Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two – Liam

Liam growls at the text message he's just received from Niall, telling him he might want to get online and check out a few articles that have recently been published. Liam's sure they aren't important, they never are, they're barely ever based in this realm of possibility, but he also knows if Niall felt it was important enough to wake him up early on a Sunday morning, he should probably check it out. So Liam's sat on his balcony with a cup of coffee and his laptop, waiting for the website Niall sent him to load, he'd rather be getting ready to go get Zayn and Bella and go to his parents' for lunch, but he also knows his boyfriend might kill him if he wakes him up too early on his day off. The website finally finishes loading, and Liam doesn't have to wonder long about what Niall was talking about, because there, splashed across the homepage, is himself, with Zayn and Bella in the parking lot after lunch with his mum the other day. And okay, Liam knew this would happen eventually, but he hasn't had a chance to discuss it all with Zayn, and unfortunately for him Bella's face is the clearest one of them all in this particular picture. "Shit" Liam curses, grabbing at his phone, he doesn't even bother to read the headline, or click through the other pictures, he just needs some advice.

The phone rings three times before being answered "hello...?" Niall asks around a yawn, "Ni, I'm sorry, but what do I do?" Liam panics glaring at nothing when Niall laughs. "First, you calm down" Niall grumbles, and Liam sighs, "I can't calm down, some idiot paps have published pictures of my boyfriend's daughter, he's going to kill me" he mutters. Liam can hear Jace talking in the background of Niall's phone, but not what he's saying, before he hears shuffling, and a door closing, signalling Niall has left the room. "I know it looks bad Li, but you need to just talk to Zayn about this. Did you even read them?" Niall asks. Liam sighs, rubbing his temples "no, I just saw Bella and panicked a little" he admits. Niall laughs again, "that explains why that's your only concern. The second article is worse, makes it seem like you're dating Zayn and someone else too" he explains. Liam's eyes widen and he turns back to his computer, "what?" he squawks, clicking furiously, and sure enough there's a second article linked to the first, wondering which one he's more serious about. The worst part about the second article is it's a complete lie, it's a picture of him being hugged by a woman, who they were trying to get to work with Payne Industries on some deal, but she couldn't keep her hands to herself, so Liam called it all off.

"I'm so dead" Liam mutters, and Niall sighs, "just talk to him, mate. Zayn seems like a reasonable guy, talk to him before he finds these himself" he warns. Liam sighs and nods his head, even though Niall can't see him, glancing at the time to see it's just after eight in the morning, but Bella doesn't share Zayn's love of seeping in, so chances are high he's awake. "I'll get dressed and go see him now, thanks Ni" Liam mumbles, "good idea, Li. And just call if ya need me, Jace and I are staying in today. Good luck" Niall answers before hanging up on Liam. Liam doesn't waste any time, just tosses his laptop onto his couch and rushes towards his bathroom to shower. He's out, dressed and headed to his car in record time, speeding towards Zayn's apartment hoping he gets to Zayn before the younger jumps to conclusions of his own. Liam stops quickly to grab, Zayn, (and Louis) a coffee, along with some muffins and juice for Bella, before continuing his drive to his boyfriend's apartment. Liam jogs towards the building, once he's parked, only stopping to catch his breath once he's on the elevator and it's taking him towards Zayn's floor.

Liam knocks impatiently on the door, laughing lightly at the muttered curses he can hear coming from the other side, "this better be bloody important" Zayn grumbles,before the door is pulled open. Liam feels himself relaxing at the sleepy looking man in front of him, "Liam?" Zayn asks confused,"I'm sorry, I just I need to talk to you" Liam rushes, biting his lip, nervously. Zayn makes a face but steps aside, letting Liam walk past him into the apartment, shutting the door carefully behind him."Is everything okay? You're scaring me" Zayn mumbles, taking the coffee Liam holds out towards him, Liam shakes his head, "yeah no. I don't know" he mutters. Zayn furrows his eyebrows gesturing for Liam to sit down, just as Bella comes barrelling into the room "Daddy!" she exclaims, climbing into Liam's lap, Louis chasing after her, "when did you get so fast?" Louis pants, "oh hey Liam" he adds. Liam smiles and offers Louis the cup of coffee he brought him "you sir, are amazing. Zayn, keep him" Louis smirks, before looking curiously at Liam, who tries (but he knows he fails) to not look nervous.