Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five – Zayn

Three weeks later an exhausted Zayn is trying to pack a bag for Bella, he and Liam are finally taking Ruth up on her offer to have Bella over for a sleepover with Kenzi, so they can have a night to themselves. Zayn doesn't know what to send for her, Bella's never really spent a night away from him and he's struggling as he tries to decide how many outfits is too many. He can hear Arabella playing in the other room with Harry and Louis, and he's glad for his best friends, without them he thinks this whole single father thing would be almost impossible. Zayn turns his attention back to the small pink suitcase he's trying to pack, just as Louis saunters into the overly pink room, "what's the matter Zee?" he asks gently, perching on the edge of Bella's bed. Zayn shrugs holding up two pairs of pyjamas "how many do I send?" he asks seriously, making Louis laugh "how long is she staying?" he teases and Zayn groans tossing the pyjamas into the suitcase and sinking down to sit as well. "Is this a mistake?" Zayn asks, biting his lip and facing Louis, who makes a soothing sound, not unlike he would make to console Bella, "no, you need this. Bella will have fun and be fine, and you and Liam will have a good night" he assures Zayn. Zayn just nods still unsure if this is a good idea, he was all for it in the beginning, but now that it's actually happening he isn't so sure anymore, he doesn't like to be away from his baby girl, never really has if he's being honest. Louis pats his knee, "it will be okay, I promise. Now finish packing that bag of hers so you can come play" he says, standing up and leaving the room.

Zayn watches Louis leave before shaking his head and pulling a few outfits out of the dresser and packing them in the suitcase. He then tosses in a hairbrush, elastics, and Bella's toothbrush and toothpaste. Zayn grabs Bunny off her bed and tucks him into the suitcase as well, before deciding that's enough and zipping the suitcase closed. He leaves it in Arabella's room, and heads out to the living room where, Louis, Harry, and Bella are playing with her dolls, and ponies. "BABA!" Bella cheers as soon as she spots Zayn, "play?" she asks, holding up a doll for him, Zayn grins and takes it from her hands "sure baby" he murmurs, settling down on the floor beside her. Louis suddenly makes the doll he's holding jump onto the pony that Harry has, as Bella's eyes widen, "no Uncle Louis you play wrong" she yells, making the oldest man chuckle and remove his doll. Zayn and Harry both shake their heads laughing, "yeah Uncle Louis, play it right" Zayn teases, as Louis sticks his tongue out at him, and Harry attempts to stop laughing.

They play for another fifteen minutes before Bella decrees the game is over, "watch Elsa Baba" she whines, batting her eyelashes and sticking out her bottom lip. Zayn sighs and nods his head, "sure baby, just until Daddy gets here though, okay?" he reasons. Bella chews her lip and tilts her head to the side, "where going?" she asks curiously, as Harry finds Frozen and places it in the player, switching on the TV as he does. Zayn smiles brushing some of Bella's hair out of her face, he really needs to get her a haircut, "you're going to go visit Kenzi and her brothers, remember?" he asks. Bella bites her lip and nods slowly, "where you?" she asks quietly and Zayn sighs, biting his lip, "Daddy and I are going out for dinner, just us, while you play with Kenzi, and stay at Ruth's" he explains, as the opening sequence to the movie plays. Bella looks about to argue, maybe throw a fit but instead she shrugs, snuggling into his side as she starts to watch the movie playing on screen. Zayn sighs relieved, playing with her hair as she watches, maybe it won't go so bad after all.

They've made it all the way to the end of the movie before Liam arrives, he did text Zayn around the part where Elsa accidentally freezes Anna's heart to tell him, he might be late. Something about one of their partners at the office. Zayn wasn't too worried about it, enjoying the lazy afternoon with his baby girl. Zayn turns his head when he hears his footsteps, smiling wide when he sees Liam, still in his suit having come straight from work "hey" he murmurs. Liam smiles widely, "hi" he answers. Zayn chuckles as Bella shoots up at the sound of Liam's voice "Daddy!" she cheers, diving over the couch to get to him,  jumping from the back into Liam's arms before anyone can stop her. Zayn frowns shaking his head, "Arabella, please don't jump from the couch like that" he scolds. Bella pulls her face out of where she'd buried it in Liam's neck to look at Zayn, "Baba, I not" she says and Zayn groans, "I watched you, it's not safe. You could get hurt" he explains. Zayn watches as Bella pouts up at Liam who shakes his head, "Baba's right, Princess" he murmurs and she sighs, resting her head on Liam's shoulder "fine" she huffs. Zayn rolls his eyes, but knows it's the best he's going to get, so decides to let it go, he'd rather she was in a good mood when they drop her off at Ruth's anyways.