Chapter Ninety Four

Chapter Ninety Four – Liam

Liam's tired, he can't remember the last time he's had more than forty five minutes of continuous sleep in the two weeks since the twins have come home. He's trying to go over a new contract but he can't seem to focus on the words and he's suddenly irrationally jealous of Zayn, as his husband gets to stay at home with the kids all day, and can probably catch a nap when all three of them do. "Liam, you need to-" Elise starts, walking into his office, cutting herself off when she sees him half asleep on his desk, "no offense Boss, but you look like hell" she smirks, closing the office door behind her. Liam chuckles, looking up at his assistant, "I feel like it too" he mumbles, "but what do I need to do?" he asks. Elise eyes him for a minute before apparently deciding something "go home and get some rest, I'll get Niall to send the email" she says seriously. Liam shakes his head though, "I can't I need to be working. Not to mention I can't rest at home, because the twins seem to have decided that only one of them can be asleep at a time" he explains. Elise looks at him sympathetically before nodding her head, "alright then, you need to email these people, before the end of today, about the merge" she tells him dropping a sheet of paper onto his desk. Liam just manages to hold back a groan because it's a long list, "thanks Elise" he mumbles, before she nods and leaves him alone in the office.

Liam's finally finished and on his way home, he's more tired than he was earlier, and really just wants to go to sleep, but he also wants to see his husband and all three of his babies. He pulls into the driveway shutting off his car, making sure to lock it before he makes his way slowly inside. "Daddy" Bella shrieks as soon as he's inside, rushing up to him and wrapping her arms around his legs in a tight hug. Liam grins down at her "hey Princess I missed you. Did you have a good day?" Liam asks as he untangles her arms and manages to take off his coat and hang it up."Yeah Daddy. It's almost Christmas" Bella cheers her eyes lighting up and Liam chuckles nodding, "you've still got a few weeks Love. It's only the first of December" he chuckles. Although it was coming up fast, with he and Zayn getting married and the twins being born in November, time has been moving quickly ever since. "Where's Baba?" Liam asks carrying Bella up the stairs into the rest of the house, the three year old just shrugs gesturing vaguely around her "somewhere" she murmurs and Liam laughs, which turns into a yawn, "helpful" he teases, kissing her hair.

When Liam finally finds Zayn he's in the nursery changing Chloe, while Zack whimpers in his crib, "What's wrong Little Man?" Liam hums scooping the three week old infant into his arms. Zack instantly calming down slightly, "what's wrong is Baba only has two hands" Zayn hums, finishing up with Chloe and cuddling her to his chest. Liam gasps "is Baba not holding you while changing your sister? How mean" he teases, grinning when Zayn glares at him. "How was work? And where's Bella?" Zayn asks as he passes Chloe into Liam's other arm to tidy up the mess on the change table. "Work was busy, as always. Doesn't help I'm so tired I forget my own name most days. And Bella met me at the door and is now watching The Lion Guard, downstairs"Liam murmurs, gazing down at the two babies in his arms. Zayn nods and finishes what he's doing, "you okay with them, while I go get dinner ready? They've both eaten and been changed, so you should just get your Daddy cuddle time" Zayn explains. Liam chuckles nodding his head, "yeah go on. We'll be here" he murmurs, holding the twins a little closer and relaxing more into the rocking chair.

Not long after Zayn is gone Liam realizes that Zack has fallen asleep and decides to gently set him back into his crib, and spend some time cuddling just Chloe, who is still awake, and staring at him. Once he's carefully (and with difficulty) managed to get Zack into his bed, he sits back down with Chloe in his arms. "Did you have a good day with Baba and your brother, Princess?" Liam coos, knowing he won't get an answer from the baby beyond a yawn and a blink of her blue eyes, which are rapidly changing colour, becoming darker. What Liam doesn't expect is a whimpered "no" before small footsteps run away and he hears a door slam a moment later up the hall. Liam furrows his eyebrows confused, wondering what just happened, when Zayn walks back into the nursery, "why is Bella slamming her bedroom door?" he asks, slowly. Liam shrugs and sets a now sleeping Chloe down carefully in her own crib, "I didn't even know she was upstairs" he murmurs, kissing Zayn's jaw. Zayn nods, "she came up to see you, but then I heard her running and her door slam" he explains. Liam just shrugs, not really having a clue, because honestly he's tired, and wants to just change and have dinner. So he goes to his and Zayn's room to do the first part, changing out of his suit and into a pair of sweatpants and a loose hoodie.