Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four – Liam

Liam waits until Zayn is ready to head downstairs before he leads him back through his childhood home and into the living room where everyone is still sitting right where they left them all a few minutes earlier. Liam winces as they walk back into the room because he can still hear Bella screaming from his old bedroom, and he knows Zayn is uncomfortable. "It's okay" he murmurs into the younger's ear, and Zayn sighs nodding his head. Liam knows they decided to wait until they could hear that Bella had calmed down to go back up and try to talk to her, but he also can tell by Zayn's stance that his boyfriend wants to run back upstairs and tell Bella everything is okay, and she can come down and colour. Liam wants to do the same thing if he's honest, but they need to be a unified team on this, and Liam knows Zayn will stick to it in the end. With this in mind Liam takes a seat on the empty chair, pulling Zayn into his lap, as Ethan looks up from the game he's playing with James and Mason, "she alright?" he asks pointing up and cocking his head to the side. Liam chuckles nodding his head, "yeah, she's just upset with us" he answers gesturing to himself and Zayn, who sighs. Ethan nods and looks to Ruth "sounds like Kenzi, when you and Dad tell her no, Mum" he says and Ruth nods laughing slightly, while Kenzi whines from her spot, "heyy" the two and a half year old whines, while everyone else laughs lightly.

"Zayn, how does it feel to be done Uni?" Ruth asks suddenly, and Liam sends her a grateful smile, knowing his sister is attempting to distract Zayn. Zayn shrugs, "it's really great, I get to spend more time with Bella, and with him" he answers, gesturing with his thumb to Liam. "But I do end up working more, which kind of sucks" Zayn adds on and Ruth laughs lightly, "yeah when you're working in a job you don't necessarily want to do forever it can be hard" she answers and Liam watches as Zayn nods, grinning at her. "Uncle Liam?" Kenzi asks suddenly and Liam turns to look at her, "Kenzi get Bella in trouble?" she asks sadly, but Liam shakes his head, "oh no, sweets not at all" he murmurs, patting Zayn's hip to get him to let him up. Zayn understands instantly and hops out of his lap, so Liam can stand up, Zayn slumping back into the chair as soon as he does, continuing his conversation with Ruth, as Liam moves to sit beside his niece. "Kenzi, you did nothing wrong, you know that right?" Liam asks gently, but Kenzi shakes her head. "Didn't know Bella not allowed to colour" she mumbles in response and Liam sighs, nodding, "exactly, and normally she could have coloured with you, but Bella was naughty this morning, colouring on the floor. So Zayn took away her colours for a while" he explains. Kenzi pouts but nods, before just pointing up where you can still hear Bella, although she is getting quieter, and more calm, Liam notes. He sighs, "she's taking a moment to calm down, she isn't being very nice right now. But she'll be down soon and maybe you two can play something different, yeah?" Liam asks. Kenzi seems to be thinking before she nods her head, "okay Uncle Liam" she says quietly, leaning over to kiss his cheek. Liam grins and presses a kiss to her cheek in return, before standing and moving back to Zayn.

Zayn allows Liam to sit on his lap, snuggling into him slightly, "she alright?" Zayn asks gesturing around Liam to Kenzi, who has returned to her colouring, "yeah" Liam hums, "she just thought Bella was in trouble because of her" he explains, turning to see Zayn. Zayn frowns, shaking his head, "you told her that's not true, right" he asks and Liam smiles nodding, "yeah I explained it to her. She still feels bad though" he shrugs. Zayn nods then and gestures above them, "I think she's ready to talk to us again" he murmurs, and Liam listens carefully. You can no longer hear Bella at all, so he nods "I think you're right" he mumbles Zayn sighs and the pair stand up, to head back upstairs, Liam silently hopes she ready to apologize and they can put everything behind them for the rest of lunch at his parents'. They reach his old room and are stepping back inside in a matter of a minute, and Liam takes in the sight before him. Bella is slumped on the floor, looking up pitifully at them, there's dried tears and snot on her face, he watches as Zayn rushes towards her, deciding to stand back and let Zayn parent his daughter, unless he absolutely needs to step in. "Oh, Baby" Zayn coos, pulling her into his lap, and rocking her lightly, pressing kisses to her hair, "you're okay, Baba's got you, yeah" he murmurs. Bella whimpers burrowing into Zayn, before she pulls away, "Baba, I sorry. Bella sorry. Bella no more push, be mean to Baba" she rambles shaking her head. Zayn smiles gently, "I know baby, and you're forgiven, I love you so much" he murmurs, kissing her cheeks. Liam smiles at the scene before Bella is suddenly colliding with his legs, babbling apologies to him as well. Liam scoops her into his arms, "shh, you're okay. It's okay" he murmurs, rocking her gently.