Chapter One Hundred

Chapter One Hundred – Liam

Liam just groans into the phone, "but I don't want to" he whines, making Niall chuckle on the other end of the phone, "I know Li, I don't want to either, but I don't think we have a choice. Not if we don't want to lose this deal" Niall reasons. Liam knows he's right, knows that Niall wouldn't even be suggesting a business trip right now, not if it wasn't the only option. It's two weeks after Christmas, just after New Year's and Liam is currently in his office in the basement of the house while the twins nap upstairs and Zayn has taken Bella outside to play in the little bit of snow that collected overnight. "Alright, when do we leave?" Liam mumbles, "I really tried to avoid this Li" Niall hums and Liam nods even though his best friend can't see him, "I know. Just when?" he mumbles. "We have to be there by next Wednesday, so Nikki booked the flight for Monday" Niall answers, "shit Zayn's not going to be happy about that" Liam mutters "it's only for five days though Li, and then you can be back with your family" Niall soothes. "Can you tell my husband that please?" Liam asks, Niall just laughs, "no I think you need to do that, I still need to tell my own boyfriend" he answers. Liam groans "how are you and Josh anyways?" he asks, and he can hear Niall light up on the phone, "we're good. I really love him Li" Niall murmurs. "I'm glad Ni" Liam answers just as a loud cry blasts through the baby monitor, "look Ni I gotta go, Zack just woke up, and Zayn's not in the house" "no worries Li, I'll call you later bye" Niall answers before he hangs up the phone.

Liam runs up the two flights of stairs and into the nursery where he quickly scoops a crying Zack into his arms, the cries instantly quieting, but not stopping completely, indicating Zack wants more than just a cuddle from his daddy. Liam looks quickly at a still sleeping Chloe before going back downstairs where he quickly starts making a bottle in the kitchen. "Shh you're okay Zack Daddy's got you" he hums as he bounces slightly on his feet. Zack calms only slightly, his cries dying down completely once he has the bottle in his mouth, sucking hungrily. "Slow down Bubba, you're gonna get sick again" Liam coos, moving so he can look out the sliding door to watch Zayn and Bella as they play outside. He really can't believe how much his life has changed since meeting Zayn and having Bella in his life. Zack snuffles quietly as he eats his bottle and Liam coos down at the boy in his arms, before looking back outside as Zayn throws a snowball at the glass door. Liam chuckles shaking his head as his husband sticks his tongue out at him, before Liam moves away from the door flicking on the kettle so Zayn and Bella can have hot chocolate when they come inside.

Liam only has to wait another couple of minutes before a very cold looking Zayn and a rosy cheeked Bella come back into the kitchen, "take your boots off there, Boo" Zayn instructs kicking his own boots off his feet. Bella does as Zayn asks before moving further into the kitchen, wrapping her arms around Liam, who chuckles shifting Zack enough he can support both him and the bottle with one hand to hug her back. "Did you and Baba have fun?" Liam asks and Bella giggles before pulling away and bouncing out of her coat, leaving it in a heap on the kitchen floor, "yeah Daddy, but Baba got cold" she mumbles. Liam chuckles at that "I'm sure he did. But is that where we leave our coats?" he asks. Bella pouts and shakes her head before grabbing her coat and disappearing into the hallway, Liam knows he's just going to find it on the floor by the door, but it's a start. "Kettle's on so you and Bella can have a hot chocolate if you want" Liam hums, gesturing with his chin to where the kettle has just clicked off, before moving Zack around so he's on his shoulder to be burped. "You are amazing" Zayn hums, pulling down two mugs and the hot chocolate mix, just as Bella slides back into the kitchen.

Chloe starts to cry once Zayn has made the cups of hot chocolate, "I'll go get her" he hums dashing out of the kitchen and up the stairs, Liam watches him go before turning his attention back to Bella and a now cooing Zack, "should we go play in the other room?" Liam asks and Bella nods, "can we watch Mickey Mouse?" she asks head tilting to the side, Liam chuckles, "yeah, you can watch some Mickey Mouse" he answers, before they move towards the living room, where Liam sets Zack down on one of the two playmats, for some well needed tummy time, and Bella flops down carefully beside her brother to drink her hot chocolate. Zayn arrives again a moment later with a content looking Chloe in his arms, "she just wanted to be with everybody" he hums sitting on the couch, with the baby balanced in one arm as he takes a sip from his mug, that's in the other hand. Liam smiles cuddling into Zayn's side, and running a finger over Chloe's cheek who gurgles up at him, "do you not like being alone?" he murmurs before Chloe grips his finger in her whole fist. Liam can't help the large smile he gets everytime one of the babies does that, it melts his heart and he loves it.