Chapter Ninety Two

Chapter Ninety Two – Liam

Liam can't stop smiling he knows he should be getting some sleep while he can, but he can't make himself sit down and rest, his eyes flit to Zayn, where his younger husband is curled into a chair asleep. Liam then looks to Doniya, where his sister in law is asleep in the hospital bed, having fallen asleep not long after the twins had been born. A small cry from one of the bassinets makes Liam turn and take the few steps to scoop up his tiny daughter before she can wake up either Zayn or Doniya. Chloe Karen Malik-Payne, was the smaller of the two, weighing only five pounds two ounces. She had a full head of shocking black hair already, and Liam hopes she keeps it, "aw what's wrong Love?" Liam hums and Chloe cries a little more, Zayn stirs slightly and Liam hums to the infant before she can wake him up. "Shh Little One, Daddy's here" Liam hums, unbuttoning a few buttons on his shirt, and sitting down in a chair to snuggle the baby to his chest. Chloe snuggles into him as soon as he sets her on his chest and Liam feels his smile widen slightly at his second baby girl, "already a Daddy's girl" Zayn murmurs, standing beside the chair with Zack nestled in his arms. Liam smiles up at him, "she just wanted a snuggle. I didn't mean to wake you up" he murmurs. Zayn shakes his head, "you didn't, Zack was fussing and I woke up, and scooped him up before he woke up Dee" he explains.

Liam watches as Zayn settles into the other chair, reaching for a bottle for the still fussing Zack, who at five pounds nine ounces was just slightly bigger than his sister, Zackary Yaser Malik-Payne was also fifteen minutes older than his sister. So far his features seemed to favour Liam although they had yet to see either twins' eyes. Liam honestly couldn't be happier right now and he feels like his family is complete as he watches his husband feed their son. Chloe stirs a little on his chest and Liam looks down to see her mouthing at his collar bone, "oh Love Bug that won't help you, give Daddy a moment" Liam coos reaching for another bottle and shaking it up, before he readjusts his hold on Chloe and holds the nipple of the bottle near her mouth. He smiles when she latches on and starts sucking quickly, "slow down baby girl, you'll get a tummy ache" Liam coos, as he watches his daughter eating. Before his gaze flicks across the room to where Doniya is pushing herself to sit up "hey we didn't mean to wake you up" Liam murmurs, as Zayn stands up to burp a now finished Zack, "oh you didn't I need to pee" Doniya laughs and Liam nods, adjusting Chloe a little. "Do you need help?" Zayn asks setting Zack back in his bassinet, but Doniya shakes her head, "no I'll be fine" she murmurs climbing slowly from the bed.

"Do you want to hold her?" Liam asks, as he finishes burping Chloe and holds her out to Doniya who has just emerged from the bathroom in her hospital room. Doniya smiles, as she nods and reaches out to take the now sleeping infant into her arms, Liam can't help the large smile that spreads across his face as he watches her coo at the tiny baby in her arms. Zayn is suddenly in Liam's space, crowding into him and climbing into his lap, on the chair that the nurses swear turns into a bed, but neither Liam or Zayn can figure out how. "Hey" Liam murmurs,pressing a kiss to Zayn's jaw, "hey" Zayn responds snuggling into Liam's chest where Chloe was not long before, "you happy?" Liam asks, and Zayn nods, "so happy, you?" he asks. Liam grins, nodding his head, "the happiest" he answers "we got married and had our babies on the same day" he adds and Zayn smiles, shaking his head, "technically the twins weren't born until after midnight, so it wasn't the same day" he chuckles and Liam sighs shaking his head, "fine close enough though" he murmurs, wrapping his arms a little tighter around Zayn,, watching as Doniya gently slips the sleeping Chloe back into her bassinet, which is pushed directly against Zack's.

Liam's not sure when they fell asleep, but sunlight coming into the hospital room and the sounds of several people entering the room makes Liam jolt upright in his chair. The nurse laughs lightly at him as Doniya giggles, "just checking on everyone" the kind older woman murmurs, her hands never stopping from what they're doing as she checks over the twins. Liam nods, yawning and stretching his arms over his head, getting up to move to the bathroom, he really wishes he had something other than the tux he got married in, to be wearing today. When he comes out of the bathroom he notices the nurse is gone, he also notices for the first time that Zayn is also missing. "Where's Zayn?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows and Doniya laughs lightly, "I think he went to get coffees" she murmurs and Liam nods, pouting slightly. Doniya laughs again shaking her head at him, "he'll be back in a couple minutes, why don't you snuggle one of your babies while you wait" she teases. Liam pouts again but moves quickly to the bassinets scooping both of the twins into his arms carefully, cuddling them both to him as he sits down again.