Chapter Sixty Nine

Chapter Sixty Nine – Zayn

Zayn refuses to wake up, not this early, not on the weekend, he knows he has to, but he really doesn't want to. Small fingers tapping his cheek are hard to resist but Zayn doesn't want to be awake, "Daddy, Baba no wake up" Bella huffs and Zayn can hear Liam chuckle. "Bella, why don't you go make sure you have the toys you want to bring, I'll wake up Baba" Liam murmurs, and then Zayn hears Bella's footsteps as she runs out of their bedroom. "I know you're awake Zayn" Liam starts, and Zayn just ignores him, keeping his eyes closed and his breathing as even as he can. "You're not fooling anyone Zayn, I can tell you're awake. I'm going to leave without you soon" Liam warns, and as much as Zayn doesn't want to wake up, he doesn't want Liam to go to LA without him, so he pops open his eyes, whining as he makes grabby hands for his fiancé. Liam chuckles and Zayn pouts, but Liam shakes his head, "nope, sorry Zee. No love for you until you actually get up, we need to leave in thirty minutes unless we want to miss the flight" he explains, before leaving the room. Zayn groans, but kicks his legs over the side of the bed, why they had to be on a flight at stupid o'clock in the morning is beyond him, but he doesn't really have a choice. Zayn dresses quickly in a pair of jeans, and a hoodie, before deciding to just leave his hair the way it is today, and makes his way into the kitchen where he can hear both Bella and Liam. Liam presses a coffee mug into his hand as soon as he arrives and Bella cheers, "Baba, you up" she exclaims, running to hug him quickly, Zayn chuckles, taking a sip of his coffee, "yeah, I'm up Boo" he murmurs.

Zayn barely has time to finish his coffee before Liam is scooping Bella into his arms and rushing Zayn out of the apartment, their luggage all already packed in the car. Zayn grumbles as he follows Liam and Bella into the elevator and down to Liam's waiting car, listening as the pair talk about the flight and the trip in general the whole way. Zayn slumps into the passenger seat as Liam straps Bella into the back, before climbing in beside him, "alright grumpy pants, whats with you this morning?" Liam asks, arching an eyebrow as he starts the car. Zayn huffs, "it's hardly morning" he grumbles and Liam laughs, which makes Bella laugh along, "I'll take care of Bella and you can sleep on the plane, deal?" Liam offers. Zayn bites his lip, before nodding his head "I'm sorry, I just don't like waking up" he mumbles and Liam nods, "I know, Babe. I would have gotten us a later flight if I could. Don't worry about it, I'll handle everything and you just rest" he murmurs. Zayn smiles lightly, leaning over the console to kiss Liam gently, "thank you" he mumbles but Liam waves him off, before pulling out of their spot as Bella calls out a grumpy sounding "Daddy" Liam chuckles glancing back at her "Bella?" he counters and she giggles, "let's go" she whines which makes both Liam and Zayn chuckle slightly, before Liam heads towards the airport.

Zayn's still tired, can feel himself dragging as they walk through the airport towards where they need to check in for their flight, Bella is clinging to Liam's back as they walk and Zayn's grateful she's not trying to run away. Checking in goes smoothly, and Zayn's happy when he can slump into a chair in the waiting area, Bella climbing into his lap as soon as he's settled, and snuggling into his chest. "You tired, Boo?" he asks, rubbing his hand up and down her back, she just nods in response, as Liam sits in the seat beside Zayn, "Niall, just texed, he's grabbing us all coffee and then should be over here" Liam murmurs, pressing a kiss to Zayn's cheek. Zayn nods, and rests his head on Liam's shoulder, "good, I need more coffee, I don't know why I'm so tired today" he mumbles. Liam just chuckles shaking his head, "don't worry about it, Love" he murmurs, just as Niall comes up plopping down on Zayn's other side with a tray of coffees in his hands. "Morning" he chirps and Zayn just waves at him with one hand, while Bella looks up at him, "Uncle Niall" she cheers and he chuckles, "hey Bella" Niall answers, passing Zayn and Liam both one of the cups he's carrying. "Thank you Ni" Liam hums, taking a sip of the coffee, Zayn nods, sipping his own, as Bella pouts up at them, "what about Bella?" she whines, and Niall chuckles "I didn't forget about you" he coos, passing her a much smaller cup. Zayn arches an eyebrow at the blond and Niall laughs, "relax Zayn, it's hot chocolate" he chuckles, and Zayn relaxes back into his seat a little, not that he thought Niall would actually give Bella coffee, but he's tired and his brain doesn't work as well when he's tired.