Chapter Sixty Five

Chapter Sixty Five – Zayn

Zayn furrows his eyebrows as he hears Liam's quiet voice, and Bella's less quiet one a week later, he's not entirely asleep but he is trying to be asleep still. He was up most of the night with a very upset Bella, after a nightmare woke her up, "Baba up. It my birthday!" Bella exclaims, landing on his chest and poking his face. Zayn groans and pops open his eyes "no way it can't be your birthday again" he teases, trapping her against his chest with his arms. "It is Baba, it is" Bella squeaks struggling against his hold, and Zayn laughs, letting her go, but not before he presses kisses all over her face. "Happy birthday, baby girl" Zayn coos, once she's sitting beside him, before looking around the room, he had heard Liam but now doesn't see the man at all, "where's Daddy?" he asks, looking at the toddler who is tracing over his tattoo for her, her finger running gently over the lines of the tiara, before pressing against the A in the centre of it. "In kitchen, making waffles" Bella answers still distracted by the tattoo, and Zayn nods, "should we go find him, birthday girl?" he asks and Bella giggles before nodding and reaching to be picked up. Zayn complies because his baby is three now and he knows his chances to carry her around are probably running out.

Liam turns away from the bowl of batter he's mixing up when Zayn enters the kitchen, "I thought you were never going to wake up" he teases. Zayn rolls his eyes, leaning over to peck Liam's lips, "I wasn't, my plan was to sleep this day away and pretend she's not getting older" he pouts. Liam laughs, pulling Bella away from Zayn to hug her, "Baba can't sleep away your birthday right?" he asks and Bella shakes her head wildly, "no. Need Baba" she decides squirming to be put down, Zayn laughs as Liam complies setting her on her feet just as there's a knock on the door. "I'll get that" Zayn mumbles, moving around Liam to go open the door. He's not entirely surprised when he sees Louis and Harry standing there, Louis' never missed one of Bella's birthdays, mostly because they lived together, but Zayn knew he was going to show up early for this one. "Where's the birthday girl?" Louis asks, pushing past Zayn to get inside, Harry following behind carrying a large wrapped box. "Good morning to you too, Louis" Zayn mumbles as he closes the door, "yeah, yeah morning" Louis dismisses him, "where's Bella?" he adds. Zayn rolls his eyes, "she's in the kitchen with Liam" he answers and Louis grins, kicking off his shoes and moving towards the kitchen, Zayn hears Arabella squeal a minute later and knows his best friend found his daughter."How are you holding up?" Harry asks, nudging Zayn with his elbow, and Zayn shrugs "Don't want her to get older" he mumbles and Harry chuckles, setting the box he's holding down to pull Zayn into a hug, "you know she'll always be your baby, right?" he asks and Zayn nods, before pulling away from the hug just as Bella crashes into Harry's knees, cheering his name.

"Presents now?" Bella asks eyeing the large box Harry and Louis brought in with them, but Zayn shakes his head, "no presents yet Baby Girl. Remember we're going to Grandma Karen's later, you get to open all your presents there" he explains. Bella pouts, crossing her arms and staring longingly at the box Harry had set on the floor beside Louis' shoes, Zayn's not entirely sure why his two best friends brought it in with them in the first place. "Actually Zayn" Liam starts coming out of the kitchen a spatula in his hands, "I think we should let her open that one here" he finishes pointing to the box with the utensil in his hands. Zayn's eyes narrow as Bella nods excitedly, it's then Zayn hears the slight whimper and notices the small holes cut into the top of the wrapped box, and he growls lightly in his throat, before turning to face Liam, Louis, and Harry. "Which one of you thought this was a good idea?" Zayn accuses, Louis raises his hand, "it was my idea, but I cleared it with Liam, and he agrees it would be good. Just let her open it Zee" he says in a soothing, calming voice he reserves for Bella, and Zayn when he's trying to not get killed by his friend. Zayn sighs, because he knows he's already lost, especially if Liam approved of the ridiculous thing that's about to happen, "alright Bella, go sit in the living room and you can open your present from Uncle Louis and Uncle Harry" he sighs. Bella cheers before grabbing onto Louis' hand and pulling him along with her towards the living room, Harry following behind with the box in his hands. Liam wraps an arm around Zayn's waist, "relax, she'll love it, and so will you. This is a good idea I promise" Liam murmurs and Zayn groans, dodging the kiss Liam tries to press to his lips, "you're in so much trouble Payne" he mutters before following after his friends and daughter.