Chapter One Hundred Thirteen

Chapter One Hundred Thirteen –Zayn

Zayn has never been happier to see his mum's car pull into the driveway in his entire life, and he's pulling open the door as best as he can with Zack still gumming his index finger, before she's even out of the car. He can hear Bella down in the playroom and he's grateful for whatever caused her mood to switch, as he has his hands full with teething four month olds. Liam is laid out on the living room couch with Chloe, still gumming his finger, but he unlike Zayn, finds it more difficult to move around with one finger in the girl's mouth. "Baby Boy" Trisha calls as she approaches the door, and Zayn can see the exact second she takes in the exhausted look on his face, because she frowns, and pulls him into a gentle hug, "you've done this before, you can do it again" she murmurs into his ear. Zayn smiles tiredly at her as they pull apart, "thanks for coming Mum" he mumbles and she waves him away, "I've told you, anytime you need me" she insists. Zayn bites his lip as he eyes the bag in her hands and Trisha laughs, "let's go find Liam and then you guys can find what works best for these two little monsters" she chuckles, reaching out to tickle Zack's foot the boy looking up at Zayn with wide eyes, and Zayn grins, "your grandma's silly isn't she" he coos, and Zack attempts a smile around Zayn's finger at his Baba's tone. "Does he ever look like Liam" Trisha hums and Zayn nods, "gonna break some hearts one day, just like his Daddy" he coos, which makes Zack gurgle around his finger as he grins again.

Chloe is cooing at Liam from where he's got her splayed on his lap, the noises are more garbled then normal as she still has Liam's finger in her mouth, rubbing at her gums, her tiny fingers gripping onto his hand to keep it in place. "Trisha, thank you for coming" Liam exclaims as soon as they walk in the room and she just waves him off much like she'd done to Zayn. "So I bought pretty much everything that I know used to work for Zayn and my girls, as well as the things that worked for Bella. Then I bought all the other options for teething the store had" Trisha explains and Zayn chuckles "thanks Mum" he mumbles, leaning over to press a kiss to her cheek, he really is lucky that his mum has always supported him and been there to help through everything. Trisha smiles kissing his cheek back before she just dumps the bag onto the coffee table, "I would start with the teething gel, and get a few of these toys into the freezer" she offers, looking around the room. Zayn watches as Liam reaches for the tube of numbing gel that Trisha indicated, fumbling with the package as he attempts to work it with one hand, not wanting to take his finger away from soothing their daughter's pain. "Where's my other grandbaby?" Trisha asks and Zayn turns to look at her, "she's down in the playroom, I think she wanted to be as far from the screaming as possible" he answers before his mum nods and leaves the room to find Bella.

"How does this work?" Liam asks suddenly and Zayn just laughs moving to sit beside his husband on the couch, resting Zack against his thighs, his head by Zayn's knees, and Zayn's index finger still in his son's mouth. "You just put a little on your finger Li, and then rub it all over her gums" Zayn explains, chuckling at the look of panic on Liam's face. "You mean I have to take away the only thing keeping her from screaming at me?" he asks. Zayn nods, "yes, but only long enough to put that gel onto your finger" he explains. Liam frowns as he pulls his hand away from Chloe's mouth, whimpers immediately leaving her pouty lips, "shh, you're okay Daddy's gonna fix it" Liam hums. Zayn watches as Liam squeezes the tube until a small amount is on his finger, quickly returning the finger into her mouth and moving it around. Zayn smiles, nodding at his husband, before he pulls his own finger free from their son's mouth which makes Zack full on cry. Zayn coos nonsense to the boy, as he wipes the drool off his finger and squeezes some of the numbing gel onto it, and returns it quickly to the boy's gums, spreading the hopefully soothing gel around the boy's swollen gums.

Once the gel appears to be working, Zayn sighs in relief passing Zack over to Liam, who happily cuddles both seemingly happier babies. Zayn scoops up a few of the teething toys taking them to the kitchen, where he quickly washes them in the sink before he tosses them into the freezer. When he returns to the living room he's met by Bella crashing into his knees and Zayn smiles reaching down to pull her up into his arms, "hey Boo, did you have fun out with Daddy before?" he asks. Bella smiles widely and nods her head, "yeah Baba" she answers, snuggling into his neck, Zayn just holds her tighter as he moves to sit beside Liam. "Mum you really are a lifesaver" Zayn mumbles looking over to where his mum is sat in the recliner and she just smiles, "it was no problem Love" she hums and Zayn nods, knowing she's never going to let him and Liam repay her, so decides to just drop it. "Why were they so sad?" Bella asks and Zayn can't help the smile on his face at the concern lacing his oldest baby's words. "Zack and Chloe appear to have teeth starting to try and come in, and it was really hurting them" Zayn explains and Bella pouts, leaning closer to Liam to press a gentle kiss on both of the twins foreheads, "no more hurt" she mumbles to both of them and Zayn wants to cry at how utterly adorable it is.