doing it" he hums, looking Zack directly in the eyes. Liam just watches always impressed with Zayn's skills handling things like this. "So what are we gonna do to fix it?" Zayn asks arching an eyebrow, his voice is still stern, but gentle and Zack pouts in Zayn's arms.

"I say sorry?" Zack asks pouting up at Zayn, before he turns his pout on Liam. "I wash bunny" he adds with a grin, nodding his head emphatically.

Liam grins, "that's a start Zack. But I don't know if the marker will wash off of the bunny" he offers, watching as Zack's eyebrows furrow at that news and he pushes against Zayn's chest, wanting down.

"You're not getting down Zack" Zayn sighs, "I think you need to come upstairs with me, and you can sit in time out for two minutes. Then you can say sorry to Bella and you and me can try to wash off the bunny" Zayn adds, arching an eyebrow at Zack.

Liam's surprised by what happens next, Zack normally doesn't care about being in trouble, the boy causes enough of it daily to be used to the consequences, so when he drops his head onto Zayn's chest and just starts to cry neither man really knows what to do.