Chapter One Hundred Twenty Six

Chapter One Hundred Twenty Six – Liam

Liam's up before Zayn on the morning of their anniversary, which is also the day of the twins' birthday party. He carefully moves himself away from Zayn and stands up out of the bed, before grabbing his phone and making his way out of the room as quietly as he can. Liam checks in on Bella first to see her sprawled across her bed, her hair spread wildly around her head, but she's still sleeping soundly. Liam then moves to check on the twins in their nursery, where both of them are thankfully still asleep, although he knows Zack will likely wake up soon. After he sneaks back out of the nursery Liam heads down into the kitchen, where he starts making coffee, before he begins to fry up some bacon for breakfast. As he's waiting for his coffee and moving the sizzling bacon around Liam pulls out his phone and sends Niall a quick text message wanting to make sure everything is going to be ready for his surprise for Zayn tonight. He doesn't expect a response for another hour at least so he tosses his phone aside and focuses back on cooking breakfast.

Liam's not surprised when a sleepy looking Zayn comes downstairs just as he's finishing frying some eggs, with a very awake looking Zack in his arms. "Morning" Zayn yawns, as Zack squirms out of his arms. Liam watches as Zayn sets him down and Zack immediately makes his way towards Liam "Dada" he says happily, reaching for him. "How are you my almost birthday boy?" Liam asks, scooping him into his arms, Zack looks at him puzzled for a minute before resting his head on Liam's shoulder, "lub" he mumbles and Liam laughs, "I love you too" he murmurs, pressing a kiss to Zack's head. "Happy anniversary, Love" Liam hums, passing Zayn a plate of breakfast, "thanks. Happy anniversary" Zayn echos, leaning over to kiss Liam gently as he takes the plate from him. "Are you ready for the big party today?" Liam asks bringing his own plate to the table, before he settles Zack into his high chair, and returns to the kitchen to get Zack's breakfast and coffee for Zayn. Zayn groans, "as ready as I'm going to be, I don't want them to be one" he mumbles, reaching over to tickle Zack gently, making him giggle as Liam hands him a sippy cup. "Well lucky for you, that they aren't until tomorrow then" Liam teases, making Zayn roll his eyes at him.

Bella arrives in the kitchen next, mumbling sleepily in response when Liam and Zayn greet her, and it's only a couple minutes later that Liam's running up the stairs to get Chloe as well. When he gets to the nursery Chloe is standing holding onto the bars of her crib, whimpering, she stops abruptly when she sees Liam though, "Dada" she calls reaching for him. Liam chuckles, pulling her into his arms, and kissing her head, "let's get you changed and go see Baba, Bella, and Zack" he coos. Chloe bounces in his arms, and Liam chuckles laying her down on the changing table and getting her out of her soaked diaper. Once she's dry Liam heads downstairs settling Chloe in her high chair beside Zack who cheers and reaches for her, just as he hears his phone start vibrating from where he tossed it in the kitchen. Liam grabs his phone to check it as he starts getting Chloe her breakfast, he sees it's a text from Niall assuring him everything is all set. Liam sets the bowl and sippy cup in front of Chloe who grins at him, "tata" she gurgles and Liam chuckles, "you're welcome Love" he coos, leaning down to kiss her head again.

"Daddy. When's the party?" Bella asks as she skips around Liam while he's cleaning up breakfast, Zayn having taken the twins upstairs to get them ready for the day. Liam chuckles dropping the cloth he was using into the sink, "everyone's going to be here in about an hour, Princess" he explains and Bella pouts, "but I want them here now" she whines and Liam laughs. "Well, I'm sure that Uncle Louis, Uncle Harry, Uncle Niall, and Uncle Josh will likely show up early" Liam teases, Bella makes a face, "but we should go get dressed so we're ready" Liam adds. Bella nods and heads towards the stairs, Liam following behind. "When's Baba's surprise?" Bella asks quietly and Liam grins, the girl having been his biggest help in planning a surprise for Zayn for their anniversary. "After the party for your brother and sister. You're gonna stay here with Uncle Niall and I'm gonna take Baba for the surprise" Liam explains, just as they arrive at the top of the stairs. He can hear Zayn in the twins' nursery, getting the pair dressed, and he turns to the four year old standing beside him, "do you need help?" he asks. Bella shakes her head, "just with hair Daddy" she mumbles and Liam smiles nodding his head. "Alright so you go get dressed and then come find me and I'll do your hair for you, okay?" he asks. Bella just nods before she disappears into her room to get dressed. Liam watches her go and listens to Zayn singing some silly made up song to Zack and Chloe for a minute, before he heads into his and Zayn's room to get himself dressed for the day.