Chapter Ninety Three

Chapter Ninety Three – Zayn

Zayn sighs as Bella stomps her foot at him, crossing her arms stubbornly across her chest a few days later, "I not going Baba. Stay home for brother" she insists and Zayn holds back the fond smile that's trying to creep onto his face. Liam had left earlier that morning to head to the hospital to pick up the twins who were finally ready, after four days, to come home. They had mutually decided it would be easier if one of them stayed home and got Bella ready for preschool, while the other picked up the twins and dropped Doniya off back at her home. Which leads Zayn to now, where he's locked into a stare down with his three year old, as he tries to get her ready and off to preschool for the day. "Boo, you have to go to school, don't you want to see your friends?" Zayn tries but Arabella stubbornly shakes her head, "no friends. Babies" she insists, stomping her foot once again. "Stomp at me again Arabella and you can go sit in time out" Zayn warns, and Bella pouts at him but doesn't do or say anything else. Zayn bites his lip for a moment before he makes a decision, "if I let you stay home, to help welcome the babies today, you're going next day, deal?" he asks. Bella cheers and jumps towards Zayn, wrapping her arms around him as he catches her and hugs her close to him, he's going to miss all the alone time with her if he's being honest, he knows how busy the babies will keep him and Liam and and hopes his first girl doesn't get too jealous.

The door opens a few minutes later and Zayn leaves Bella with her cereal to go help Liam, laughing a little as his husband struggles to get through the door with both car seats and the diaper bag. Zayn moves quickly to pull Zack's seat into his own hands, cooing down at the awake and kicking baby in the seat, "thank you" Liam murmurs, moving easily through the door now that he's only holding Chloe. Zayn notices that the smaller, younger twin is sleeping in her seat and smiles fondly at her, "did you get Bella off then?" Liam asks and Zayn bites his lip, "about that" he mumbles and Liam scoffs, "I knew it, you caved" he teases and Zayn pouts, setting Zack's seat down and moving to unbuckle him, wanting to hold the baby again. "Daddy's being mean" he murmurs to the infant, as Liam chuckles hanging up his coat and scooping Chloe's seat up again, "I am not. I just knew she'd put up a fight and you'd give in" Liam explains, leaning over to kiss Zayn gently. Zayn thinks about dodging him but knows he can't he loves his husband's kisses too much to do that and kisses back gently. "I'm going to put her to bed, I'll be back down in a minute" Liam hums when they pull apart, Zayn nods and watches him go before turning his attention back to the still awake Zack in his arms, "welcome home Bubba" he coos before heading back towards the living room and Bella.

Zayn is sitting on the couch helping Bella hold Zack when Liam comes back down, a baby monitor in his hands, "Chloe's all settled" Liam murmurs as he sits on Bella's other side, "how are you this morning Princess?" he adds leaning over to kiss her temple. Bella grins up at him "I good Daddy" she mumbles before turning her attention back to the baby she's "holding" even though Zayn is unknowingly toBella supporting all of the infant's weight. "Oh Louis and Harry are coming over in a bit, they really want to meet the twins" Zayn says after a moment and Liam just nods, really Zayn knows Liamis tired, he is too, neither one of them has slept much between taking care of Bella and late nights spent at the hospital with their babies. "Carson called me on my way home" Liam starts and Zayn turns to arch an eyebrow at him, "he's sent the papers in to be processed, he just wanted to let us know" he explains and Zayn nods, Carson had come to the hospital the day after Zack and Chloe had been born and everyone had signed to have Zayn legally be their second parent, now it was just a matter of finalizing it all. A shrill cry from the monitor alerts them to Chloe's displeasure at being alone upstairs, "she's probably hungry, she's been asleep a while, and I fed Zack before we left the hospital but she was sleeping" Liam mumbles, moving to get up. Zayn stops him shaking his head, "you stay here with Bella I'll go get her" he murmurs, wanting Liam to spend some time with Bella while he can. "I'll take Zack up to the nursery and bring Chloe down" he adds, gently pulling a now sleeping Zack out of Bella's arms.