Chapter One Hundred Fifteen

Chapter One Hundred Fifteen – Zayn

Zayn's finishing packing the last few things, he and Liam are leaving early the next morning to catch their flight to Barcelona, he's excited of course, but Zayn's also apprehensive to leave all three of his babies behind. His mum is coming this afternoon to stay the night, so she's there when they leave and can just take over from there, and Zayn is once again grateful that both his parents have always supported him. Bella bounds into the bedroom just as he's closing his suitcase, and she pouts up at him as she climbs up onto the bed, "what's up Bells?" Zayn asks and she sighs, reaching out for him. Zayn scoops her into his arms and falls back onto the bed, cuddling her close to his chest, Bella's fingers absently start tracing over his tattoos, a habit she's always had. "Do you and Daddy have to go?" Bella asks quietly and Zayn frowns, "we do, but you'll have so much fun with Grandma, that you won't even really notice we're gone" he explains gently. Bella gives him a look that is clearly unconvinced and Zayn sighs, he knows that he and Liam need this trip for them as much as anything, but every time he and Bella have this conversation he has second thoughts.

Liam comes into the bedroom then, carrying a clearly just woken up Zack in his arms, Chloe must still be sleeping, she seems to take longer naps than her brother does, "there you two are" he hums. Zayn smiles at him from the bed and Bella giggles, "Bubba doesn't want to sleep anymore" Liam coos, passing the happy baby down to Zayn, as Bella shifts over to make room for him on Zayn's lap. "I don't think he ever wants to sleep" Zayn chuckles, as Zack starts trying to pull Zayn's fingers towards his mouth, Bella laughing and still tracing over the tattoos on Zayn's arm, "Baba?" she asks. Zayn hums, turning from Zack to see her, "yeah?" he asks, "are you gonna get tattoos for Zack and Chloe?" she asks head tilting to the side. Zayn chuckles and sits Zack beside him on the bed, knowing that Liam will stop him if he moves to crawl off like he had done the other morning, "I probably will, yes. I just don't know what yet, but I have a few months, I didn't get yours until you were one" he explains. When Zayn looks up Liam is chewing on his lip, "what?" he asks and Liam shrugs, "I like your tattoos" he mumbles and Zayn rolls his eyes, knowing exactly what his husband is thinking. Zack lets out a loud squeal as he pulls his sock off his own foot, tipping himself backwards in the process, and Zayn chuckles, leaning down to blow a raspberry on the boys tummy, where his shirt rode up. Zack giggles loudly, his small hands pushing on Zayn's head, before he wraps his fingers into the hair and pulls. "Ow. No Zack, don't pull hair" Zayn scolds attempting to pull away, but he has no luck as Zack won't let go, "Li, a little help please?" Zayn whines. Zayn hears his husband chuckle before he feels him gently removing their son's fingers from his hair, "don't hurt Baba" Liam scolds gently, Zack's only response is a little smile and quiet gurgle.

The doorbell rings a few minutes later causing the dog to bark and Chloe to wake up, "I'll get the door, you get Chloe?" Liam asks and Zayn nods, laughing as Bella bolts out of the room. Liam scoops Zack back into his arms, and leans over to kiss Zayn's lips gently, he's gone far to soon, but Zayn knows soon they'll have an entire week to themselves to kiss all they want. Zack leaves a sloppy, open mouthed 'kiss' on Zayn's cheek before Liam carries him down towards the door, and Zayn heads from their bedroom into the twins' nursery. As soon as he enters the room Chloe's cries quiet a little and she reaches for him, making grabby hands, Zayn coos, scooping Chloe into his arms and cuddling her close, "did the big, bad dog, scare you?" he hums. Chloe sniffles and rubs her face against his shirt, "do you need a change, Love?" Zayn murmurs, laying her gently down and quickly changing her, scooping her back into his arms and cuddling her close again. Zayn sits down in the rocking chair, rocking gently as he cuddles Chloe close, it reminds him so much of the time he spent doing this with Bella, that he feels a little sad, at how quickly he knows his two youngest babies are going to grow. Chloe, stuffs her fist into her mouth and blinks up at Zayn with wide chocolate eyes, framed by lengthy eyelashes, her eyes are an exact match to Liam's, the rest of her appearance though is all Zayn.