Chapter One Hundred Seventeen

Chapter One Hundred Seventeen – Zayn

Zayn groans and swats blindly at Liam beside him, as a phone blares to life waking him up in the sunlit room, a few days later. "Li, answer your damn phone" he grumbles, squinting his eyes closed against the bright light of the sun, cursing them both for not closing the curtains in the hotel suite the night before. "That's your phone" Liam answers shoving his head underneath his pillow and Zayn groans as he moves to find the device, his body aches, but not in a bad way, more in a way that says that he and Liam made love three times the night before. Zayn finds his phone half under Liam's pillow and seeing that the caller ID says 'Home' answers quickly. "Mum? Is everything okay?" Zayn says quickly, as Liam jolts up beside him a look of worry on his handsome face. "Everything is fine Zayn, relax" Trisha laughs into the phone and Zayn sags a little in relief, his free hand reaching for Liam's to wind their fingers together. "Okay so if everything is fine, why are you calling so early?" Zayn groans and hears his mum laugh through the phone. "Zayn it's hardly early it's almost two in the afternoon" Trisha points out and Zayn frowns, "sorry, we had a late night. What's up?" he asks. Trisha sighs "somebody misses you" she murmurs and Zayn pouts, "put her on the phone and I'll put mine on speaker so she can talk to both of us" he answers, running a hand through his hair, before pulling his phone away from his ear and pressing speaker.

"Baba?" Bella's quiet voice asks and Zayn smiles, "yeah Boo" he murmurs, "Baba, I miss you. Come home?" Bella asks. Zayn pouts at how sad she sounds and looks desperately at Liam, who looks just as upset, "Princess, we'll be home in two days, can you hang on until then?" Liam asks. Zayn can hear Bella moving around as she contemplates her answer, "but I miss you Daddy" she finally mumbles. "I know Bella, and we miss you too" Liam hums, "then come home" she whimpers and Zayn wants to start packing their suitcases and change their flight home to today, at the sound of her voice. "Arabella, what happened. Love. Why do you sound so sad?" Zayn asks gently, and he can hear Bella sniffle lightly, "Grandma doesn't read the stories right, and the macaroni is wrong, and Zack and Chloe pull my hair, and-" Bella starts to list off, and Zayn and Liam share a fond look. "Okay Bella-Bug, I get it" Zayn coos, "so you have to come home" Bella insists, but Zayn just sighs, "we'll be home in two days, Baby Girl, but in the meantime, can you be Baba's big girl and help Grandma?" he asks. Bella sighs, and Zayn knows she's rolling her eyes at him, "yeah. I'm a big girl" she mumbles finally. "That's my girl" Zayn hums. "Bella?" Liam asks, "yeah, Daddy?" Bella answers quickly, "you know how much we love you, right?" he asks. Bella giggles then, and Zayn can practically see her nodding, "all the way past the moon"she giggles. Zayn can't help but laugh at that, "that's right" Zayn hums. "I miss you" Bella whines again. Zayn frowns "I miss you too Boo. And I promise Daddy and I will be home soon, but you need to help Grandma with Zack and Chloe for a couple more days,okay?" Zayn asks. The phone is quiet before Bella sighs "okay Baba. I love you" she chimes. "I love you too" Zayn echos, "bring presents" Bella adds and Zayn can hear her smirk, "we'll see" Liam answers this time. "Grandma says I have to go, bye Baba. Bye Daddy" Bella chimes, "bye Bella" Liam and Zayn say together before there's a shuffling on the phone.

