Chapter One Hundred Eleven

Chapter One Hundred Eleven – Zayn

Zayn's exhausted and he just wants to go lie down, but unfortunately for him he can't, at least not until Liam comes home from the meeting at the office he went in to. Zack got over his fever three days after it started, with Chloe deciding that was the best day for her to get it, and Zayn and Liam discovered with that, that Zack is the good one when it comes to taking medicine. Bella is bored for lack of a better word, she's missing going to school and seeing her friends the just turned four year old looking to Zayn to entertain her. Chloe's fever seems to have passed now as well, but Zayn is just tired, the past week has been nothing short of exhausting. "You're okay Chloe, Baba's got it, right here" Zayn coos as he carries both the bottle and crying infant into the living room, dropping onto the couch to feed her just as Bella comes running into the room "Baba, I'm bored" she whines Zayn just arching an eyebrow at her as he sits and feeds Chloe. "What do you think you want to do then, Boo?" Zayn asks as Bella flops to the floor at his feet "go see Daddy, and Uncle Niall" Bella says, clasping her hands together and looking up at Zayn from under her eyelashes. Zayn just sighs, shaking his head as he adjusts the angle of the bottle Chloe's drinking from, and glances across to where Zack seems content in his chair. "Bella-Bug, you know we can't go bug Daddy, he's only at the office because he and Uncle Niall have a meeting, you can't go see them" Zayn murmurs and Bella sighs dramatically, and flops down so she's now laying on the floor.

Zayn chuckles shaking his head at how dramatic Bella's being before he switches Chloe so he can burp her, before he just cuddles her close to him. Zayn pouts as Chloe grabs a fistful of his hair in her hand, "ouch, Tiny Dancer, take it easy on Baba's hair" he mumbles, smiling when she grins at him and Zayn can't believe that the twins are three months already. "Babaaaaa" Bella whines and Zayn just arches an eyebrow down at her, "still bored" she mutters and Zayn shakes his head, "you have hundreds of toys, and games. Why don't you go get one of the new puzzles you got for your birthday?" he asks. Bella just rolls her eyes in response but makes no move to get up, "your sister's being difficult" Zayn sighs to Chloe who just smiles around her fist which she's shoved into her mouth. "Can we go see Kenzi?" Bella asks suddenly and Zayn rubs a tired hand over his face, they could go to Ruth's and see her and the kids, who he knows are all home today, but that would entail getting all three kids bundled into the car, and he's not sure he can or wants to do that today. "Pleaseeee Baba" Bella begs and Zayn sighs, nodding his head, "alright yeah, go get your shoes and stuff" he mumbles pulling out his phone to text Ruth to make sure she's okay with it. Before he texts Liam to let him know where they'll be.

It takes Zayn thirty minutes to gather the twins' things and get all three kids strapped into the car, before he's finally pulling onto the road and heading to Ruth's house. Bella's singing along to the radio happily in the backseat and Zayn can hear both Zack and Chloe gurgling noises back and forth to each other, almost like they're having a conversation. Zayn's phone rings and he answers it through the car's speakers after a few rings, "hello?" he asks and hears Liam chuckle, "hey Zee. So why are you going to my sister's house?" he asks. Zayn sighs as he turns onto Ruth's street, "Bella's bored and wants to see Kenzi, so we're going so she'll stop begging me" Zayn explains. "Okay, well we just finished that meeting but Niall wants to go over a few things. I won't be home until dinner time" Liam says and Zayn pouts but nods his head "that's fine Li. We'll be at your sister's all afternoon anyways" he answers. "Good, say hi to everyone for me?" Liam asks and Zayn chuckles, "of course. Love you Li" Zayn responds, "love you too" Liam echos before they hang up, just as Zayn parks in front of Ruth's house.

Ruth meets him at the car as he's pulling the twins out, reaching out to take Chloe's seat from him, as soon as she's free, Bella's bouncing impatiently on her feet beside him, "Kenzi's inside, go on in" Ruth encourages and Zayn laughs as Bella takes off towards the front door, practically tripping over her own feet. "Thanks for letting us come over" Zayn murmurs, once he has Zack's seat in his hands and he and Ruth are walking up to the front door. "It's fine, Kenzi's been bugging to see Bella again" Ruth explains, and Zayn nods as they step into the warm house. "Mason's at a friend's house today but Ethan is here somewhere" Ruth explains as Zayn toes off his shoes and reaches down to unbuckle Zack from his seat, Ruth doing the same with Chloe. Zayn follows Ruth to the kitchen where she flicks on the kettle as Zayn sits at the table, bouncing Zack in his arms, "you alright Zayn? You look exhausted" Ruth asks, as she comes to sit beside him, cuddling Chloe to her. Zayn yawns waving her off, "I'm fine, just both twins just got over fevers, and Liam's been busy with work, add in a very bored Bella home every day now and I'm just tired" he explains. Ruth nods in understanding, "you know if you ever need any help I'd be happy to come over for an afternoon, especially when the boys have school" she offers. Zayn smiles gratefully, as Zack starts to gum his thumb, "thanks Roo" he murmurs, gently pulling his hand away from Zack who protests.