Epilogue Liam

Epilogue (Liam) Two Years Later

Liam's just getting home from the office, after the longest day. It's well past when he's usually home, but everything was just going wrong today. So he and Elise had ordered in and settled in for an extra few hours to get everything sorted out. He thinks they've handled it but it could come back to bite him in the ass in the morning, but at this moment Liam doesn't care.

The living room light is still on and he can hear the TV playing quietly so Liam knows that Zayn is at least still up. He's definitely missed seeing Chloe and Zack, the six year olds will be completely asleep by this time of night, Bella might still be awake reading, the ten year old having started staying up way later than Liam and Zayn are sometimes comfortable with.

Liam rounds into the living room smiling slightly at the sight of his husband completely asleep, on the couch a stack of unmarked essays on one side of him, with the marked ones on his other side, and a red pen in his hand. Liam pulls the pen away from Zayn, before he bends down and presses a kiss to Zayn's lips. This works immediately and Zayn jolts awake, reaching up to grab Liam by the back of the neck and deepening the kiss.

"I'm sorry I was so late" Liam mumbles when they pull apart, a glance at the clock shows it's almost ten o'clock, which isn't ideal. "But I'm all yours all day tomorrow" he adds.

Zayn smiles sleepily, "it's okay Li, I get it. Did you get everything sorted out?" he asks, stretching out slightly before he moves the stacks of papers to the coffee table, making grabby hands at Liam once he's done.

Liam chuckles dropping onto the couch and letting Zayn tuck himself into his side, "I think it's dealt with, but I really don't want to think about it anymore tonight" he groans, fingers finding their way into Zayn's hair and scratching at his scalp. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" Liam asks.

Zayn groans, "I think so, I just hope Louis and Harry have a good time" he murmurs, pushing more into Liam's hand "I'm done with baby shower planning" Zayn adds with a sigh.

Liam chuckles again, "we should get to bed, it's going to be a busy day tomorrow and Zack at least will wake us up early" he murmurs, pressing a kiss to Zayn's hair.

Zayn groans "carry me" he mutters making Liam roll his eyes but easily scoop his husband into his arms and start the trek up to their bedroom.

**

The next morning as expected Zack comes charging into Zayn and Liam's bedroom very early, he still hasn't outgrown his habit of not really sleeping, "Daddy, I'm hungry" Zack whines poking Liam in the cheek. Liam groans sitting up.

"Alright Bubba, let's go downstairs and I'll make pancakes, sound good?" Liam hums, his voice raspy from sleep.

Zack nods happily waiting for Liam to get out of bed and pull on a t-shirt, before he falls into step beside him. "Why were you so late last night?" Zack pouts as they head downstairs.

Liam frowns "sorry Bub, there was stuff happening at work, but I'll be home all weekend, and after the party Baba's throwing for Uncle Louis and Uncle Harry is over maybe we can all go out somewhere as a family" he offers. Zack just nods in response, jumping up to sit on the counter while Liam gets started on mixing up pancakes.

By the time breakfast is ready and on the table everyone else is awake and in the kitchen as well. Chloe and Zayn both look like they could fall asleep again at any moment, and Bella and Zack are arguing about something Liam doesn't even know, but he wouldn't change his breakfasts as a family for anything.

**

By the time lunch rolls around there are people spilling out of every room in the house along with several in the backyard as well. Zayn has decorated everywhere with streamers, banners, and balloons, to celebrate Louis, Harry and their three week old daughter Kara. Nothing is pink because Louis was adamant that they didn't want everything to be pink because society said so.