Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six – Liam

Liam groans as he answers the text from his mum about where to meet himself, Zayn, Bella, and Trisha at the mall, somehow, after hearing about their plans to go shopping, and Bella's request to see Karen, both Mum's had invited themselves along on the trip. Liam glares across the room at Zayn when he hears him laugh, "what are you laughing at, your mum's coming too" he huffs. Zayn chuckles again, before getting up and moving closer to Liam, "yes, but you seem far more flustered about the whole idea of both our mums coming than I do. What's going on?" he asks. Liam shrugs and falls against Zayn a little, "I don't know, just, what if our mums don't get along?" he asks and Zayn frowns, wrapping his arms around him tightly, "then it will make all holidays and birthdays awkward from here on out" he teases. Liam groans, "Zayn I'm serious" he pouts and Zayn sighs, "I know, and I don't think it will be a problem, both our mums seem to get along with people pretty easily. It'll all be fine, you'll see" he reassures him. Liam wants to protest but he knows Zayn's right and he doesn't get the chance because Bella comes bounding into the room "we go now?" she asks, crossing her tiny arms, and jutting out one hip. Liam chuckles as Zayn shakes his head, "no, we'll go soon though Boo" he assures. Bella pouts, but nods her head, turning to Liam, "and Grandma Karen coming?" she asks, Liam nods "yes, she'll be there" he answers. Bella nods and turns to Zayn, climbing onto his leg,sitting on his foot, "anndd Grandma?" she asks, giggling when Zayn lifts his foot and pretends to try and shake her off. Zayn nods, "yes, and Grandma, you'll get to see them both" he answers, Bella grins and cheers, jumping off Zayn's foot to run out of the room calling for Louis as she does.

It's about an hour later that Liam pulls into a parking space at the mall and shuts his car off, turning to look at Zayn as he does, "and we're sure this is a good idea?" he asks. Zayn chuckles, shaking his head at Liam and climbing out of the car without an actual answer. Liam pouts and follows suit, going around to pull out the stroller as Zayn gets Bella, and her stuffed penguin out of her seat. "Daddy, push" Bella instructs as soon as Zayn has set her into the stroller, Liam grins he loves to push the stroller, he knows Zayn doesn't mind either way, Zayn nods, "fine,Boo. Daddy can push" he murmurs as he does up the seat belt. They make their way inside after that, stopping first at the Starbucks, to not only get something to drink but to meet both his own and Zayn's mum. Liam spots Trisha first, the woman coming across the crowded space quickly to wrap first Zayn, then Liam, and finally a bouncing Bella into a hug, "how are we all today?" she asks, her eyes sparkling. Zayn grins, "we're fine Mum" he answers as Liam nods his response and Bella makes a happy sound from the stroller. It's only a moment more before Karen is pulling Liam into a hug, "hey Mum" he mumbles and she grins pulling away to hug Zayn and Bella as well.

"Mum, this is Trisha Malik, Zayn's mum" Liam carefully introduces, gesturing between his mother and Zayn's. Karen's eyes light up as she smiles widely and pulls Trisha into a hug "it's so lovely to meet you. Your son and granddaughter are two beautiful people" she exclaims, stepping back. Liam bites his lip, he knew his mum was going to hug her, it was inevitable, but what he doesn't know is how Zayn's mum is going to react. "It's great to meet you as well, you have a wonderful son" Trisha replies, before the pair huddle a little closer and begin to whisper conspiratorially out of earshot of both their sons. Liam breathes out a sigh of relief, before Zayn nudges him gently, "see, nothing to worry about" he murmurs, Liam chuckles nodding, before gesturing to where their mums are laughing together, "you sure about that?" he asks, Zayn just rolls his eyes, and turns his attention to Bella when she pats at his leg. "Yes, we're going to go shopping now, Boo" Zayn mumbles to the toddler and Liam shakes the stroller gently, as he does. Trisha and Karen both turn to them, "alright, so where to first?" Karen asks, clapping her hands together, Liam just shrugs,because he's never had a plan for the day, beyond his mum and Zayn's mum meeting, and now that that's out of the way, he doesn't really think anything else matters.