Chapter Ninety Six

Chapter Ninety Six – Liam

Liam's carrying three large boxes, with Elise trailing behind him when he finally makes it home, from picking stuff up at the office. He can hear Zayn talking to who sounds like Trisha and Liam smiles at the thought of his mother in law coming to visit the babies. "Where are we going with all this?" Elise asks as she adjusts her hold on the two boxes she's carrying, Elise had insisted she come and help Liam get everything settled in his home office, before returning to the main office. Although Liam's pretty sure she just wanted to see the babies. "Right down here" Liam tells her gesturing with his head towards the stairs that lead down into the basement, where the playroom and two offices are. The pair head down into the basement and drop the boxes just inside his office door, "alright where are we putting everything?" Elise asks but Liam chuckles shaking his head at her. "I'll handle this, you go upstairs, and find Zayn and the twins" he laughs, Elise grins sheepishly, "you know huh?" she mumbles and Liam nods laughing, "I've known since you offered to help. It's fine, just go but it sounds like Zayn's mum is here too" he explains. Elise grins before she's rocketing back up the stairs and Liam can hear her greeting Zayn a few moments later.

Liam decides after fifteen minutes that he'll start actually organizing everything and working tomorrow, although he also knows that Bella will be home as well and work might be difficult with the energetic three year old around. Liam sighs to himself as he makes his way upstairs and into the living room where he finds Zayn curled into a chair reading as Trisha snuggles Zack to her as she coos nonsense at the boy, and Elise cuddles Chloe, with a fond smile on her face. "Hey" Liam murmurs making his presence known, Zayn jumps, looking up from his book, "hey, you done already?" Zayn asks, but Liam shakes his head. "I'll do it tomorrow, I'm going to just relax today" he answers watching as his husband nods, and sets his book aside, before he makes grabby hands for Liam, who chuckles but moves to sit on his lap. "Hello Trisha, how are you?" Liam asks as he settles into Zayn's chest, Trisha smiles up at them before her focus is back on the baby in her arms, "I've been good Liam, thank you" she hums and Liam nods as Zayn tightens his arms around him, pulling Liam closer into him. "Your lovely assistant was telling me you're going to be working from here now" Trisha asks, looking up from Zack again. Liam just nods at first, "yeah, this way I can get a little extra sleep and still see all three of our babies during the day. It's only temporary though" he explains, watching as his mother in law nods her head in understanding. "We are going to miss you around the office though Liam" Elise murmurs a few minutes later and Liam nods, 'I'll miss you guys too, but now you'll have an excuse to come and see the babies" he teases and Elise rolls her eyes.

They sit in a comfortable silence for twenty minutes longer, the only sounds being the two women cooing quietly to the babies in their arms, Elise finally sighs, standing to her feet and pouting as she passes Chloe over to Liam. "I should be getting back to work, but it was great to see you Zayn, and meet you Trisha" Elise explains, Zayn waves from under Liam and Trisha nods smiling, Liam grins before standing up and passing a sleeping Chloe down to Zayn. "I'll walk you out" he murmurs following his assistant back to the front entrance, "thanks, for helping me move the stuff here" Liam says and Elsie nods, "anytime Boss. Enjoy being home" she teases before disappearing back outside to her car. Liam waits until she's pulled back out of the driveway before he closes the door and turns to make his way back towards the living room, he's stopped by Aurora whimpering at him and he chuckles, "do you need to go out?" he asks, the dog barking excitedly in response and running towards the back door. Liam chuckles before following after her and opening the sliding door to let her into the fenced back yard, where he watches Aurora run around in circles for a few minutes.

Liam jumps when he feels arms wrap around his waist, turning to find Zayn resting his head on his shoulder, "your mum leave?" Liam hums and Zayn nods, "yeah, and the twins are in their swings, sleeping" he murmurs. Liam grins and turns to face Zayn, his arms wrapping around his husband's waist "so what I'm hearing is we're alone right now?" Liam asks making Zayn laugh, while shaking his head, "if you call having two infants who could wake up screaming at any moment alone, then yes we are alone" Zayn mumbles, burying his face in Liam's chest, as Liam tightens his arms around him. "I just want to cuddle and take a nap" Liam coos and Zayn looks up at him grinning, "that, we can do" he hums, before pulling out of Liam's arms, Liam pouts at him, before following him towards the stairs. When he gets to their bedroom Zayn is already flopped across the mattress, chuckling Liam crawls up behind him and pulls Zayn back into his chest, "I love you" he murmurs, Zayn snuggles back against him "I love you too" Zayn murmurs before Liam allows himself to fall asleep.