Chapter One Hundred Nine

One Hundred Nine – Zayn

"Arabella Trisha Malik-Payne, if you're not down here getting your boots on to go to school, by the time I count to five, I'm cancelling your birthday party tomorrow" Zayn calls up the stairs as he checks the time again on his phone. At this rate they're going to be late for preschool, and he has no idea where his daughter is. There's a gasp and loud, thumping footsteps, before Bella appears before him, pouting up at him as she bats her eyelashes. Zayn just shakes his head, "you know that only works on Daddy, not me" he sighs, holding out her coat. Bella huffs but steps closer so that Zayn can help her into her coat, before she stuffs her feet into her boots, "Baba?" she asks quietly and Zayn hums, kneeling down to be at her level, "still have birthday?" she asks, playing with her fingers. Zayn chuckles,pulling a hat on over her pigtails, "of course Boo. I only got to two" he teases, holding up two fingers which makes Bella giggle. "Alright, let's go" Zayn exclaims, opening the door, for Bella to walk through but she stops and looks at him confused, "Zacky and Chloe?" she asks, head tilting to the side, Zayn laughs, shaking his head, "they're going to stay here with Daddy, Love" he explains. Bella pouts but makes her way towards the car anyways as Zayn follows behind her, spinning the car keys on his finger as he goes.

Zayn chuckles as he parks the car outside of Bella's preschool twenty minutes later and looks into the backseat to see his almost four year old curled up as best as she can be in her car seat sleeping. "Wakey wakey" Zayn hums, reaching back to shake her foot, Bella jumps slightly and whines, "tired Baba" she mumbles. Zayn frowns climbing out of the car and coming around to open her door, and pull her into his arms, "why are you so tired Love?" he asks as he grabs Bella's backpack and closes the door using his foot, before he makes his way to the entrance. "Zacky and Chloe loud" Bella mumbles, resting her head on his shoulder as he opens the door and carries her into the warm building. Zayn frowns, "why didn't you say something?" he asks, eyebrows furrowing and Bella shrugs, just as Kayla, one of Bella's teachers, who they'd all become quite fond of, opens the classroom door for him to walk through. "Good morning Zayn" she chirps, "and hello Bella. How's the almost birthday girl today?" she cheers, reaching out to rub Bella's arm. "Not birthday today" Bella mumbles and Zayn chuckles as Kayla laughs, "morning Kayla. Sorry about her the twins apparently kept her up last night" Zayn explains. Kayla waves him off and takes her bag to hang it up for him, "is someone tired and grumpy today?" Kayla asks Bella, who pouts and digs her face into Zayn's neck. "Give us a minute?" Zayn asks Kayla who nods, smiling gently at them before she moves to the desk to sign Bella in for the day.

Zayn sets Bella on her feet and crouches down in front of her, "hey" he hums and Bella pouts at him. "I know you're tired, and now so does Kayla, so if you feel too tired today ask Kayla to phone me or Daddy and I'll come pick you up early okay?" Zayn asks her. Bella pouts and nods slowly, before Zayn opens his arms and she falls into him, so he hugs her tightly. "I love you Boo. You have fun okay" Zayn coos, pressing a kiss to her head. "Love you too Baba" Bella frowns, kissing his cheek, before another girl calls her name and Bella turns to go play. Zayn watches for a moment before he straightens up, and steps closer to Kayla, "I'll keep an eye on her Zayn. And I'll call you if she's having a rough day. But we should be fine, this happens all the time, okay" Kayla assures him. Zayn grins nodding, "you're the best" he exclaims, but Kayla laughs shaking her head at him, "just doing my job. Have a great day" she says as Zayn turns on his heel and heads back out to his car.

Zayn makes a quick run to the grocery store, needing formula for the twins and coffee for himself and Liam, before he heads home. So far Kayla hasn't phoned him, so Zayn assumes Bella's fine now that she's with her friends. Zayn frowns as he pulls into their driveway and there's an extra car there, until he realizes that it's Doniya's car, he grins quickly turning his car off and heading into the house. "Honey I'm home" Zayn calls out jokingly, hearing Liam laugh, from the other room, "in here Zee" he calls out. Zayn chuckles bounding into the living room to see Doniya on the couch bouncing Zack on her lap, while Liam cuddles Chloe close to his chest. "Hey Doni" Zayn smiles, leaning down to kiss her cheek, "hey little brother" she responds,before making a face at Zack in her arms. "Shouldn't you be working Li?" Zayn hums as he moves away from his sister to cuddle into his husband's side. Liam laughs shaking his head "trying to get rid of me?" he teases. Zayn just shrugs, "I mean if you're here my other boyfriend can't be, so..." he trails off. Liam scoffs and shakes his head "even though I know you're joking, there better not be anyone else. You're mine" he growls nipping at Zayn's neck. Zayn laughs reaching out to brush a finger over Chloe's fingers, "only you Babe" he murmurs, kissing Liam's jaw. "Okay gross" Doniya mutters and Zayn bursts out laughing, cuddling more into Liam, who wraps one arm around him, "and to answer your work question Zee, there's not really a lot going on right now, so I figured I'd take today to help you get ready for Bella's birthday tomorrow" Liam explains, Zayn just nods, already dreading tomorrow.