Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine - Zayn

Zayn can't help the silly grin that won't leave his face, as he gets ready for Uni the next morning, he knows he looks ridiculous as he pulls his hair up, securing it with an elastic so the shaved sides are on display. "You look happy"Louis points out from where he's leaning in the doorway and Zayn shrugs, "so yesterday was good then?" he asks. Zayn tries to look like he's indifferent, that yesterday wasn't one of the best day she's ever had, definitely top five, but Louis knows him inside and out and can just tell, "it was, wasn't it?" Louis asks again.Zayn sighs pushing past Louis back into his bedroom to grab his bag,before he makes his way into Bella's room to wake her up, so he can drop her at his mum's for the day. Louis' following him, he doesn't say anything, is just waiting for Zayn to confirm or deny that yesterday with Liam was good, as Zayn gently shakes Bella's shoulder murmuring her name. Once the toddler has blinked her eyes open,"morning, beautiful" Zayn murmurs and Bella grins at him "morning Baba" she yawns, reaching out for Zayn, who scoops her into his arms carrying her past Louis and into the kitchen.

Louis waits longer than Zayn thought he would if he's honest, he waits until Bella is settled in her chair with a frozen waffle with berries and yogurt, before he really starts to press the topic of Liam. "For the love of God, Zayn. How did yesterday go?" Louis snaps and Zayn chuckles as he takes a sip of his coffee, "was great Lou" he murmurs, and Louis narrows his eyes at him. "You're gonna have to do better than that Malik, you kicked me out of my own flat for an entire day" Louis snaps,although there's no real heat behind it, Zayn smiles at his best friend, "he brought gifts, and movies Lou. It was really great, thebest. Bella had a great time and I-" he starts, cutting himself off. Louis' smiles softly at Zayn, "you what Zee?" he asks gently and Zayn shrugs "I don't know, I kind of freaked out, because I was worried Bells would get attached and Liam would leave. But he was so sweet about it and assured me he wouldn't. Then he...he asked me to be his boyfriend" he mumbles slowly. Zayn busies himself taking long, slow sips off his coffee as soon as he's done speaking, Louis blinks at him slowly for a second, before he launches himself at Zayn in a hug, that's nothing short of bone crushing, "and what did you say to that?" Louis shouts. Zayn chuckles and carefully disentangles himself from Louis' koala-like limbs, "I said yes,obviously" he answers. Louis nods his head, "good' he says decidedly and Zayn rolls his eyes at his best friend.

"Baba, I done" Bella calls from the other room and Zayn moves away from Louis to go to his daughter,he sees she's eaten everything she had on her plate and he's impressed, "good job Boo" he praises, scooping her into his arms,"let's go get you dressed for Grandma's" Zayn adds, making his way back to her bedroom. Bella insists on wearing a bright pink tutu,with purple leggings, and a blue shirt with Elsa on it, Zayn had tried to talk her into wearing just one of the pieces with other,more neutral items but she refused, so he let it happen, knowing this is all part of having a toddler, independence and what not. Louis smiles widely when Bella runs into his arms afterwards, "don't you look beautiful" he coos, while Bella twirls in a clumsy circle she giggles nodding her head, "do I have to go to grandma's?" she pouts at Louis who chuckles, "did Baba say you did?" Louis asks,knowing the answer already. Bella pouts and nods slowly, and Zayn chuckles, "but it's just for a little bit today, Baba only has a few classes, and I don't work tonight, so we'll pick you up early,okay?" he asks. Bella thinks about it for a second before nodding and running towards the door to put her rain boots on.

It's not until Zayn and Louis are alone in the car after dropping Bella off that Liam comes up again,it's Louis who does it, so Zayn can hardly be blamed "so Liam,already asked you to be his boyfriend, I think he should talk to Haz"Louis mutters. Zayn laughs and shakes his head, "you know you could ask Harry to be your boyfriend" he supplies, but Louis sends him a murderous glare that makes Zayn raise is hands in surrender. "What did you guys even do all day?" Louis asks curiously and Zayn bites his lip as he thinks, because they didn't really do much of anything but it was perfect. Zayn sighs "we watched Toy Story, all three of them, and played with Bella. Then he made some pasta thing for dinner, and helped me put Bella to bed. Then we watched a little bit of TV alone, before he left to go back to his" he recounts, a smile crossing his face as he thinks about how perfect the whole day actually was. "Sounds very...domestic" Louis chuckles, and Zayn shakes his head at him, "it was perfect Lou. He's perfect" he sighs. Louis chuckles pulling into the parking lot and turning off the car, "you're already gone for him, aren't you?" he asks softly, Zayn bites his lip and nods slowly, "I can't help it Lou,he's I don't even know, but just seeing him with Bella, the way he responds to her, I just, I can't help it" he sighs. Louis chuckles,reaching over to place a hand on Zayn's arm "it's good to see you so happy, Zee. Honestly, it's been a long time" he murmurs and Zayn nods, because it has been too long since he's been in a real relationship.