Chapter Seventy One

Chapter Seventy One – Zayn

Zayn frowns as Liam pulls back into the parking lot of their building a week later, they've just gotten back from America and the flight home didn't go nearly as smooth as the flight over had. Bella had been miserable from the minute they arrived at the airport in LA until Liam finally gave her his iPad halfway through the flight to play games on. She had fallen asleep, with her head on Zayn's shoulder about five minutes before they landed again and was still sleeping peacefully in the backseat of Liam's car. "You alright?" Liam asks, turning off the car and facing Zayn who nods slowly, "I'm fine, just tired" he mumbles, and it's the truth, he's exhausted, would have loved to sleep on the flight home, but Bella being awake and a handful prevented that from happening. Liam smiles gently, "help me get her and everything inside, then we can take a nap. Louis' not bringing Aurora over until later" he murmurs, fingers brushing against Zayn's cheek. Zayn leans into his touch before pouting when he pulls his hand away, and climbs out of the car, Zayn follows, going around to pull Bella out of her seat, careful not to wake her, and follows Liam, who is somehow carrying all their luggage towards the elevator.

Zayn gently lays Bella down in her bed, standing up too quickly and bumping his head on the balcony over top, he curses quietly before leaving the room, rubbing at the forming bump gently as he goes. Liam furrows his eyebrows at Zayn when he comes into their bedroom, "I bumped my head" he mumbles and Liam laughs before pulling him closer and pressing a gentle kiss to the spot, "that's gonna leave a bump" Liam mumbles and Zayn sighs. "Can we just nap please?" Zayn practically whines, and Liam chuckles nodding his head as he pulls Zan gently by the wrist to lay down. "Zee?" Liam murmurs, once they're settled, with Zayn's head on Liam's chest, and Liam's arms around Zayn. Zayn hums to indicate he heard him, and Liam continues, "are we really going to call Doniya about having a baby?" he asks. Zayn spins himself around so he can see Liam's face, reaching up to cup his jaw in one hand, "I'm serious if you are, we can call her right now if you want?" Zayn answers quietly. Zayn watches as Liam chews on his bottom lip, not a habit he does often, before nodding slowly, "I want to Zayn, I think we're ready, I know we haven't even really started planning the wedding, but I think we can do this" Liam mumbles. Zayn laughs lightly, nodding his head, "we already are doing it, with Arabella, but I think you're right" he chuckles, kissing Liam lightly when he pouts.

Zayn sits up to find his phone, quickly pressing on Doniya's contact, it rings three times before her voicemail picks up. Sighing Zayn listens to her outgoing message before he hears the beep, "Hey Dee, it's your little brother. Liam and I wanted to talk to you about what you and I talked about last week. So either call me back when you get this or just come to the apartment, we're home from America now. I love you, bye" he rambles into the phone before hanging up. Zayn puts his phone back on the nightstand, "she didn't answer, now can I nap" he pouts and Liam grins pulling Zayn back into his arms, as they lay down, and it only takes Zayn about thirty seconds to finally fall asleep, snuggled into Liam's chest, where he'd be lying if he said it wasn't his favourite way to sleep.

When Zayn wakes up a couple hours later he's alone in bed and can hear voices and Aurora barking, coming from the living room. Getting up Zayn slowly rubs at his eyes before he stumbles out of bed and makes his way towards the sounds. "Baba, you up" Bella cheers as she crashes into his knees, Zayn chuckles crouching to pull her into his arms, "I am, did you have a good nap?" he asks,pressing a kiss to her forehead. Bella nods excitedly as Aurora runs over, barking, Zayn laughs setting Bella down and patting the puppy's head as he does. When Zayn straightens up Bella giggles and runs over to the couch, diving up onto it, Zayn follows her path and sees her cuddled up to Doniya, "hey, look who's finally awake"Doniya teases, and Zayn rolls his eyes sticking his tongue out at his sister. Liam makes grabby hands from the other couch and Zayn moves quickly to snuggle up to his fiancé, "when did you get here?" Zayn asks, turning his attention to Doniya who shrugs. "About half an hour ago, Louis was just leaving from dropping off Aurora" Doniya explains, and Zayn nods, snuggling more into Liam "you said in your message to either call or come by, and I haven't seen my favourite niece, or brother in a while so I just came by" she adds. Zayn rolls his eyes as Bella giggles, "one, I'm your only brother, and two, she's your only niece" he points out and Doniya shrugs, "yes, but still my favourite" she teases, tickling Bella gently, making her giggle madly, as she attempts to pull away from her aunt. "Hey Princess, can you go play in your room, for a few minutes, Baba and I need to talk to Auntie Doniya" Liam says suddenly, and Zayn laughs as Bella pouts, before she runs out of the room Aurora hot on her heels.