Zayn hangs up a moment later after saying goodbye to his mum, and turns to pout at Liam, "I miss my babies" he mumbles and Liam chuckles, "I miss them too Zee. But we'll be home soon" he coos, leaning over to kiss Zayn lightly. Zayn has to admit though that he feels well rested and relaxed, more than he has since before Bella was born if he's being honest with himself, and he's grateful that he and Liam were able to do this together. He's always wanted to see Barcelona and they've been spending their days exploring the city, and the nights exploring each other's bodies. Zayn has to admit the constant sex has been a real perk to this vacation and he knows once they get home, it will be less often. But Zayn also knows that he won't mind not having sex with Liam everyday once they're home, because he'll be busy with their babies again. "So what are we doing today?" Zayn asks, as he pushes himself out of bed, grimacing as he stretches out his sore limbs, "I was thinking we could just relax by the pool today" Liam hums and Zayn nods, that actually sounds nice. "I'm starving" Zayn groans and Liam chuckles, "well it is well after lunch, and we had quite the workout before bed" he winks, Zayn throws a sock at him, and Liam laughs loudly. "Get dressed and we can go and find some lunch" Liam hums, climbing from the bed as well, and Zayn takes a moment to take his husband in. Liam's still naked from last night's activities, and Zayn can never get enough of his husband's naked form, the man's muscles are more than impressive, and Zayn lets his eyes wander over his six pack before they dart back up to his face when Liam clears his throat. "Like what you see?" Liam asks and Zayn nods slowly, chuckling Liam pushes into Zayn's space, kissing at his neck, which makes Zayn whimper slightly. Zayn pouts when Liam pulls away and starts pulling on a pair of jeans, "if we start now, we'll never get food" Liam chuckles and Zayn makes a face but starts getting dressed again.

Zayn's eyes narrow in on his husband where he's leaning against the bar by the pool, he'd gone to get them a couple drinks, leaving Zayn to lay on his lounge chair in the sun. But that was ten minutes ago and it's really not that busy at the bar, Zayn watches as Liam laughs that laugh that scrunches up his whole face, the one that Zayn loves, as the bartender says something to him. Objectively she is pretty, and Zayn knows Liam's just being polite, but when his hand reaches out to brush over the girl's arm Zayn almost dives out of his chair to go and get his husband. Last he checked Liam didn't even like girls, so what the hell is he doing flirting openly with the one currently mixing their drinks. Groaning Zayn squeezes his eyes closed against the image before him, before he angrily flips himself around on the chair so he's facing the pool again and can no longer see the bar or his husband. A kind looking older woman smiles at him gently as she passes and Zayn resists the urge to just scream, because the look is pitying as if she knew what he was looking at and what's going through his head at the moment. Liam's returning a couple minutes later and passing Zayn a pink, slushy drink, that he knows will be the perfect amount of sweet and offer him some much needed alcohol.

Liam furrows his eyebrows in confusion when Zayn doesn't say anything, just sips his drink and watches the pool, but Zayn's trying to decide if he wants to confront him right now, or just ignore him until he's squirming and begging Zayn to talk to him. Zayn decides on the second option and drops his sunglasses over his eyes, as he sips at the delicious, cool beverage in his hand. "Everything okay, Zayn?" Liam asks, scooting his chair closer to Zayn's own, and Zayn just nods, taking another long, slow, sip of his drink. Liam makes an unconvinced sound but Zayn knows he's not going to push it, not right here. A part of Zayn feels guilty as he lets his eyes dart over to Liam, this is supposed to be their honeymoon after all, but then his eyes flick to the pretty bartender who is still eyeing Liam from her spot behind the bar, and the guilt dissipates quickly.

It's two drinks, and forty five minutes, of Liam practically ignoring Zayn in favour of the bartender later that Zayn's finally had enough, Liam's back at the bar, openly flirting once again, as he waits for their drinks to be made. Zayn growls in the back of his throat before he gets up out of his chair and stalks back inside the hotel, slamming his fist against the elevator. "Are you alright dear?" the same older woman from before asks, as she stops, no doubt taking in Zayn's agitated state, he smiles tightly at her, "yes, um yeah I'm fine, just too much sun" he lies easily. The woman smiles at him again and nods, before she continues on her way wherever she was going. Zayn dives into the elevator and presses the button for their floor, before he sags against the back wall in defeat, he needs Liam, needs him with every fibre of his being, not to mention their three babies, waiting for them back at home. Zayn can feel the tears threatening to spill over as he heads out of the elevator towards their room, but it's not until he's throwing himself face down onto their hotel room bed that he lets the tears fall, the vision of Liam, his Liam, his husband, openly flirting with a woman, right in front of him, replaying over and over again in his mind, until he falls into a restless sleep, tear stains on his cheeks.