Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One – Zayn

"Arabella Trisha Malik, where are you?" Zayn calls, as he looks around the apartment, he and Bella have been playing hide and seek all morning, but now they need to get going and Bella is apparently winning this round as she is nowhere to be found. Zayn knows she's still in the apartment, that she has to be here somewhere, he just can't quite figure out where, and it wouldn't normally be an issue, except they're supposed to meet Liam and his mum for lunch in twenty five minutes. "Bella, please. Baba gives up, you win" Zayn tries, he hears giggling, and spins as he tries to find the direction it's coming from. Harry and Louis both snicker at him from the couch, "do you two know where she is?" he asks, arching an eyebrow at his best friends, Louis nods while Harry grins,"and where is she?" Zayn asks, when neither offers any information. Harry just chuckles again while Louis shakes his head,"now that wouldn't be in the spirit of the game, Zayn" he teases. Zayn rolls his eyes, "I hate you" he mutters as he checks behind the couch, and inside the entertainment centre one more time. She's not there, and Zayn knows she isn't there because he's checked, twice already, but he's running out of ideas, there's a knock at the door and Zayn changes course to answer it. When he opens the door Liam is stood there, grinning at him, looking amazing in a pair of jeans and a tight fitting t-shirt, "hey" Liam greets, stepping inside and kissing Zayn lightly, "you ready?" he asks. Zayn bites his lip,"about that, Bella and I were playing hide and seek. And she's better at it than me today, and I can't find her" he mumbles.

Liam laughs, loudly at this information, "you lost your own daughter, in your own apartment?"he asks, Zayn pouts, but nods his head, he's completely aware of how ridiculous this whole thing sounds. "Do Louis and Harry know where she is?" Liam asks, and Zayn groans, glaring at his friends, "yes, but they won't tell me" he mumbles. Liam chuckles and pulls Zayn closer to his side as they head more into the living room, Liam scans the room quickly, before frowning, "Bella?" he calls. Zayn bites his lip as he waits, then he hears it, a crashing sound followed by running footsteps as Bella comes charging into the room from the kitchen, and crashes into Liam's legs. "Daddy!" she cheers as she makes contact and Zayn watches Liam laugh and reach down to scoop her up. "Where were you?" Zayn asks, confused, looking around the apartment, Bella shakes her head at Zayn, "can't tell, Uncle Louis helped hide. I good hider" she giggles. Zayn rolls his eyes, looking to his best friend where he's snuggling Harry on the couch,"where did you put her?" he asks, but Louis shakes his head, "if I tell you, she can't hide there next time. I promise it was perfectly safe" he explains. Zayn shakes his head, "whatever" he mutters, he's fully aware he's pouting and throwing a mini fit, but he honestly doesn't care.

Liam wrapping his arm around Zayn's waist and Bella climbing onto his back, snaps Zayn out of his thoughts, "Baba, we go now?" Bella asks sweetly. Zayn sighs and nods his head, "yeah I guess we better" he murmurs, leaning instinctively into Liam, who presses a kiss to his jaw. "Have fun, you guys" Louis calls as Zayn reaches back to support Bella and make his way towards the door, "Thanks Lou. Try not to destroy the whole apartment" Zayn replies and Louis rolls his eyes. "Bye Uncle Louis, Uncle Harry" Bella cheers, waving at them as Zayn walks away. Zayn doesn't hear their response because they're already out in the hall by the time it comes. Zayn glances to Liam to see him adjusting his hold on Bella's backpack, and Zayn's not entirely sure when he picked it up."What?" Liam asks suddenly and Zayn shakes his head, as Bella pats at his shoulders, "nothing" Zayn murmurs, carefully swinging Bella down until her feet touch the floor. "I can take that" Zayn says reaching for the red backpack, but Liam shakes his head, pulling it away from his reach, "I got this Zayn" he murmurs, leading them into the elevator.

Zayn frowns when they pull up to an expensive looking restaurant twenty minutes later, turning to look at Liam with his eyebrows furrowed, "I thought we were just meeting your mum for a simple lunch?" he asks. Liam chuckles, "we are, it's not so bad at lunch time, and it's Mum's favourite restaurant" he explains. Zayn isn't entirely convinced by his story but decides it doesn't matter as he climbs out of the car to unbuckle a very bouncy Bella from her seat. Zayn pulls his daughter into his arms, feeling a lot more secure once he has her, but she shakes her head,"no Baba, down" she whines, squirming in his arms until he sets her feet on the pavement. Zayn pouts when she dashes towards Liam as soon as he steps around the car, reaching up towards him, so the older man will pick her up. Liam reaches down to do so, before stepping closer to Zayn, he must notice Zayn's pout because he frowns, "what's wrong?" Liam asks concerned. Zayn shrugs, because it's silly and he knows it's silly. "Don't worry about it, let's not keep your mum waiting" Zayn mumbles, before walking away from his boyfriend. He hears Liam following him, and Bella chattering happily in his ear.