Chapter One Hundred Thirty

Chapter One Hundred Thirty – Liam

"Turn it off Zee" Liam groans as Zayn's alarm blares to life on his nightstand, just over a month and a half after the twins' birthday. Zayn grumbles something unintelligible before he pushes himself off of Liam's chest so he's sitting up, making Liam whine. "No can do Li, I have to get ready for work, and get the kids ready to go to school and daycare" Zayn murmurs, carding his fingers through Liam's hair, in an attempt to soothe him awake. Liam groans again but pushes himself up to sit as well, "oh yeah today's your first day back at work. How you feeling about it?" he asks as he yawns. Zayn shrugs, "I feel fine about the teaching part, but a little less fine about leaving our babies at daycare" he answers, Liam nods his agreement, "they both loved it every time we visited, it will be okay, Zee" he murmurs, leaning over to peck Zayn's cheek. "Are you going back to the office today?" Zayn asks as he moves to get out of bed. Liam shrugs in response, "I might, for part of the day, I'm not going back full time until next week though" he answers. Zayn just nods before he disappears into their ensuite bathroom and Liam hears the water in the shower come on moments later.

Liam just lays in bed for a few more minutes before he gets up as well, pulling on a t-shirt and a pair of sweats over the boxers he slept in. He makes his way across to the nursery where Zack pops up making grabby hands at him as soon as he hears the door. "Hey Bubba, you all ready for your big day?" Liam hums, pulling the one year old into his arms. Zack just nods, resting his head on Liam's shoulder, and Liam knows the cuddle will only last as far as the bottom of the stairs, but he's enjoying it, while it lasts. "Should we make everyone breakfast?" Liam hums as he steps into the kitchen to flip on the coffee maker, Zack just nods before he wriggles, wanting to get down. Liam chuckles and places the boy on his feet, where he mumbles something and toddles away towards the living room. Liam shakes his head as he watches him go, before he turns his attention to making pancakes for everyone's first day back at school, after Christmas holidays, or just the first day in general.

Zayn comes back down, dressed ready to teach and Liam smiles turning his head to kiss Zayn's lips as the younger wraps his arms around his waist from behind. "Where's Zack?" he hums and Liam points towards the living room, "I'm assuming playing, in there, but he is Zack, so he's probably actually getting into things he shouldn't be" Liam hums. Zayn chuckles, pressing a kiss to Liam's neck that makes him shiver, before he pulls away, "I'll go get him, get him dressed and get the girls up and dressed, while you finish this?" he asks. Liam nods "sounds good to me" he murmurs before Zayn pulls away and Liam watches him walk away to go find Zack before he turns his attention back to the breakfast he's making.

"Daddy, do I have to go to school?" Bella asks, slumping into the kitchen still in her pyjamas a few minutes later. "I thought you liked school?" Liam asks confused, turning away from his pancakes to give the girl his full attention. "but 'm sleepy" she mumbles and Liam chuckles, "you have a few more minutes Princess, you can eat, then get dressed, I'm sure you'll be more awake by then" he hums, stepping closer to kiss her head. Bella whines but doesn't argue, just let's her head drop to the table, and Liam wonders briefly what she's going to be like as a teenager. He doesn't have long to dwell on it because the smell of burning makes him whip around to tend to his pancakes again.

Zayn comes down with both Zack and Chloe, a few minutes after Bella, the twins dressed for the day in some of the outfits they got for Christmas, Zack's a Batman t-shirt, Chloe's a Wonder Woman one. They're both wearing little jeans and Liam can't help but coo, because they both look so adorable. "Dada" Chloe calls,  reaching for him, and Liam chuckles turning away from his cooking to take her into his arms. "You look nice today Chloe. Did you have a good sleep?" Liam asks. Chloe just nods in response, cuddling into Liam's chest. Liam smiles fondly, kissing her head as he carefully flips the pancakes with the arm not supporting her. "Baba, no" Zack whines behind him and Liam knows Zayn's just put the boy into his highchair. "Zack, yes" Zayn mocks as he moves to get both the twins a sippy cup of milk, passing Zack his, which makes the boy stop whining about being trapped as he takes a sip. "Hey Tiny Dancer, do you want to come sit, and have a drink?" Zayn hums, holding out the Minnie Mouse cup for her, Chloe looks at Zayn before she presses a sloppy kiss to Liam's cheek and leans towards Zayn, for him to take her to her high chair beside her brother's.