Chapter Fifty Two

Chapter Fifty Two - Liam

Liam can't wait to get home, he and Zayn are going out together, just the two of them, for the first time, since before Zayn and Bella moved in with him. Liam wants to make the night special for both himself and Zayn, especially Zayn, he's already made reservations at one of his favourite restaurants, one he hasn't been to in a long time. A knock on his office door draws Liam's attention away from his computer screen, where he was in all honestly pretending, to go over the newest contract he's been sent. "Come in" he calls out, Elise steps into his office, "hey, Liam, I got those tickets you asked for" she says, setting a printed out sheet of paper on his desk, "just give them this at the booth, and they'll give you your tickets" she explains. Liam grins widely at her, "thank you, you're a lifesaver" he says and Elise waves him away, "it helps that my best friend since I was a toddler is in the show. But no need to thank me I hope you and Zayn have a good time tonight" she says, before turning around and leaving his office again. Liam watches after her for a moment before shaking his head and glancing at the piece of paper, stating he now has two very good seats to see Les Mis tonight, he makes a mental note to give Elise a bonus before hopping out of his seat, deciding to just head home a little early today.

When Liam gets to his apartment it's quiet, but he's not surprised, Zayn had texted him on his way to tell him he was done school, and was going to pick up Bella and drop her off at Louis' before he'd be home to get ready for their date. Liam bit his lip as he ran towards their bedroom, pulling open his sock drawer and grabbing the small square box he had hidden inside weeks ago. Liam flicks it open and glances at the thin white gold band inside the box, he's had it since he went to America on business, and just been waiting for the right moment to give it to Zayn. Liam bites his lip before setting the box back into the drawer, and sliding it closed, he's not sure if it's too early or not, he just knows he wants Zayn to know just how serious he is about all this, even if they have only been together a short time. Shaking his head Liam heads to shower, so he's ready when Zayn gets home and they can leave for their date.

Liam's dressed and fixing his hair when Zayn comes into the room, "hey, how was school today?" Liam asks, watching Zayn's reflection in the mirror. Zayn shrugs, turning to dig through his drawers "fine, Louis and Harry say hi by the way" he answers. Liam nods, "I'm going to shower real quick, okay?" Zayn asks, Liam chuckles "of course" he answers, watching Zayn head into the bathroom. Liam waits until he hears the shower come on before opening his sock drawer again and pulling out the ring and tucking it safely into his pocket. He hears the shower turn off a minute later and wonders how his boyfriend showers so quickly, just as Zayn comes back into the bedroom, towel around his hips. Liam licks his lips at Zayn's bare tattoo covered chest, before shaking his head, "like what you see?" Zayn smirks and Liam nods, slowly, "get dressed we have reservations in an hour, and the longer you stay shirtless the less likely we are to leave this apartment" he warns. Zayn just laughs at him before pulling some clothes out, Liam decides to leave him to it and wanders out of their shared bedroom, to wait for Zayn.

Fifteen minutes later Liam and Zayn are driving towards the restaurant, and Liam is holding his ground as he refuses to tell Zayn exactly what he has in store for them tonight. "Please, Li" Zayn whines for the seventh time, and Liam just chuckles shaking his head, "not gonna work Zee, just relax, we'll be there soon" he answers, not missing the way Zayn pouts at him and bats his impossible eyelashes, before huffing and flopping back against his seat. Laughing Liam reaches for his hand, intertwining their fingers once he's got ahold of it, "don't worry, you'll love it" he murmurs, pulling Zayn's hand to his lips and pressing a kiss to the back of it, before returning his attention to the road again. The drive is quiet after that, Zayn watching out the window as they drive and Liam going over his plan for the night in his head. He's nervous, is he really going to do what he's planning, Niall assured him several times that it's not too soon, this is one of those, when you know, you know situations. Liam just hopes his best friend is right, and that Zayn will say yes and they can truly be a family.