Chapter Sixty Six

Chapter Sixty Six – Liam

Liam pulls into his mum's driveway just as Aurora lets out a loud whimper from the travel crate in the back, Zayn chuckles as Bella pouts, "Daddy, Aurora want out" she demands, as Liam turns off the car. "I know Princess, but it's not safe for her to be out while I'm driving" Liam reasons, and he knows it's true but it's apparently not a good enough reason for the just three year old, because she huffs, crossing her arms, "not driving now, Daddy" she points out and Liam arches an eyebrow at Zayn who shrugs, "she did spend all morning with Louis" Zayn reasons and Liam sighs. "A little less attitude please" Liam warns climbing out of the car, and opening the back door, bright pink leash in his hands as Zayn moves to help Bella out on the other side of the car.  "Sorry Daddy" Bella chimes, when Liam opens the back door, "it's okay, Love" Liam murmurs, before opening the crate enough to clip the leash onto Aurora's collar. He can hear Bella giggling loudly from the opposite side of the car, and can just tell Zayn is tickling her from the sounds "Baba, stop" Bella shrieks and Zayn laughs, relenting with a kiss to Bella's cheek, which she returns, just as Liam walks the puppy around the car. "Should we go see if anyone's here yet?" Liam asks, Bella claps excitedly nodding her head, "wanna see Ethan" she cheers and Liam chuckles, "he'll be here Lovely" he murmurs, leading the way to the door.

Liam doesn't even have to knock, his mum pulls open the door before they get close, crouching down to pet at Aurora's head, "oh, she's beautiful" she gushes and Liam laughs, nodding, as Zayn comes up behind him, "and apparently Louis' idea of an appropriate birthday present" he grumbles. Karen laughs, standing up and holding her arms out for Bella, who dives into them, "Happy birthday sweet girl" she coos, and Bella grins, "thank you"she giggles, as Karen carries her into the house. Liam lets Zayn walk in ahead of him before he follows suit with Aurora, they can hear Bella talking to his parents and Liam smiles at how easily she fit in with his family. Zayn presses a kiss to his cheek, "what was that for?" Liam asks and Zayn shrugs, "felt like it" he mumbles, before following the voices into the other room, Liam shakes his head, but follows after his fiancé. Once they're in the living room Liam's eyes widen at all the princess decorations that cover almost every available surface in the room, "Mum, this is amazing" he gasps and Karen waves him away dismissively "thank your sister" she answers and Liam shakes his head in amazement as his dad pulls Aurora's leash from his hands. "Dad?" Liam asks, and Geoff chuckles, "let me see her" he coos, getting down to cuddle the puppy. Liam chuckles "go for it" he laughs, just as Ruth and Ethan walk into the room. "ETHAN" Bella shrieks launching herself at the nine year old, who laughs, catching her in his arms, "happy birthday" he coos, pressing a kiss to her cheek. Bella blushes, "thank you" she giggles.

With Bella content to hang out with Ethan, and Aurora occupied with Geoff Liam watches Zayn as he watches the others, he can see Zayn's mind working and knows the man is sad about his baby growing up. But he also knows it's all normal and he just needs to be there for Zayn. "How're you feeling Ethan?" Zayn asks, ruffling Ethan's hair "a lot better, Uncle Zayn. Doctor said I need to make sure I get enough sleep to try and make sure it doesn't happen again" he mumbles, pretending to bite at Bella's hand when she pokes him in the cheek. Zayn nods they were both worried about Ethan after the park a week ago, even though Ruth had assured them both he was fine, Liam for one needed to see for himself, and he's sure Zayn felt the same way. "The doctor also said you have to tell us when you start to feel like that so we can give you medicine" Ruth adds with a pointed look at her oldest, who rolls his eyes, "I know Mum" he sighs. "Where are Mason and Kenzi?" Liam asks, looking around the room, "they're coming with Ben a little later, this one wanted to help me, help Mum set up" Ruth answers. Liam nods, "while you did an amazing job" he grins and Ruth smiles, "thank you" she answers before disappearing from the room.

The next hour is spent greeting everyone as they arrive, and people gushing over Bella, while she loves every second of it. Liam watches as his and Zayn's mums greet each other like old friends before disappearing to the kitchen to get the food ready, while their dads shake hands before sitting on the couch together and watching the room silently. Niall's the last to arrive and Liam's eyes widen when he sees Josh is with him, he arches an eyebrow at his best friend, who laughs nervously "I hope you guys don't mind, I brought a guest" he mumbles. Liam chuckles, "I don't mind at all" he answers before directing his gaze to Josh, "hey Josh, how are you?" he asks, Josh's response is mumbled so Liam doesn't really hear it, but he nods, before pulling Niall in close. "So is this serious?" he whispers, so only Niall can hear. Niall blushes before he nods, "I kind of asked him to be my boyfriend last night" he murmurs and Liam nods, "congratulations Ni" he coos hugging his best friend, "I want details at work on Monday" he warns and Niall laughs nodding "I'll tell you all about it" he laughs, before stepping away to wrap an arm around Josh's waist. Liam has to admit they do compliment each other well, and he just hopes Josh is better to Niall than Jace was. Liam can't help but laugh when Zayn notices the pair his eyes widening, before he shakes his head and thanks them both for coming.