Chapter One Hundred Three

Chapter One Hundred Three –Zayn

Zayn frowns as he rocks Zack in his arms, glancing quickly towards where Chloe is still sleeping, in her bouncy chair, he can hear Liam down in his office working, which he had promised he wouldn't do for the first week he was back. It's only been three days since he got home, but Zayn almost feels like he never came home, other than he's in bed with him every night. There was a huge issue that Zayn still doesn't understand at the office and Liam has been spending every waking minute trying to reverse the damage both from his home office and the actual office. Zayn understands that whatever this is could potentially be catastrophic for Payne Industries, but at the same time he misses his husband, and wants to spend some time with him. Zack starts cooing to him and Zayn smiles, "yeah, and then what happened Bub?" he hums, grinning when Zack turns his head and starts sucking on the edge of Zayn's sleeve, Zayn's also really glad today was a day Bella has Preschool, so she's off playing and learning for the next few hours, which gives Zayn a chance to get some stuff done around the house when the twins sleep, but the twins rarely sleep at the same time. Zayn frowns when his phone rings beside him on the couch, reaching out he answers it without looking at the screen.

"Hello...?" Zayn asks his attention still very much on his babies, "hey Zayn" Louis answers enthusiastically and Zayn rolls his eyes, "hey Lou, what's up?" he murmurs. "Your husband still working like a madman?" Louis asks and Zayn rolls his eyes, "yeah, I can hear him downstairs, he sounds angry" he murmurs, switching Zack's position so his little man could no longer slobber all over his sleeve. "In that case do you and the babies want to come and get some lunch?" Louis asks and Zayn can hear the hopeful tone to his voice. Zayn bites his lip thinking, before he makes up his mind, "yeah, I think I need to get out of the house for a bit, where are we going?" he answers. Louis squeals, actually squeals making Zayn snort, "you alright there Lou?" Zayn teases, "yeah, I'm fine. Want to just go to Nandos?" Louis asks. Zayn grins, "sure I'll meet you there. Is Harry coming?" he asks, but can practically hear Louis shaking his head at him, "not this time Haz is working" Louis answers slowly. Zayn frowns his best friend sounds off and he hasn't seen Louis and Harry together since New Years which is odd, because even before they were actually dating, then engaged, they were inseparable. "Everything alright Lou?" Zayn murmurs "it's fine Zayn, really. Harry's just been working a lot lately, and I dunno, I'm lonely I guess" Louis mumbles. Zayn nods, even though Louis can't see him, "I get that Lou, but you guys will find a balance. I promise" he hums. Louis chuckles "I know, it just sucks. But I'll see you in half an hour?" he asks and Zayn agrees before they both hang up. Zayn turns his attention to Zack in his arms, "we're gonna go see Uncle Louis, let's go tell Daddy we're leaving, yeah?" Zayn asks the infant who just gurgles at him.

Zayn checks on Chloe one more time, seeing her still sleeping peacefully in her chair before he carefully carries Zack down the stairs towards the basement where he knows Liam is. "...I don't care who's fault it actually is, if this isn't fixed by midnight tonight everybody's fired" Liam shouts before he slams the receiver down on the desk, startling Zack in Zayn's arms. "How's it going Babe?" Zayn murmurs, handing Zack to Liam when he makes grabby hands towards the pair as soon as he sees them "how do you think it's going" Liam mutters, kissing Zack's head. "I'm sorry Li, you'll get it figured out" Zayn murmurs, leaning over to kiss his husband, Liam just sighs nodding "I really hope so Zee" he mumbles cuddling Zack close to him. Zayn smiles sadly at him "Louis just called, he wants me and the babies to come have lunch with him, but I can tell him I can't if you need me here" Zayn says leaning onto Liam's shoulders. Liam shakes his head, "no, you go with Lou. I'm close to figuring this all out and I need to call Niall" he answers, he sounds distracted and Zayn really hopes he does get everything sorted out and soon. "Okay, I'll bring you back some lunch" Zayn murmurs, leaning down to catch Liam's lips in a kiss, frowning when his husband kisses back distractedly. When they pull apart Zayn watches as Liam kisses Zack's forehead, "be good Bubba" he hums before passing him back to Zayn, "I love you" Zayn murmurs, Liam looks up and smiles at him, one of the first real smiles Zayn's seen in days, "I love you too Zee. I promise once this is figured out I'll be all yours for two weeks" he murmurs. Zayn just nods, smiling at his husband before heading back upstairs.