Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Seventy Eight – Liam

"Niall, I don't know?" Liam sighs as he leans back in the chair in Niall's office, it's been almost a week since Sadie following him and Zayn and he's just finished telling Niall about all of it, including him and Zayn having another baby. "Think about it Li, you get her followed, find out what she's planning, cut her off at the pass before she has a chance to do whatever she is planning" Niall explains. Liam groans, dropping his head into his hands, "but isn't that dangerous?" he asks and Niall shrugs, "not anymore dangerous than waiting for her to come to you" he murmurs. "I just don't think Zayn will like it" Liam mumbles and Niall nods knowingly, coming out from behind his desk to rest a hand on Liam's shoulders, "then we don't tell him" he murmurs. Liam arches an eyebrow at Niall, he can't just not tell Zayn, because once his fiancé finds out, he's going to be pissed, "Ni, I can't just not tell him" he mumbles and Niall shrugs, "why not? I'm not saying hide it from him forever, just until you know what she's up to" he urges. Liam groans again looking up at Niall, "I don't know how things work with you and Josh, but I don't lie to Zayn, I can't" he murmurs. Niall smiles gently, patting Liam's shoulder gently, "it's not necessarily lying Li, just think about it, and let me know so I can call my guy" he says. Liam just groans again, "about that, how do you have a guy I don't know about?" Liam asks, ignoring the part about Zayn. Niall just laughs loudly "there's a lot you don't know about me Payne" he chuckles. Liam just shakes his head before leaving Niall's office to go back to his own he has a lot of work to finish.

Liam's mind is still racing when he gets home, a little later than usual, he's greeted by Bella calling him from the table, where she and Zayn are sitting to eat. "Hey, sorry I'm late" Liam hums bending down to kiss Zayn, who responds instantly, chasing his lips when Liam pulls away. Liam chuckles as he straightens to see Bella pouting at him, "why so grumpy?" he asks leaning over to kiss the top of her head, which makes her giggle, "not grumpy Daddy" she laughs and Liam nods, moving towards the microwave to pull out his plate, which is still warm enough he doesn't need to reheat it. When he comes back to the table he notices Arabella staring Zayn down, while his fiancé just looks back at her with one eyebrow raised, "Daddy, tell Baba no, not eat it" Bella insists, Liam chuckles as he takes his seat, "not eat what?" he asks, scooping some of his own dinner onto his fork, "her vegetables" Zayn answers. Liam shakes his head, and turns to the toddler, "you need to eat your vegetables Princess, look Daddy's eating his" he urges taking a large bite of his own vegetables. Bella makes a face at him, before pushing her plate away and crossing her arms, "no" she mumbles turning her stare from Zayn to Liam. "You're missing out" Liam sings and Bella shakes her head, "not eat it" she insists and Zayn sighs setting down his fork, "c'mon then" he urges pulling Bella into his arms, even as she fights him, "be right back Li" Zayn mumbles before he and Bella are both gone from the room. Liam watches where they disappeared for a moment before shaking his head and returning to his dinner.

Zayn returns alone a few minutes later and Liam arches an eyebrow at him, "she's in her room, I told her she could either come and eat her dinner or sit in there until we're done. She chose to stay in her room" Zayn explains. Liam nods in understanding as he takes another bite, "you alright? You seem distracted" Zayn asks and Liam sighs shaking his head, "nah I'm fine, just work stuff" he mumbles, avoiding bringing up the conversation he had with Niall ,because he's not sure how Zayn will react to it, and he's not sure he's going to agree yet. They finish their dinner in a comfortable silence after that, and Liam's happy for it as it gives him a chance to organize his thoughts. When they finish Zayn takes both their plates to the kitchen and Liam stands up, "I'm going to go set Bella free, that okay?" he asks and Zayn nods, as he loads the dishwasher, Liam presses a kiss to his head as he passes and then makes his way towards the bedrooms. He finds Bella sat on her bed pouting when he pushes open the door, "hey Princess, Baba and I are done dinner, you can come back out now" he murmurs but she shakes her head at him. "Why not princess?" Liam hums coming to sit beside her, careful not to bump his head on the top part of her bed, "Baba mad at Bella" she insists, throwing herself into Liam's lap. Liam furrows his eyebrows confused, because as far as he could tell Zayn was never angry, just enforcing the rules, "Baba's not mad Love, you just need to eat your dinner, that's all" Liam coos. Bella shakes her head, "no, Baba mad" she insists. Liam sighs pulling her into his arms as he stands up, "let's go ask him then" he says as he carries Bella out of her room and back towards the kitchen.